Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I never saw this pic before
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    Band Manager

I never saw this pic before

david-lee-roth_charlie-Fernandez.jpg
    My favorite candid of Roth. I just found it, any one posted this here before? Looks like a pre-fame pic of him hanging out with nerds at the bowling alley . I wanna put some dialogue balloons on it.
    Last edited by 1234over; June 23rd, 2011 at 10:17 PM.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Love ya moms......
    First time ive ever seen it. Nice pic too...looks to be about 17 or so.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    First time ive ever seen it. Nice pic too...looks to be about 17 or so.
    It just struck me that every one seems to be ignoring him. We don't see many shots where he isn't the center of attention. It kinda humanizes him.
    It can't be "Van Halen" without Roth, any more than it can be "Van Halen" without Eddie.

Band Manager
    Thanks never saw it!
    http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=qrGlhsJPxJ8
    When I was young i played some music.Purple Haze1987

http://vhfrance.activebb.net/portal.htm
    (seul site franšais sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFrance (channel)

Cheers everyone !
    Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    david-lee-roth_charlie-Fernandez.jpg
    My favorite candid of Roth. I just found it, any one posted this here before? Looks like a pre-fame pic of him hanging out with nerds at the bowling alley . I wanna put some dialogue balloons on it.
    Seen it,
    One can find all kinds of rare shots in the photo albums
    on this board ....
    And if I remember correctly the picture was taken at school ( the Hulk /Lou Ferrigno was his classmate ) and he's on the background if I am not mistaken.........

THEE bassist for VH
    It just struck me that every one seems to be ignoring him. We don't see many shots where he isn't the center of attention. It kinda humanizes him.
    It does, but that's probably before he was famous. Looks like it was taken during the club days era. I hadn't seen this one before. Start your own picture gallery and put this one in it seeing how it's a rare one.

I have another rare one of him from about the same time where he was taking in a show at the Forum with fellow musician Michael White. I'll post it if I can find it.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    It does, but that's probably before he was famous
    It's definitely before he was famous. Looks like maybe when he was a student at PCC. It's interesting to see him as just a guy standing around. He looks like such a punk, like he is trying to interest the nerdy guys in some "Acapulco Gold" or some such, lol.

THEE bassist for VH
    It's definitely before he was famous. Looks like maybe when he was a student at PCC. It's interesting to see him as just a guy standing around. He looks like such a punk, like he is trying to interest the nerdy guys in some "Acapulco Gold" or some such, lol.
    He does sort of resemble a 70's pot dealer there. lol

The kids today wouldn't even know what Acapulco Gold is. That's even funnier.

Here's the picture I was referring to above. Mike White had what I think is probably the best Zep tribute band there ever has been. He called it simply "The White". Saw them in the mid eighties and they were incredible. When this pic was taken was way before he started that though. Back then, I guess he was a really good studio musician who did work for many bands.
    Attached Images Attached Images

EVH diehard ...
    that it does ....
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."