Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Guess what i won...............
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Love ya moms......

Guess what i won...............

The lottery? Nope
    A date with Aria Giovanni? I wish
    40 acres and a mule? Hmm no
    Yep you guessed it i won 2 free tickets to see Yes/Styx in July here at the zoo ampitheater.
    Ive always wanted to see Steve Howe and heres my chance.....

Is this actually at a zoo?

Yes is a really great live band, and I think they have Rick Wakeman back, too.

I saw them several years ago at Chastain Park Amphitheater. They put on a really good show, opening with "Close to the Edge," probably my favorite song by them. I'd like to see them in a place with better sound, though. Chastain is surrounded by townhouses so they have to keep the volume down and end shows early. Ridiculous.

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    Is this actually at a zoo?

Yes is a really great live band, and I think they have Rick Wakeman back, too.

I saw them several years ago at Chastain Park Amphitheater. They put on a really good show, opening with "Close to the Edge," probably my favorite song by them. I'd like to see them in a place with better sound, though. Chastain is surrounded by townhouses so they have to keep the volume down and end shows early. Ridiculous.
    Actually its a block or 2 from the zoo itself and yes they have similar rules. No profanity is allowed on stage and they must ends shows by a certain hour since they are relatively close to a neighborhood.

No cheer******s allowed!
    No Jon Anderson, though.
    I'm not sure who will be singing for Yes.

I'd go just to see THE greatest Bassist ever: Chris Squire!
    Nobody plays with such tone, technique AND groove.
    That guy navigates his way through every complex Yes tune, yet never loses that
    groove & bottom, despite all the notes he tosses in.
    Squire is amazing, in my book.
    He's the anti-Michael Anthony!

Like Mike
    Not to mention that he does all of that whilst providing excellent background vocals. I saw Yes 7 or 8 years ago... It was a great show. Have fun Achilles.

Permanent vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    No Jon Anderson, though.
    I'm not sure who will be singing for Yes.
    It's some younger guy from Montreal.

I had mixed feelings on them replacing Anderson. He was always the weakest link in the band, for me, with his sappy lyrics and melodies. But at the same time, he is *the voice* of Yes.

I did see some of the setlists from the last tour they did with this stand-in guy (apparently they're recording with him, too??), and they were pretty solid. They brought back a few things that Anderson hadn't done in years ("Parallels", my favourite classic Yes song among them), plus some of the underrated stuff from Drama, like "Machine Messiah".

It will be a good show, for sure. I saw the Steve Howe Trio here a couple years ago, and he was outstanding. Very professional, diverse set, refreshing interpretations of old classics... He hasn't lost anything over the years, IMO.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I dont care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Yep, I just checked their site. Apparently things have changed. No Rick Wakeman and no Jon Anderson. Oh, well, you've got Howe and Squire and that counts for a lot.

I think Chris Squire should make his own line of budget basses for Fender and they could call it the Chris Squire Squire.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Congrats, Achilles!

Hope you have a great time!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    I think Chris Squire should make his own line of budget basses for Fender and they could call it the Chris Squire Squire.
    No, it would be the Chris Squire SQUIER.

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    No, it would be the Chris Squire SQUIER.
    No, I don't think it would sell as well with the all caps.

His name is synonymous with Rickenbacker, anyhow.