Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Irving Azoff of Live Nation Counting on VH Tour!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    The menace is loose again

Irving Azoff of Live Nation Counting on VH Tour!

Looks like Irving Azoff is banking on VH having a successful tour in 2011. Check out the USA Today Article here:

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...es-next-year/1

Sounds promising to me!
    I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight, An' I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze...

EVH diehard ...
    i agree brian .
    the ducks are seemingly being lined in a row for VH in 2011
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

No cheer******s allowed!
    These ticket bastards are so cluless.

They charge you ridiculous ticket prices, then factor in these invisible fees, then rape you for parking & merchandise...

No wonder they saw a huge decline in 2010.
    It's just pure greed & insanity.

An ancient Van Halen or Rolling Stones, long past their prime, is not worth 200.00 a ticket!

The menace is loose again
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post

They charge you ridiculous ticket prices, then factor in these invisible fees, then rape you for parking & merchandise...

An ancient Van Halen or Rolling Stones, long past their prime, is not worth 200.00 a ticket!
    Agreed on the ticket prices and merchandise prices -- it's too high. In this day and age though, with VH appealing to an older crowd, VH ticket prices are going to be pretty high as older folks tend to have more disposable income than the kids do.

On the flip side, I'm just happy to see that Azoff is counting on VH to draw big -- that tells me he has a clue that there's going to be a reason for folks to go out and see them, namely VH touring to support a new album. I hope anyway.
    I'm takin' whiskey to the party tonight, An' I'm lookin' for somebody to squeeze...

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post

Yea those guys just don't get it! You can only rip off people so much, for so long!

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by brianp88 View Post
    Agreed on the ticket prices and merchandise prices -- it's too high. In this day and age though, with VH appealing to an older crowd, VH ticket prices are going to be pretty high as older folks tend to have more disposable income than the kids do.

On the flip side, I'm just happy to see that Azoff is counting on VH to draw big -- that tells me he has a clue that there's going to be a reason for folks to go out and see them, namely VH touring to support a new album. I hope anyway.
    i agree with this whole post .we'll see next year what goes on .

but UG and Mall made some good remarks too ...
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

THEE bassist for VH
    Azoff is a scumbag imo. He's the one that pioneered $100+ tickets way back around 1994 or so when the Eagles regrouped for their tour. From that point on, they went thru the roof thanks to him gouging the shit out of 'em. All he cares about is making himself richer. That just absolutely breaks my heart that he had a bad concert year in 2010. I rarely go to concerts anymore because of guys like him raping us. They're gonna have to lower ticket prices if they want to remain in business. Fans are fed up about this. At least Rush had the decency to allow their fans into the parking lot for free one year. That was class.

The American Carnage tickets were $60 with all of the fees, which wasn't bad, but even at that price that show was half house and still half full, which either says something about how much Atlanta cares for metal, or how bad the economy really is. (Outside, they wanted $35 for Anthrax T-shirts you could buy at Hot Topic for $15.)

I can remember when the Who reunion tour of 1989 was announced, and tickets were...$25. That was considered sky high at the time, when most tickets were $19. I went along because I figured it was a special show. Then the next thing I knew EVERYBODY wanted $50!

There's no way I would pay $200 to see Van Halen, not even in the cul de sac (well, maybe).

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    The American Carnage tickets were $60 with all of the fees, which wasn't bad, but even at that price that show was half house and still half full, which either says something about how much Atlanta cares for metal, or how bad the economy really is. (Outside, they wanted $35 for Anthrax T-shirts you could buy at Hot Topic for $15.)

I can remember when the Who reunion tour of 1989 was announced, and tickets were...$25. That was considered sky high at the time, when most tickets were $19. I went along because I figured it was a special show. Then the next thing I knew EVERYBODY wanted $50!

There's no way I would pay $200 to see Van Halen, not even in the cul de sac (well, maybe).

So do those d-bags control all the major stadium tours?

THEE bassist for VH
    What's odd is that guys like Azoff and his ilk will say the higher prices are due to "production costs" etc. as a clever way to disguise charging more. When you think about it, the same bands were putting on huge shows back in the eighties before he started gouging everybody. And, for a whole lot less for the same comparable shows. Now that he's VH's manager, he's probably going to have eat some crow thankfully, as there is no way they can charge people what they did for the last outing. Not if all their gonna do is trot out the classics again. Guess he'll have to rely on Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks to fill his coffer now.