Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
5 bands you HATE! - Page 14
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Git some!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I can understand not liking Death Metal, I've been there. But not calling it music? Do you know how complex it is?

I love the Chilis, don't know how anybody could hate them.
    Not a huge fan of death metal, I like a few bands, but to just dismiss them as noise? Death and Cynic probably made some of the most technical stuff back in their day.

I'll just leave this here...

amon.jpg
    Ready, Eddie!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    Why do Wolfmother get such a bad rap on this site?
    Because they are horrible and pretentious.

I can't stand that singer with his white boy 'fro & velvet pants, trying to be all hipster retro.
    Their first song was just awful, with lyrics that consisted of:
    Woman, oh woman...yeah! Woman!...Oh yeah, woman...Woman!

Dreadful stuff.

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by EVH_Erupted View Post
    I get that, but that doesn't qualify as making it better exactly. Now that I think about it, they both sound really cheesy and "dated" in a sense. The '82 sounds like a DP leftover.
    Yes. It. Does.

The early Whitesnake albums were great, way better than the later stuff. Had Ian Paice, John Lord, Neil Murray on a few albums to boot.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

My thoughts on music have changed drastically from the first time I posted in this thread. I think at this stage I'm not really capable of making a list of music that I hate. I can't really name certain artists that I dislike, but I'll attempt to compile a list...

1) Electronica music --- Now I think that synthesizers have their place in the music world. Creating instruments through a computer is a very interesting concept and I think it's a worthwhile thing. But, I feel that most electronic music is created for people who are under the influence of MDMA. I've never experimented with MDMA so I wouldn't be qualified to comment on how the music is perceived in that mindset, but I can say from a sober perception I find electronic music difficult to listen to.

2) Justin Beiber --- I dislike Justin Beiber because he's everything that is wrong with music. It seems as though he makes music for the sole purpose of gaining popularity and wealth. This is a bit of distant judgement, I honestly haven't sat down and listened to a Justin Bieber album in whole, but the songs I have heard on the radio seems very light in terms of expression. His lyrics don't seem to have much significance other than rhyming with one another in a pattern that sticks into the listeners head.

3) Some country music -- I do like some country music, but a lot of country music I have experienced just seems to be very depressing. I typically listen to music because it puts me in a happy place mentally and country seems to do the opposite of that. But, that is just my current perception of it, and as I age I may some day appreciate that style of music.

4) Drake -- I may be one of the only people on this forum that appreciates rap music, but I really don't like Drake's music. I just don't understand it, its a bit too sensitive for me. It's almost like a woman is inside a mans body. I also find his style of rap to be annoying, it's almost like he is humming the words rather than rapping them. It also seems like he uses some form of autotone because his voice sounds unnatural in his recordings.

5) Kanye West -- I think that Kanye West is a talented producer and song writer, I actually enjoy some of his music.. it's a guilty pleasure of mine. The reason why I hate him is because the image he puts out. In his music it seems like he tries to portray himself as a douche bag. And it seems as if thats the image he wants to have. He just doesn't seem like a nice person, he seems arrogant and ungrateful for what is going on in his life. Many people would love to be able to make music for a living, and he just seems to want to sit and brag about how much wealth he has. Although he does seem to be productive, something that is worth mentioning.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by 1234over View Post
    Whitesnake - The epitome of everything that was wrong with hard rock of the late eighties. Paint-by-numbers hard rock music, image, and presentation. Schlock.
    The Foo Fighters - "Alternative Middle-of-the Road". "AMOR" What Whitesnake was to the 80's metal bands, the FooFs are to "Alternative Rock".

Whitesnake, man? Really?

Exception made to that Vai record (Slip of the Tongue) they had in the late 1980's, I can dig most of the old and new stuff.
    Amazing musicians at least - Coverdale had Paice, Powell and Aldridge as drummers.

-----------------

Man, I think I'm the only one here that REALLY enjoy the Foos! I pretty much feel like an alien!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    All Death Metal bands and hip hop/rap...cant even call it music.
    Man, you can't judge the entire Death Metal musical genre by a few bands you probably listened to once or twice.

It is FOR SURE much more than meets the eye.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    Whitesnake, man? Really?

Exception made to that Vai record (Slip of the Tongue) they had in the late 1980's, I can dig most of the old and new stuff.
    Amazing musicians at least - Coverdale had Paice, Powell and Aldridge as drummers.

-----------------

Man, I think I'm the only one here that REALLY enjoy the Foos! I pretty much feel like an alien!
    I agree with you on this one Simon.
    Whitesnake were a struggling 70's band with some top notch talent.
    I can't blame Coverdale for catching the wave of what would become known as Hair Metal - and riding the crest.
    It's something other seventies metal bands such as Priest and the Scorpions did.
    Commercialize the sound a bit and advance the image to keep up with the times.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    Man, you can't judge the entire Death Metal musical genre by a few bands you probably listened to once or twice.

It is FOR SURE much more than meets the eye.
    I can't agree with you on this one however - at least until I'm shown something I never heard.
    I can get into some of the music in death metal, many of them are tighter than a midgets fist.
    It's the singer that kills it for me.
    Once the vocalist opens his mouth I'm lost.

THEE bassist for VH
    1. Bruce Springsteen
    2. Crapvana
    3. Hootie & The Blowjobs
    4. Black Eyed Peas
    5. Sex Pistols

Love ya moms......
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    1. Bruce Springsteen
    2. Crapvana
    3. Hootie & The Blowjobs
    4. Black Eyed Peas
    5. Sex Pistols
    I used to call Nirvana the Woe is me look at my poor pitiful existence mope stare at the ground band but Crapvana is much more precise.