Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
2012 Tour Setlist - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 66
  1. #21
    Bad Ass Motherfucker
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    S.Florida
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    And to the guy that said they should do "On fire"...
    ARE YOU SERIOUS, DUDE?
    Do you honestly think Roth is gonna be able to pull that one, off in 2012?
    Right here...

    It wouldn't have to be done like the record - as in the chorus part doesn't have to be sung so high by Dave.. Wolf could handle it... Anyway, it's a 'wish list'. I'd like to hear that one.
    Achilleslastand - You come off as attempting to sound funny in every worthless post of yours...If i was you id be seeking a refund from the dane cook school of comedy as its clear to me you got ripped off....

  2. #22
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    Right here...

    It wouldn't have to be done like the record - as in the chorus part doesn't have to be sung so high by Dave.. Wolf could handle it... Anyway, it's a 'wish list'. I'd like to hear that one.
    Ditto that Vain. I listed On Fire when I started the thread. Always been my favorite tune off VHI. I think Wolf could somewhat handle the chorus, atleast enough to make it fun to hear live again.

  3. #23
    Bad Ass Motherfucker
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    S.Florida
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Ditto that Vain. I listed On Fire when I started the thread. Always been my favorite tune off VHI. I think Wolf could somewhat handle the chorus, atleast enough to make it fun to hear live again.
    Mike used to sing the chorus part anyway... But I can hear it a little lower and it would be juuuuuust fine.
    Achilleslastand - You come off as attempting to sound funny in every worthless post of yours...If i was you id be seeking a refund from the dane cook school of comedy as its clear to me you got ripped off....

  4. #24
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    Mike used to sing the chorus part anyway... But I can hear it a little lower and it would be juuuuuust fine.
    Oh yeah!!! Wolf's singing on the last tour was just fine, and Dave sings pretty much everything a little lower now, and he's still the best, so why not play On Fire? I'd love to see Loss Of Control as well.

  5. #25
    Bad Ass Motherfucker
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    S.Florida
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    Oh yeah!!! Wolf's singing on the last tour was just fine, and Dave sings pretty much everything a little lower now, and he's still the best, so why not play On Fire? I'd love to see Loss Of Control as well.
    Loss of Control would be insane... I see as a great opportunity to make good use of a strobe light..
    Achilleslastand - You come off as attempting to sound funny in every worthless post of yours...If i was you id be seeking a refund from the dane cook school of comedy as its clear to me you got ripped off....

  6. #26
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Quote Originally Posted by VAiN View Post
    Loss of Control would be insane... I see as a great opportunity to make good use of a strobe light..
    One can dream that maybe they play something other than You Really Got Me or some of the other usual suspects they always play.

  7. #27
    THEE bassist for VH
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    someplace you're not
    Posts
    19,977
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I'm sure everyone in Ed's circle is afraid to cross him or piss him off.
    We all know that the brown sound hasn't been heard, for a very long time.
    Either Ed "matured" and chased a different tone, or his ears are getting progressively worse with age, and he's hearing something completely different from those speakers, than we are.

    I just hear a lot of super high frequencies happening, almost like he can't hear them correctly & overly compensates.

    I wish one of his peers, like a Brian May or Tony Iommi, would set him straight.
    Then again, i'm sure those guys have significant hearing damage as well.
    This why he needs a guy like Ted Templeman again. To set him straight about his sound. I can understand why he sounds like he does now, but still think he should let someone else bring him back to the way he was in the early days. His upper frequencies are long gone I'm sure and that's why his sound is more trebley. I know I crank the treble all the way up when I'm listening to my stereo these days.

    This dude really said a lot imo:

    I understand that seeing these guys might appeal so some and I don't begrudge them for doing so however I believe that asking as much as they are likely to is fundamentally wrong considering it is not the line up most of the world would prefer to see. New music from Van Halen is likely to be well received by many but yawned at by most as it represents the demise what we all had hoped for. I think for those not fortunate enough to have seen the band in the early days, they will be rewarded with something reasonably good. Especially if you have nothing to compare to in your memory. I have long been critical of Ed Van Halen for the mess he has created time and time again. Roth is no better in my view. Clearly fragile egos and missed steps have plagued this band since 1985 and I for one don't believe this is the last we will see of the drama. I personally don't believe that the current version of Van Halen will be able to perform on smaller stages as this may only be what is left for them. They have burned bridges so often with the core fan base and will now have to do some serious fancy foot work to get the mid stream media to actually endorse them as "relevant" post the historical acrimony and wonton bullshit.

    I have to agree with the above statements.These guys have dropped the ball so frequently in their career that most fans have long since moved on. I have some friends my age who gave up on them years ago. It just wasn't worth it sticking around for to them. I think their deluded to think they will get a another big record deal from Columbia/Sony as they're in the last turn of a four lap race. Like I've stated before, they should be releasing it on their website independently. They don't seem to understand how things work these days. I'd say they have one record in them AT BEST so why waste time pursuing a big record deal? Tour on it and call it a day.


  8. #28
    THEE bassist for VH
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    someplace you're not
    Posts
    19,977
    If these guys are ever gonna convince anybody to "meet them in the future and not the pasture", then they're gonna have to show they mean business and play almost or all of the new album live, if they ever get around to it anyway. Ed said they won't tour unless there's new music again so time for him to put his money where his mouth his and debut the whole album. He owes the fans that much imo. Keep the classics to a bare minimum. I'd bet that they don't though. They keep relying heavily on the same old same old, and not taking any chances. Isn't that what they were about originally? Falling down the stairs and landing on their feet? They have a LOT to prove.


  9. #29
    Yours truly, As Is
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Starwood, WA or is it Gazzariville?
    Posts
    5,800
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    If these guys are ever gonna convince anybody to "meet them in the future and not the pasture", then they're gonna have to show they mean business and play almost or all of the new album live, if they ever get around to it anyway. Ed said they won't tour unless there's new music again so time for him to put his money where his mouth his and debut the whole album. He owes the fans that much imo. Keep the classics to a bare minimum. I'd bet that they don't though. They keep relying heavily on the same old same old, and not taking any chances. Isn't that what they were about originally? Falling down the stairs and landing on their feet? They have a LOT to prove.
    They should do ATLEAST 7 or 8 songs off the new album, if not more.

  10. #30
    EVH diehard ...
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    7,146
    it would be wise on VH's part to play some of the deep cuts that the diehards remember .
    a couple of radio/video hits thrown in for the masses to latch onto , and top it off with some killer tracks off the new album ....

    seems to me that most bases will be covered that way , and they may have an honest shot at a very lucrative $$ tour ?
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Oh, Swell: New VH...In FEBRUARY 2012?
    By John Rebus in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: October 24th, 2011, 12:52 PM
  2. 2011/2012 Van Halen concert tour.
    By punkatomic in forum 2015 Tour
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: October 2nd, 2011, 07:15 PM
  3. 2007 Reunion tour dream setlist!
    By unchainedguitars in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: January 28th, 2007, 01:38 AM
  4. What's Your Ideal Setlist?
    By i1sum2! in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: January 17th, 2006, 06:55 PM
  5. Best 3 song setlist from DLR era?
    By JulianESPltd in forum Main Classic Van Halen Discussion Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: October 16th, 2005, 12:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •