Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Astronomy
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Astronomy

No cheer******s allowed!

Astronomy

Anyone else into the majestic beauty of the night skies?

The other night, i was coming home, and noticed this huge, extremely bright star in the late night sky.
    I looked it up online, and learned this was Jupiter, a planet that 1,000 earth's could fit into!
    Jupiter is a giant ball of gas, with several atmospheres, the deeper you travel.
    There are intense lightning storms, hurricanes so extreme they make anything earth has experienced seem like a light rain, and multi-colored clouds & skies.
    Jupiter has several moons that orbit it.
    Days would be much shorter than those on Earth, and the intense radiation would obliterate a human, before he even gets through the first layer of Jupiter's atmosphere.

Mars, on the other hand, is similar to death valley.
    It's all rusted, rocky terrain, desert like & waterless.
    The Mars Rover captured some amazing photographs, one showing two, eerie moons that orbit the planet.

It's amazing how Nasa can launch these robots into space, and have them land perfectly on MARS.
    HOW DO THEY DO THAT?

They sent another one all the way to Jupiter, and it took years for it to reach it's destination.
    It managed to penetrate several of Jupiter's layers, only to explode midway through & be absorbed into Jupiter itself.

Can you imagine this little rocket, burning through space, and eventually making it all the way to Jupiter?
    NASA is amazing.

And as i look toword that clear, night sky, there is Jupiter!
    It's this huge, glowing star, yet so ridiculously far away.
    It almost creeps me out, a little.

In my next installment i will discuss Saturn & Venus...
    Stay tuned.

THEE bassist for VH
    I'm into the Heavens too. I watch all those programs on Discovery and National Geographic. Or even the History Channel.

Why did Pluto get booted from being a part of our solar system? Did all the other planets take a vote at a big pow wow and say "You're not good enough to be one of us"?

All those years of being one of the gang, down the drain!

EVH diehard ...
    i've always had a keen interest in space and the universe as well .
    i have a few recorded shows on Mars and NASA , etc.

i always love watching the shuttle launches and the images from outer space .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

Band Manager
    I also enjoy watching the sky at night from my home. Here I can see Mars, Jupiter and Venus, along with some constelations that can only be seen from the South hemisphere. I have some gym classes 03 times every week and it happens in an open place and it is really amazing to have a nice breeze at night and see the stars as part of the whole scenario.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I was looking at this book at work, and they captured his amazing shot of Jupiter.

The little space craft had been launched years earlier, and was passing by Jupiter, on it's way to Saturn.
    The shot just shows this massive, behemoth of a planet, yet the craft was millions of miles away from Jupiter, as it captured the photograph.

I'm really fascinated by all the planets, they all are so unique.
    I've purchased more DVD's, one from the History channel & another by National Geographic.
    The BBC one was incredible.

To hear these Nasa scientists talk about the solar system, and the shots they capture via the space capsules they launch into space...amazing!
    How do these ships not run out of fuel?
    How do they actually make it to whichever planet they are sent to?
    There must be a lot of math involved in laying out their course.
    Can you imagine being on those crafts, so far into the galaxy?
    Total isolation.

Then there's Saturn with those freaky rings!
    Man, i can't get enough of this stuff.
    It's almost as intense as my obsession with ghosts & the paranormal.

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    The little space craft had been launched years earlier, and was passing by Jupiter, on it's way to Saturn.
    The shot just shows this massive, behemoth of a planet, yet the craft was millions of miles away from Jupiter, as it captured the photograph.
    On one of those programs I watched recently, they showed exactly that, the space craft passing by Jupiter. It was huge! What I don't understand is how they can program and/or control the craft from millions of miles away here on Earth? That's what really amazes me.

THEE bassist for VH
    These are the voyages of the Startrek Enterprise...

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    These are the voyages of the Startrek Enterprise...

i have several bootleg dvds of the 2007/08 VH tour .
    DLR would always make an extended speech before launching into Ice Cream Man .
    when he talkes about making chips in the wall by missing the dartboard i always laugh .
    he said that under the black light it looked like stars out of the 'windsheid' of the USS Enterprise .

"There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

No cheer******s allowed!
    On one of those programs I watched recently, they showed exactly that, the space craft passing by Jupiter. It was huge! What I don't understand is how they can program and/or control the craft from millions of miles away here on Earth? That's what really amazes me.

Those NASA guys truly are brilliant.
    To get that thing to take photographs & land on a target so far away, in deep space, is pretty mind blowing.

The craft that attempted to land on Jupiter, i guess they were trying to find if there was a solid surface somewhere beneath all the various atmospheres.
    The craft penetrated several layers of gas until it was completely vaporized & absorbed by the planet.

But these scientists are so INTO all of this stuff, it's cool.
    They talk about all this stuff that WILL happen, though not in our lifetimes.
    One guy was like, "We have just scratched the surface, wait until the next generations take the explorations much further."

People having sex on Mars!
    Dogs & Cats co-habitating on Saturn!
    Van Halen doing a Universal tour!

Love ya moms......
    I'm into the Heavens too. I watch all those programs on Discovery and National Geographic. Or even the History Channel.

Why did Pluto get booted from being a part of our solar system? Did all the other planets take a vote at a big pow wow and say "You're not good enough to be one of us"?

All those years of being one of the gang, down the drain!
    I think pluto was deemed a minor planet years ago as there are several moons that are bigger then pluto....i think lol