Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
NFL 2011 Season thread.......
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Love ya moms......

NFL 2011 Season thread.......

NFL 2011 season thread............ooops please disregard hahaha.

Dance Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achilleslastand View Post
    NFL 2011 season thread............ooops please disregard hahaha.
    LOL!

Not unless something happens before the end of July. The 2011 NLF seasons will either not happen, be shorten or replacement will be playing.

Nothing like Billionaires and Millionaires fighting for more money!

I've checked the NBA off my list.

If the NFL doesn't get it's shit together, they are next.

The only professional sports I'm watching and spending my dollars on is Major League Baseball.
    Daniel (1994-2013)

TPS Reports
    There will be a season. To much money to be lost. I expect the agreement will be done by August.
    Go RAMS!

Dance Baby!
    If it's in August, then I will be shorten season.

Rumor has it that the Rams are interesting in Plaxico Burress.
    Daniel (1994-2013)

Love ya moms......
    Ive read somewhere that a deal may be reached in the next couple weeks but if this goes much later they may have a eight game shortened season.
    Neither the owners or the players are hurting for money the minimum nfl salary is what about 500,000 a year?
    If you cant manage your money or thats not enough to buy your gold teef and "bling" then your seriously stupid.

THEE bassist for VH
    It's pure greed that the owners are motivated by. Well, both sides actually. I don't look for an agreement to be reached anytime soon. Neither side is willing to give up something in order to make it work. At this point, I wouldn't care if the NFL just collapsed on its ass. All they are anymore is spoiled crybabies who won't report to camp unless they get another couple million. The owners eventually agree and succumb to their wants and that's what makes this sport look bad. They just perpetuate it. Free Agency basically ruined the game, as well as other sports too. It just keeps driving up ticket prices and other items sold at the stadiums.

If it ends up being a short season, then sponsors lose out big time. Players lose out on some endorsement money too I'd say. Not that I care if the loose any money though.

You can look forward to seeing a whole lot more injuries because these guys aren't necessarily maintaining a strict workout regimen right now. It's a loose/loose thing any way ya look at it.

An Eleven Warrior
    Fuck the NFL! The product on the field has sucked for ages. I can not stand the fucking dancing and trash talking after EVERY play. You tackled a guy, big whoop get back in the huddle and do it again you over paid pile of shit.

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Roth View Post
    Fuck the NFL! The product on the field has sucked for ages. I can not stand the fucking dancing and trash talking after EVERY play. You tackled a guy, big whoop get back in the huddle and do it again you over paid pile of shit.
    Pretty much how I feel about the NFL now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nfllabor

The first comment I read down below about the linked article says a lot:

SATURDAY JULY 9

It's a new day folks. If today is your day to join up in sitting out this season, welcome. Remember avoid anything with an NFL logo on it when shopping. Most importantly, cancel NFL Red Zone and Sunday Ticket . . . spend your Sundays for one season doing something else, like boating, paintball, whatever. Get all your friends in on, too. It's the only way. Worried about hurting businesses by not spending your money like you have in years past while watching games? Just spend it someplace else, like a local restaurant, or at the movies, street vendors, home improvement stores, whatever.

And don't listen to the "there are 40 people in line for my seat at the stadium" argument. Albeit true, it's not what this is about. Keep your tickets, just don't go to the game. An empty seat speaks volumes, and represents probably another $50-100 or so they're not getting from you in concessions, etc.

You don't need to quit being a fan forever, but show them for one season that this just isn't acceptable. Prices are going up. It's going to happen. And we're the one footing the bill for all of these delays. We're the ones losing jobs. We're the ones they throw in as a sound byte for why they're doing it.

It's a farce. It's a fight over OUR money, money they don't even have in hand yet.

If you want to continue to support the NFL, that's your choice, and there's no one judging. Just show the rest of us the same respect for doing what we think is right regarding the lockout. We're not organizing a fan strike, we're just throwing a little support to the folks who are taking a pass this season.

We think the NFL needs to look at itself in the mirror, that's all. So even a minor dip, no matter how small, in cable packages, attendance, viewership, merch sales . . . will most definitely get their attention, even if it is temporary.

TPS Reports
    Looks like the Lockout will end in the next few days. They just have to cross the T's and dot the lower case j's.
    Go RAMS!

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by JONEZY View Post
    Looks like the Lockout will end in the next few days. They just have to cross the T's and dot the lower case j's.
    Of course its gonna end soon. Both players and owners dont wanna miss out on that cash cow.
    The players need it to buy more gold teef and bling and the owners could always use an extra buck or two.
    Greed...Nothing more then greed
    Just so we can go pay 100 bucks for a nosebleed seat 50 bucks to park and 10 bucks for a hotdog.