Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

So what's the deal with Wolfgang?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Roadie

So what's the deal with Wolfgang?

Has he even been interviewed before (without Eddie)?

Do we know what he likes as far as music? what he prefers to play (instrument)? His overall view on music and what he wants to contribute, etc

He's been in the band officially since 07 and we know very about him except for what Eddie has claimed about his artistic abilities.

Chief Fluffer Inspector
    Here's the latest thing printed w/ Wolfgang in it... Just before the 2007-2008 tour"break"(Ed's supposed relapse)
    http://www.guitarworld.com/van-halen-father-son
    THE WORLD AWAITS... RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!

Love ya moms......
    He likes AC/DC,twinkies and long walks on the beach.
    Other then that hes supposed to be a musical prodigy/genius as per his pops.

Quote Originally Posted by ErickC View Post
    Has he even been interviewed before (without Eddie)?

Do we know what he likes as far as music? what he prefers to play (instrument)? His overall view on music and what he wants to contribute, etc

He's been in the band officially since 07 and we know very about him except for what Eddie has claimed about his artistic abilities.

Couldnt give a rats ass about what he likes He's probably as hollow and soulless as the rest of his generation!

Permanent vacation
    ^^^ I'd never seen that interview KT, thanks.

As much as I dislike and disagree with the idea of replacing Mike with Ed's fat teenage son, I think it's clear that if it weren't for the kid's voice in the matter, we wouldn't be getting any tours or new material out of Ed.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Git some!
    I remember him saying he liked classic rock (AC/DC type stuff I guess) and Primus.

I'm sure he can play the guitar, bass, and I'm sure he's covering his dad on the tuba.

He likes In N Out?

Someone should hire a PI.
    Ready, Eddie!

I honestly don't think Wolfgang will stay in Van Halen. Eventually he might want to start up his own thing independant from his dad's band.

We can only hope and pray that one day Mike might come back to the band.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineedajob View Post
    I honestly don't think Wolfgang will stay in Van Halen. Eventually he might want to start up his own thing independant from his dad's band.

I would prefer that Mike were still in the band, but "hope and pray"? C'mon....
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineedajob View Post

i think Wolfie could very well branch out on his own oneday ?
    but Van Halen is a very impressive little nugget to have on his resume !!

personally , i don't see Mike ever returning to Howdy Doody Mountain and patching things up with Eddie ...

MA probably would in a heartbeat because he's a great guy , but i can't see Edward looking at Mike's # on the call display and actually picking up the phone to set up the meeting
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
    ^^^ I'd never seen that interview KT, thanks.

As much as I dislike and disagree with the idea of replacing Mike with Ed's fat teenage son, I think it's clear that if it weren't for the kid's voice in the matter, we wouldn't be getting any tours or new material out of Ed.
    the whole 'Mike is out , Wolfie is in' saga was utter Bullsh*t , and we all know it !
    that horse has been beaten to death and long since buried ....

having said that , Wolf did a fine job for a 16 yr old KID thrust into that situation , IMO.

and he not only got Ed/Dave talking again , but jamming , touring , and now recording , and an upcoming tour !!!

i give the guy major props for those reasons . let's face it -- none of these things happened in the last several years MA was in the band

i love MA , always have and will , but it took Wolfie to light the fire under Ed's butt
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."