Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
CHECK IT OUT - Rare 1981 Live Footage... - Page 5
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    Skid Row was damn nice - both debut and Slave to the Grind had killer tunes along with few chessy songs as well. But the band rocked!
    i loved Skid Row !!!!
    the first 2 albums were great , IMO .

Bach was a super frontman , Sabo and Scotti kicked ass on guitar and the songs were mostly good 80's stuff.

i saw them 3 times live . once with G'NR , once with Aerosmith , and once on their own at the old RPM club in Toronto .although i had lost interest in them after the 3rd album ? the really heavy one ...can't remember the name of it , but i recall hating it and giving it away to an ex singer of mine
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

I want to know where these Ratt bootlegs are, especially the Ohio one.

EVH diehard ...
    i don't have a single Ratt bootleg .
    in fact , i've never even heard one , which is surprising to me .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    I want to know where these Ratt bootlegs are, especially the Ohio one.
    I get all of mine at Guitars101!

So, i'm an idiot...

Turns out that Ohio show was from 1984!!
    No wonder they sound JUST LIKE THE RECORD (it had just come out).
    And that second guitarist is Robbin Crosby (duh).

I have no idea why i thought it was '97, i must have mixed up my bootleg dates, as i downloaded several that day.
    And now the blowjob story sounds more in line with the times.

You'd think the setlist (all Cellar & E.P.) would have tipped me off!

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    i loved Skid Row !!!!
    the first 2 albums were great , IMO .

Bach was a super frontman , Sabo and Scotti kicked ass on guitar and the songs were mostly good 80's stuff.

i saw them 3 times live . once with G'NR , once with Aerosmith , and once on their own at the old RPM club in Toronto .although i had lost interest in them after the 3rd album ? the really heavy one ...can't remember the name of it , but i recall hating it and giving it away to an ex singer of mine
    You mean Subhuman Race? Nice record, underated one. Not their best, but not their worst effort either. Didn't they opened for Van hagar during part of the 1995 Ambulance tour?
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    You mean Subhuman Race? Nice record, underated one. Not their best, but not their worst effort either. Didn't they opened for Van hagar during part of the 1995 Ambulance tour?
    thanks Simon !
    yeah Subhuman Race was the title i'd forgotten . i didn't care for it too much . glad you liked it though ..

i didn't see the 1995 VH tour , but i'm pretty sure Skid Row did open for VH on at least 1 leg of that one ?
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Groupie
    Thanks for sharing the links!
    Soooo Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic View Post
    It's funny, back in those days. I would read Creem, Circus and Hit Parade to get my rock info fix.

No doubt back then Van Halen was on their covers more then most. Shit, they even released a Van Halen only editions.

Looking at todays rock. I can only be thankful that I grew up when I did.

You know that best selling albums of 2010 thread. Think about who would be on that list in 1979? 1980? 1981? 1982? 1983? IMO, 1979-1983 was the GOLDEN AGE of hard rock.
    ah so true. I've often said we were so lucky to grow up when we did for rock n roll. If you're 35+ you got to see some incredible music. When albums meant something. You'd sit and study those mags for van halen interviews and pics. Study the albums and liner notes. hope to catch some VH video on TV. Of course they were a mainstay on MTV...

>December 30th, 2010, 09:01 PM #46
    >March 15th, 2011, 09:23 PM #47
    Necro the necro, what's up with you?

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by VHpetiton View Post
    ah so true. I've often said we were so lucky to grow up when we did for rock n roll. If you're 35+ you got to see some incredible music. When albums meant something. You'd sit and study those mags for van halen interviews and pics. Study the albums and liner notes. hope to catch some VH video on TV. Of course they were a mainstay on MTV...
    Well, you certainly have the right idea. I cannot fault you. However, you'll probably be met with Ed's denial that such show doesn't exist when it really does. They filmed three nights as it's been reported by fans who were in attendance. For Ed to not give us this, nor any explanation, is unaccapetable.