Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
VH announces tour! - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Band Manager
    As far as Wolfie is concerned, it has been three years.
    That's a long time in teenage year.
    Enough time for a lot of progress to be made.

Granted, he hasn't spent that time honing his craft on stage - but I have to imagine that he has been practicing.
    I've got to assume that their is a genetic musical capability in the VH family - dad had it too as we know.
    Wolfie does have a major tour under his belt, and I would also imagine that rehearsals will be pretty intense.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I was just reading the "new" Classic Rock, and in the news sidebar it says:
    Van Halen cancels European tour. No explanation given.

Keep in mind the US gets these UK mags a couple months behind, so maybe
    things will get back on track again.

Like Mike
    They'd be smart to make some annoucements soon while the hype is up, instead of waiting a few months. Tour dates should be guaranteed before January 10 since people can't buy tickets for nothing, but there should be an announcement for a single or something too.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    You give ME a break Doc. It doesn't matter who he prefers as a singer, his point is completely valid.

For the record, you DIDN'T just follow three guys.
    We also didnt follow ONE guy you moron. What a troll.

Band Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    Well, you're one to speak cocksucker, you're only claim to fame around here is starting "I hate Sammy Hagar" threads in every other forum. You and Swing 32. You put those in MAIN where you are supposedly a mod! I thought unchained/Ice Cream Man was pathetic as one but you take the cake.

You kill me with your "Eddie Van Halen" ballswinging! Lol

dickswinger ha ha!~

God, are you clowns a bunch of f'n wimps!!!
    I just really don't get it. I'm fairly certain that I've never posted anything that's disrespectful of your opinions on this board. Actually I, and I'm rather sure a lot of others on this board, have agreed with a lot of the VH criticism you have brought to this (probably) unfashionable end of the universe. But seriously...hold your horses!

S'pose what is gonna happen turns out to be just great.... just absolutely marvelous...then what? Come join 'us' man...if nothing else, then just last showing..you know? One last time to just let the world know that a lot of the 80's hairmetal bands were record company formulas build on e.g. VH (and Hanoi Rocks).

If it's only one last time where they get to show the world(and the following obnoxious bands that copied the 'entertainer-lead-singer-great-guitarist-adorable-daftie-bassist-formula' to the brink of undermining the slight bit of credibility metal could have) that they changed modern rock history...then so be it, I want people to know, and I'm certain, that even if it's just that one last time, an uncompromising VH fan like yourself will still feel that very odd pride 'cuz you were there when it happened back in the day'

Cheers!
    Last edited by DolGun; December 27th, 2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: apparently I really have no idea where to put commas

Dance Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by DolGun View Post
    I just really don't get it. I'm fairly certain that I've never posted anything that's disrespectful of your opinions on this board. Actually I, and I'm rather sure a lot of others on this board, have agreed with a lot of the VH criticism you have brought to this (probably) unfashionable end of the universe. But seriously...hold your horses!

S'pose what is gonna happen turns out to be just great.... just absolutely marvelous...then what? Come join 'us' man...if nothing else, then just last showing..you know? One last time to just let the world know that a lot of the 80's hairmetal bands were record company formulas build on e.g. VH (and Hanoi Rocks).

If it's only one last time where they get to show the world(and the following obnoxious bands that copied the 'entertainer-lead-singer-great-guitarist-adorable-daftie-bassist-formula' to the brink of undermining the slight bit of credibility metal could have) that they changed modern rock history...then so be it, I want people to know, and I'm certain, that even if it's just that one last time, an uncompromising VH fan like yourself will still feel that very odd pride 'cuz you were there when it happened back in the day'

Cheers!
    This is a GREAT POST!

I agree with every single word of it.

Thanks Dol!
    Daniel (1994-2013)

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic View Post
    This is a GREAT POST!

I agree with every single word of it.

Thanks Dol!
    Indeed!

Really a great post DolGun!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Band Technician
    well..sum never responded, so I s'pose the post was in vain.

Punk and Simon I hope you guys had a smashing new years

Cheers both of you!

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    PLEASE tell me they're playing Cowboys Stadium this summer!
    Yes ive heard they will be.......The opening act will be Terrance Newman and his new band "the hurdlers".

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    Actually, there is talk it might be Alter Bridge as the supporting band.
    Probably just bollocks talk though.
    These rumours generally are.

Oh and yes, Dol, great post there, mate!