Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Bring back SUM!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bring back SUM!

Bring back SUM!

So i started this thread for a few reasons and one reason is that love him or hate him SUM has been on here for a long time and has added a lot to this page! And yea he may have rubbed some people the wrong way at times as do many of us, me included. But he never went after anyone without just cause. Actually i can think of a few people on here that have been the agresers way more then Sum. And because Sum may not have a great out look for VH, as do many of us and because he may not have the best things to say about Ed, as do many of us. You ban him? So he has an opinion of his own, is that a crime? Yea i understand a mods job is to "moderate" and that is fine. But as of late there are a few mods that are getting on a bit of a power trip and being a little to much. I'm not gonna get in to that but those effected know what i mean! If people are out of line there are ways to address the problem before you have to be threating! So any way this site is one of the best VH sites and has a lot of good debate and people on it but if things keep going the way many of us are fearing it will soon be left behind like a ghost town. Because you can't just shut down one side because you may not agree with it! I could go on and on but lets see what everyone has to say about this. I think it will make for good debate. And if this post gets deleted i will just continue this debate through PM's. And if i get banned? It will just prove my point!

So lets get this settled and go on with the good times!

EVH diehard ...

Thumbs up

you make a strong point there Mallon .
    i'm not sure what comment or post got Sum banned from here though ?
    i had one or two heated debates with him myself , but there's a definate line between a two sided argument/debate , and someone using vulgar language and personal attacks . IMO

to his credit , he was obviously very knowlegable about VH and music in general .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

i don't always agree with sum, but it was nice having him around. I miss the way this site used to be, it was always nice to have a place to come and discuss good music and stuff throughout high school, and my teenage years, but for the last few years it has slowly been going downhill. this is just another bump in the road.

that said, I don't think this thread(and other threads like it) will do anything. nice sentiments, but mods will be mods, they'll come to their own decision about the ban soon enough.

in some ways i wish they would either kill or spin off the "off topic" part of the board, and limit the site to strait VH for a while. then again doing that would really kill the site.
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

Band Manager
    I'm not a guy who read everything on this board , I can't talking like i want cause my english is very bad.For me isum2 is the soul of this forum, He always be nice with me.I don't know what he wrote.Bring back sum!
    http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=qrGlhsJPxJ8
    When I was young i played some music.Purple Haze1987

http://vhfrance.activebb.net/portal.htm
    (seul site franšais sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFrance (channel)

Cheers everyone !

Cool I looked at it from another angle

It wont matter, the ban will be lifted in a couple of weeks !
    And I take it from a tutored point of view that the ban wont be lifted earlier otherwise the whole damn thing was pointless to begin with imo !
    I figure that it was done to teach a lesson
    (so it's between Sum and the mod ) and as a tutor
    I know that one has to be consistent otherwise you loose ground !
    So the sentence was made for good or bad reasons
    but it's not like Sum is banned permanently !
    But a certain person can start finding a new target to be obsessed about cause it looks like it that Summie wont come back anyway !

Cheers everyone !

Cool

[quote=rawkinrobbievh1;248774]
    i had one or two heated debates with him myself , but there's a definate line between a two sided argument/debate , and someone using vulgar language and personal attacks . IMO
    Well I'm glad you learned something from your ban " Robs ", stick to it !

to his credit , he was obviously very knowlegable about VH and music in general .
    Yes he is & than Sum !

Finally?
    Nope, this thread will remain so you all can have a civil debate on the issue.
    I like 1sum2 as well, and he will be back...I hope.

Like Mike
    I didn't see the post either, but I doubt that it deserved a banning of one month... There have been much worse posts in the past.

Does anyone remember what happened to BadassMofo? He got banned for like 2 weeks and never came back... We don't want that happening with Sum

Quote Originally Posted by Cathedral =I= View Post
    Nope, this thread will remain so you all can have a civil debate on the issue.
    I like 1sum2 as well, and he will be back...I hope.

And thats one reason why i started this thread. So we could talk about not only why Sum was banned. But also what is going on around here and so we can figure out any problems and how to fix them. So we can all get along and have a good time here. As all ways i will not pretend to be without fault on here. But i do enjoy this site and don't really have any problems with anyone!

Finally?
    I've been on this site for almost 8 years, and I can tell you that it was once a very pleasant site to waste time on. It did not resemble the Roth Army (which is another site I loved by the way), and THAT is what stood out most to many of the original members that have long since gone.

There was a time when people knew the rules, and respected those rules.
    I don't even like saying the word "rules", because it is something that should just be plain old common sense.
    The idiot that started the downfall was a cat named Wayne L.

He was the very first person to push the envelope, and the first to be banned permanantly. since then that envelope has been incinerated.
    I have been as guilty as anyone for flying off the handle (initially with Wayne L.) so I am not without some responsibility here.
    But I do have the power, as do the other mods, to re-direct the site back to it's origins.

It won't happen without your help, folks.