Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Metallica w/ mustaine 1982
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    No cheer******s allowed!

Metallica w/ mustaine 1982

Here is a great sounding club show from 1982, featuring both Ron on Bass & Dave on lead guitar.

Mustaine talks to the crowd a lot, and seems more the band leader than James or Lars.
    Mustaine also positively shreds on guitar, here, some of the solo's remind me of the 'Peace Sells...' vibe, in both tone & phrasing.

Includes: Hit the lights, jump in the fire, phantom lord, motorbreath, no remorse, whiplash AND a killer version of 'Am i Evil?'

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f90...ight=metallica

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Great stuff, man! Gonna download later at home.

Thanks a lot for the link!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    Great stuff, man! Gonna download later at home.

Thanks a lot for the link!
    Listening to this, i can't believe they fired Mustaine!
    Rhythm wise, he is much tighter than Kirk Hammet, matching Hetfield riff for riff.
    And i love his manic soloing.
    A lot of the stuff i attributed to Chris Poland, might actually be Dave.

The club crowd is going nuts, too.
    Even this early on, you can tell Metallica was something special.

HOW COULD THEY FIRE DAVE?

Git some!
    Dude, I just downloaded this the day before haha. Fucking Ace! Dave's pretty much killing it on stage!
    Ready, Eddie!

Permanent vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    HOW COULD THEY FIRE DAVE?
    I remember an interview with Kerry King from probably 5 or 6 years ago. They asked him if he ever speaks to Dave Mustaine:

"No."
    "Why not?"
    "Well, he's a cocksucker for one thing."

I thought it was a great answer, LoL.

Both Dave and Kerry seem like arseholes who'd be tough to work with, IMO. But he is a good writer. I always say that Metallica stopped being relevant once they ran out of Mustaine / Burton material to draw from.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I dont care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted View Post
    Dude, I just downloaded this the day before haha. Fucking Ace! Dave's pretty much killing it on stage!
    Totally agree, you can just feel the energy eating up the crowd!
    Dave sounds like such a punk-kid, when he talks to the crowd, i love it.

I love how they just lock in, rhythmically, on things like, "No Remorse."
    So young & hungry, at that point...

Dave does the "Holy Wars" lick in one solo (that ascending one).
    He's just angirly spewing out these notes, and i love it!

And Ron is solid, too.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
    I remember an interview with Kerry King from probably 5 or 6 years ago. They asked him if he ever speaks to Dave Mustaine:

"No."
    "Why not?"
    "Well, he's a cocksucker for one thing."

I thought it was a great answer, LoL.

Both Dave and Kerry seem like arseholes who'd be tough to work with, IMO. But he is a good writer. I always say that Metallica stopped being relevant once they ran out of Mustaine / Burton material to draw from.
    I kind of agree, as both the debut & "Ride" still had such a Mustaine stamp to it.
    But, man, these guys were killing it in '82, they had this wild chemistry, along with Dave being such a decent writer.
    Mustaine came up with some great music.
    I'm surprised Lars would risk losing that creative factor, because Hammet wasn't known for anything, except being a decent lead guitar player.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    I kind of agree, as both the debut & "Ride" still had such a Mustaine stamp to it. But, man, these guys were killing it in '82, they had this wild chemistry, along with Dave being such a decent writer. Mustaine came up with some great music. I'm surprised Lars would risk losing that creative factor, because Hammet wasn't known for anything, except being a decent lead guitar player.
    Back then, I think both James & Lars knew that hiding Kirk would be much more easier to deal with instead of keep Dave or getting someone else with a similar personality in the band.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation Bump!

30 years ago!

Here's a flyer from a gig Metallica did 30 years ago.

Awesome pic, btw.

(Props to a droogie friend from Megadeth.com)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ---

Like Mike
    I have become so burnt out on 'Tallica.. I have no idea where the loss of interest came from. All of that Lulu shit maybe?