Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Five Songs To Bring Back...
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    THEE bassist for VH

Five Songs To Bring Back...

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/five-...eir-next-tour/

5. Yankee Rose
    4. You're No Good
    3. Loss Of Control (for obvious reason lol, although there's no way in hell they could pull this off now)
    2. Hear About It Later

and, coming in at number one:

1. On Fire

The only one I think they could still do is YNG. They have lost the swagger and attitude to pull off anything else listed. Chops too.

Someone else said it best:

And that is my problem with this whole VHIV thing, because that is gone. Dave does not have the attitude, the swagger, or even a touch of the blues anymore. Watching him onstage now is a bit like watching Mr. Furley from Three's Company up there. Trying waaaay to hard to be cool, and never even coming close.

It was always a bit of an act for Dave, but now it is just so painfully pathetic because he's missing everything that used to make it work.

-------------------------------------------------

Discuss and cuss

Like Mike
    I remember just before the Reunion Tour someone posted a list of songs that were being rehearsed by the band. It was obviously fake, but it included "Yankee Rose" and 3 (fake) new tracks, "Boiler Room" (which was meant to be Wolf's bass solo before RWTD), "Skintight" and "Just a Little In Love". Interesting they bring up "Yankee Rose" on this list... They wouldn't do it, but "Ladies Night..." would be a good track to throw in (also wouldn't happen.

I'd like to hear them do "Take Your Whiskey Home", "Light Up The Sky", "Outta Love Again", "DOA", "A Simple Rhyme", "Hear About it Later", "Sinner's Swing", "Dirty Movies (no way in hell that would happen), "Hang Em High", "The Full Bug" and last, and favouritly not least "Girl Gone Bad".
    I can keep dreaming though... They're not gonna do deepcuts.

I think it would be awesome if they spontaenously brought out "Act Like It Hurts"... But that's a 0% chance considering it's unreleased.

No cheer******s allowed!
    "Yankee Rose" isn't even a freaking VH tune, fer chrissakes.
    It's closer to Poison than actual classic VH.

1. Hear about it later

2. Sinner's Swing

3. Fools

4. The Full Bug

5. In a simple rhyme

Yankee Rose...Pfffft.

THEE bassist for VH
    Ed couldn't even PLAY Yankee Rose! There's the rub.

Permanent vacation
    I don't think today's Ed could nail Yankee Rose or Ladies Night... And at this point I'm not sure Vai could, either. Sure,he was still playing Shyboy when Sheehan was in his solo group a few years back, but he's been in very different territory the past 20 years. When Vai does throw rock standards into the set - Hendrix, etc. - it's more just for a break / change of pace, than a real effort (as the Roth stuff would've been in '86, when he had something to prove.)

I do think it would be cool if VH IV would do one Roth solo and one Van Hagar track. It would be a nice way to acknowledge each other's post-1984 work.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Permanent vacation
    As far as old CVH songs, I agree with You're No Good, Hear About It Later, and On Fire.

I'd add DOA to the list. DLR used to do a pretty decent version of it with the Young / Luzier / Lomenzo band he had, so I'm sure they could put together a decent version with Ed, Alex and Wolf.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

An Eleven Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I remember just before the Reunion Tour someone posted a list of songs that were being rehearsed by the band. It was obviously fake, but it included "Yankee Rose" and 3 (fake) new tracks, "Boiler Room" (which was meant to be Wolf's bass solo before RWTD), "Skintight" and "Just a Little In Love". Interesting they bring up "Yankee Rose" on this list... They wouldn't do it, but "Ladies Night..." would be a good track to throw in (also wouldn't happen.

I'd like to hear them do "Take Your Whiskey Home", "Light Up The Sky", "Outta Love Again", "DOA", "A Simple Rhyme", "Hear About it Later", "Sinner's Swing", "Dirty Movies (no way in hell that would happen), "Hang Em High", "The Full Bug" and last, and favouritly not least "Girl Gone Bad".
    I can keep dreaming though... They're not gonna do deepcuts.

I think it would be awesome if they spontaenously brought out "Act Like It Hurts"... But that's a 0% chance considering it's unreleased.
    I thought I knew all of the unreleased stuff. Can anyone send me this one?

Thanks,
    Doc

Dance Baby!
    Outta Love Again
    Drop Dead Legs
    Hear About It Later
    DOA
    Light Up The Sky
    Daniel (1994-2013)

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Roth View Post
    I thought I knew all of the unreleased stuff. Can anyone send me this one?

Thanks,
    Doc
    first you were a week late with the tour announcement or something ? now this ??
    c'mon Doc , gimme a break !!

all in fun dude , chillax ...
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

EVH diehard ...
    Drop Dead Legs
    Girl Gone Bad
    House of Pain
    Hear About It Later
    Feel Your Love Tonight

possibly a Roth solo tune as well . they DID One Way To Rock from Sam's catalogue (and they did it WELL !)
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."