Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
The MOJO DOJO
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The MOJO DOJO

An Eleven Warrior

The MOJO DOJO

Sum and I have been discussing this most of the day. I think it would be nice to bring it into the light. I know Sum posted the link to this last week sometime, but we can not seem to find it. So, here it is again http://www.celebrityhousepictures.co...d-lee-roth.php It is our favorite lead singers abode in good old Pasadena.

The map is interactive and you can see the home from four different angles, just click on the N, E, W, S in the upper left hand corner. With a little bit of searching you can also see Ed's and Al's homes as well. My favorite view of Dave's home is from the south. It gives a great shot of the back of the house and swimming pool.

Enjoy,
    Doc

Love ya moms......
    Thats pretty cool. Ive seen some of these and it looks like AL has the nicest home of all of them.
    Dosnt it say something along the lines of nothing in here is worth your life on the outside gate?

An Eleven Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    Thats pretty cool. Ive seen some of these and it looks like AL has the nicest home of all of them.
    Dosnt it say something along the lines of nothing in here is worth your life on the outside gate?
    That is on Dave's house reportedly. Al does look like he has the nicest house, but dave's looks very old school Cali wealth to me. Eddies is huge too. I like flipping the place around and seeing the garage in the back of the house on the hill. In front of the gargae area he has a section of the driveway striped. From the picture you can see the light blue 55 Chevy parked outside.

Looking at these homes is pretty cool, but makes me think about how there is a great divide between them and their fans. Don't get me wrong, they "worked" very hard for all they have and I don't begrudge them their wealth. My point is this, I knew these guys had money, but seeing their homes really makes it hit home. All of them are beautiful places.

I know the law, friend.
    That's really cool, thanks for sharing guys. Is there anyway to figure out the actual street addresses? Or just street names? We could plug that into Google Maps and may be able to get actual street views. (with that little guy, know what I mean?)

I see what you mean about the disconnect. Those are castles, not houses. But then again, could they really live in your neighborhood, or my neighborhood, without constantly being harassed by fans? It's unfortunate, but it's probably true.

And the quote on DLR's gate is something to the effect of "Nothing In Here Is Worth Your Life." Nice touch Dave.

Only a little tardy
    Kinda have to wonder...do you think DLR has a security alarm?

An Eleven Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboydan View Post
    That's really cool, thanks for sharing guys. Is there anyway to figure out the actual street addresses? Or just street names? We could plug that into Google Maps and may be able to get actual street views. (with that little guy, know what I mean?)

I see what you mean about the disconnect. Those are castles, not houses. But then again, could they really live in your neighborhood, or my neighborhood, without constantly being harassed by fans? It's unfortunate, but it's probably true.

And the quote on DLR's gate is something to the effect of "Nothing In Here Is Worth Your Life." Nice touch Dave.
    Yeah they could. I live in a nice upper middle class neighborhood in rural Ohio. They would fit in with little to no fanfare, and be welcomed to boot. Dick Cavit lives three doors down and I could give two shits. Most of the people in my hood wouldn't even know who they were. We have a bunch of 70 year old retirees. Me, on the other hand, would bug the crap out of them

Doc

An Eleven Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan View Post
    Kinda have to wonder...do you think DLR has a security alarm?
    His house got broken into a few years back. From what I remember he held the perp at gun point from his balcony until the 5-O showed. I think the guy was whacked out and hopped the fence in the back. I don't think the guy even made it inside. So, I guess he does have some sort of security.

Love ya moms......
    I think on Nugents house he has something posted like "trespassers will be shot survivors will be shot again lol.
    And heres a link to Ace Frehleys house
    http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/ace-frehleys-house/

Quite a contrast from the others....

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Roth View Post
    Yeah they could. I live in a nice upper middle class neighborhood in rural Ohio. They would fit in with little to no fanfare, and be welcomed to boot. Dick Cavit lives three doors down and I could give two shits. Most of the people in my hood wouldn't even know who they were. We have a bunch of 70 year old retirees. Me, on the other hand, would bug the crap out of them

Doc
    Interesting points. I'm guessing those houses were built in the 90's and once you're in them, you really don't feel the need to move out to a smaller place in a retired neighborhood............however, it makes me think of another one of my favorite artists, Bruce Springsteen, who used to live in CA and moved back to Colts Neck, NJ to raise his family. As he described it, "California is great but New Jersey is home."

Speaking of Springsteen, and intruders, after Born to Run was released he thought he was finally popular enough to meet one of his heroes, Elvis, which he decided to do one night after a few beers.......by climbing over the gate to Graceland. Needless to say the security guards didn't like that too much....and Elvis wasn't all that impressed either. Oh well.
    Last edited by cowboydan; July 20th, 2011 at 12:40 PM.

I know the law, friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    I think on Nugents house he has something posted like "trespassers will be shot survivors will be shot again lol.
    And heres a link to Ace Frehleys house
    http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/ace-frehleys-house/

Quite a contrast from the others....
    Slash's house looks like Bin Laden's compound.
    http://www.celebrityhousepictures.com/slash.php

Bruce has a nice perch in CA: http://www.celebrityhousepictures.co...?housephotos=3
    Last edited by cowboydan; July 20th, 2011 at 12:32 PM.