Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

VH announces tour! - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    An Eleven Warrior
    I would like to see some tour dates announced this week. I thought the video was cool, but new music would have been cooler. It would have been neat if they posted the news on Christmas, that would have been a kick ass present. I'm definetly excited. Can't wait to find out when they are coming to my neck of the woods.

My question now is: Will the tour start in Febuary, or will they wait for the album to be out for awhile?

THEE bassist for VH
    Originally Posted by C5A1B5O0
    Brett and the whole entourage here,

I am going to voice my opinion. If that's ok.

I am going to put this in perspective here, with the anouncement and i am exicted like all of you. But like the last time these 3 men and a baby came out with Roth is nothing more than a cash grab. New CD? nope. Mike there? Nope. Eddie and Alex making an official announcement like back in the day? Nope (pipedream) OMG! We forgot the main reason. They re-grouped and now Wolfie has stepped in the shoes of Mike and we are going to charge $250.00 per seat, meet and great (eddie not there) and Dave will cater the whole thing. augtographs, posters, old records found in the closet, shirts, yada yada, yada. And then. when it's all over, as Hungry Van Halen fans as we are, we are still waiting for new music, an update on the website that announces a wimper of hope. A revelation. A glimmer of hope.

Well let's first agree there music is great, even when they chime in Mikes back round vocals while they play LIVE. Eddie and Alex will Hit, beat and crush the crowd with every mite they have because there trying to bringing it back. The Brown Sound. Dave will do the Samuri thing and please the crowd. And Wolfie will look an amaze like , Did they really do that? OMG!

My point is look at the history on this trail.

I paid a lot of bucks when the 2004 tour came out and was Good. And I didn't blink when everything went out of portion after and statyed silent. They had 3 new songs, no CD, Sammy gave a good performance, Eddie was great, Alex pounded the drums, and Mike gave it his all. That was great. That was real. That was no BS. Too bad no effort in E was givin to them for Effort. I followed this band from ground up. In the grunge days, in the transition days, in the recovery days. But i am nothing but an ear left on this earth, listening to what i have left. Old Cd's and recordings from 1977, if that matters I got the same posters tucked away, same burned out music, yada yada........

Now,

Here we are going into 2012. Happy New Year from Cabo....

I gave up on Sammy coming back. that was a given. Mike followed him. we all saw that was a given....

I was happy to hear that Eddie got married, recovered from all his wounds and issues....

But to announce that Van Halen is touring next year....

It's not Van Halen.

It's 3 Men and A Baby

That's my Opinion......

To hear 3 men and less one

That's not original

That's denial

You want and pay to hear a concert....that's great at the very lease 130.00 a seat

Sorry Wolfie, no bash on you. (start your own band) But your not Mike, The Bass is not there. It's not original. It's not worth the ticket price. Eddie, my hats off to you Dave and Alex to bring it back. but your missing one element. And you know what that is.....

So I guess I am going to miss this tour. Good luck to the trio and Student. When you guys come back as originals. Then you will get my money....until then.... see you in the future 2014-15-16-17.............

Good Luck.

Peace out

An Eleven Warrior
    Come on Sum, gimme a break.... That post is from a Sam fan. Yes, it would be cool to see the 4 originals back, but it ain't happening. We got the same number of originals that we had when Hagar was in the band. At least this time we don't have to endure shitty emo lyrics and poor showmanship. Wolf looks redunkulous up there with the the older guys, but it is what it is. Look at it as a DLR solo album featuring E&AVH if that will get you passed the no MA thing. It ain't the original, but it is the closest we got. Even the original wouldn't be the same now a days anywho. I'm excited about the tour and new album. I'm going to enjoy it for what it is. New music from three guys that I have followed for eons. Three guys that have given me hours of joy.

Doc

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Roth View Post
    Come on Sum, gimme a break.... That post is from a Sam fan. Yes, it would be cool to see the 4 originals back, but it ain't happening. We got the same number of originals that we had when Hagar was in the band. At least this time we don't have to endure shitty emo lyrics and poor showmanship. Wolf looks redunkulous up there with the the older guys, but it is what it is. Look at it as a DLR solo album featuring E&AVH if that will get you passed the no MA thing. It ain't the original, but it is the closest we got. Even the original wouldn't be the same now a days anywho. I'm excited about the tour and new album. I'm going to enjoy it for what it is. New music from three guys that I have followed for eons. Three guys that have given me hours of joy.

Doc
    You give ME a break Doc. It doesn't matter who he prefers as a singer, his point is completely valid.

For the record, you DIDN'T just follow three guys.

I know the law, friend.
    PLEASE tell me they're playing Cowboys Stadium this summer!
    "I won't go down in history, but I will go down on your sister."
    -David Lee Roth-

No cheer******s allowed!
    What i don't get, is how so many fans were okay with Roth being out of the lineup.
    The Sammy shows were well attended, the albums still went platinum.

Now, we have Roth back in the band, Mike is out, and people are slagging them.
    You will put up with Dave being replaced by some clown, yet not Michael?
    Roth is an essential component, Mike was the jester.

An Eleven Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    You give ME a break Doc. It doesn't matter who he prefers as a singer, his point is completely valid.

You're right Sum. I didn't follow just 3 guys, but I did follow these three. In years past I would have purchased Chickenfoot's record. I didn't this time around because from what I heard it sounded lame and uninspired. Sammy got to preachy and it didn't trip my trigger. This IS Van Halen, or as close to it as I'm going to get, so I'm happy to have a new album. Roth and Eddie together again, yeah I'm excited about that. For the record, I didn't buy Dave's blue grass album either.

Mike should be back in the band for old time sake, but you are kidding yourself if you think it ain't VH without Mike. Mike sang the high backing vocals. Great! The bass may or may not be him on any given album. It is so low in the mix who can tell they even have a bass player. Wolf will plunk away adaquately imho.

Eddie is the reason you are pissed. Fine! He fucked away his legacy and the legacy of his band. We get that. I guess, I'm tired of being upset about 13, 23, or 30 years of mis-steps. Bitchin' about it won't change it. I'm going to enjoy the new offering and tour and hope it isn't the last.

Doc

Band Manager
    I've got to look at it this way:
    Sure, I'd like to see Mike in the band - especially since he is alive and well, and quite capable of being there.
    He's just not wanted, as Ed would rather have his son.
    I've said before that I believe Wolfie is probably the reason that Ed is able to get out there at all.

The other thing is, when you go to see bands like this that have been around for some 30 years, just how many of them have all original members?

Styx, Kansas, Journey,Yes? No, no, no, and no.

Priest, Scorpions, AC/DC, Maiden? No, no, no, and er... no.

Stones? no.
    Who? no.

It goes on and on like this for various reasons, though "death" is the only factor that can guarantee a classic line up will never return.

Rush is all original, though there are only three of them so I suppose that's one less member to hav a problem with.
    Aerosmith are a true exception as far as I can tell.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I think both of you guys are being realistic adults.

We have 3/4 of the original lineup, the most essential three in my opinion.
    I'm not gonna cry in my cornflakes, repeatedly, because after three plus decades,
    things aren't exactly the same.

Wolf is a man, now.
    He's got a major tour, already under his belt.
    The "3 men & a baby" schtick, is pretty dated by this point.

Dance Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post

ROTLMAO!

What an idiot!

I love it.

redrocker.com are looking for haters just like you! It is Sammy's fan base.

For the record? ROTFLMAO!
    Daniel (1994-2013)