Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Kiss
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiss

THEE bassist for VH

Kiss

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/kiss-...ackstage-pass/

CNN’s Kiss profile is so in-depth that it reaches marrow. For the special ‘Kiss Inc.,’ which will premiere on CNN Presents Sunday, Oct. 23 at 8:00 PM ET, the band granted Poppy Harlow an all-access pass while on tour. She even sat in during one of their famous makeup sessions and applied some products to Gene Simmons‘ face.

Simmons and Paul Stanley reveal some of their beauty tips and tricks, so all you female Kiss fans and aspiring musicians in Kiss cover bands should take notes. Simmons said that their face, er, war paint doesn’t drip off because “we bake it in” and apply several layers.

Stanley has his own dressing room apart from the other three members — can you say diva? — and he revealed that his secret is cheap red lipstick while demonstrating his application techniques. He also explained that he wears knee pads since his knees are reduced to essentially scar tissue at this point.

Stanley also applies fake nails, but for a practical reason, not a cosmetic one! Stanley says he plays guitar so hard that he wears through his fingernails, so he attaches a fake nail and cuts the tips, so it acts as a shield to protect his fingers. How resourceful.
    Simmons also revealed that the band makes around a cool million per show. We’re not surprised, since the jet that much of the footage in this clip was filmed on doesn’t pay for itself. The private chef doesn’t work for free, either.

------------------------------------------------------

Posted this in light of Ace Frehley slamming them recently. I hate seeing Thayer in his makeup too. Looks stupid.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Stanley has his own dressing room apart from the other three members — can you say diva?
    WTF? I remember once reading that they used to share the same dressing room and put their masks together so they would be talkin' 'bout the gig, some points, stage performance, tips and others stuff. Sad!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

No cheer******s allowed!
    A lot of bands end up doing this now.

Look at Aerosmith & Tyler, or Motley Crue & Vince.
    Most of these guys can't stand one another, but it's a working relationship.
    Even Slayer!
    They ask Kerry King how Jeff Hanneman is doing, to which Kerry responds, "No idea.
    I don't talk to him, outside the band."
    Ratt is another example.
    Everyone hates Pearcy.

Look at VH!
    You bet your ass Eddie & Dave can barely tolerate one another.

KISS is so uniteresting to me, without Ace or Peter.
    Tommy Thayer looks like a fool in Ace's makeup, no matter how well he might play.

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    WTF? I remember once reading that they used to share the same dressing room and put their masks together so they would be talkin' 'bout the gig, some points, stage performance, tips and others stuff. Sad!
    After doing this for 40 years though, they can practically do everything in their sleep, the stage show, you name it, even applying the makeup. They all know their job forwards and backwards.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    Even Slayer!
    They ask Kerry King how Jeff Hanneman is doing, to which Kerry responds, "No idea.
    Damn! This IS sad to read, man.

Had no idea about it!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

An Eleven Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post

Look at Aerosmith & Tyler, or Motley Crue & Vince.
    Most of these guys can't stand one another, but it's a working relationship.
    Even Slayer!
    Ratt is another example.
    Everyone hates Pearcy.

Look at VH!
    You bet your ass Eddie & Dave can barely tolerate one another.

KISS is so uniteresting to me, without Ace or Peter.
    Tommy Thayer looks like a fool in Ace's makeup, no matter how well he might play.
    Diamond Dave had his own dressing room seperate from the Van Halen's on the last tour.

TPS Reports
    All bands start off as good friends, but once they get some success, things change.
    Go RAMS!

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by JONEZY View Post
    All bands start off as good friends, but once they get some success, things change.
    Even the fans get a little bit wacky:

Band Manager
    Keith Richards says he hasn't been in Mick Jagger's dressing room in 20 years...

I doubt Roth and EVH have had the same dressing roon since 1980 or so.

I think with Hags they did, but I bet only for the first tour.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Keith Richards says he hasn't been in Mick Jagger's dressing room in 20 years...

I doubt Roth and EVH have had the same dressing roon since 1980 or so.

I think with Hags they did, but I bet only for the first tour.
    Eventually, atleast the last couple tours with Sam, Ed an Al had one limo to the shows and Mike and Sam had another limo.