Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Remembering the CVH Fallen - Page 15
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Yours truly, As Is
    Quote Originally Posted by rawkinrobbievh1 View Post
    I didn't know that .
    For some reason , i thought he called her and Nelah out for loving EVH , post Roth and Mike Anthoney .
    I didnt know Kimmie, but I miss chatting VH with Nelah. Her positive energy towards VH was infectious and fun.
    "My favorite position for drumming was always a cigarette in one hand and a drink in the other. And checking out the women!"-Alex Van Halen

Proud to be an ADKOT loving, Drum Thread starting CVH "bad apple" to counterpoint pompous, self centered egotism.

Duct Tape:A Drummer's best friend!

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Drummer View Post
    I didnt know Kimmie, but I miss chatting VH with Nelah. Her positive energy towards VH was infectious and fun.
    Oh man , i know !
    What a great lady ... Hope she's well .
    "There's a little bit of Van Halen in everyone ..."
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."
    "Van Halen was never about the singer ..."

No cheer******s allowed!
    I didn't know that .
    For some reason , i thought he called her and Nelah out for loving EVH , post Roth and Mike Anthoney .
    Kimmie just rolled with it, but Sum wasn't too keen on Nelah.
    Sum & Kimmie go way back (to the Links).

I always thought Kimmie looked like Ginger Lynn.

Like Mike
    I can't imagine Sum standing it at all at the Links haha. Bless him.

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    I can't imagine Sum standing it at all at the Links haha. Bless him.
    Where's he been ?
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Like Mike
    Where's he been ?
    No idea. Probably fed up with the site and can't be bothered with it anymore.

EVH diehard ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    No idea. Probably fed up with the site and can't be bothered with it anymore.
    I thought you may have heard , via email or something .
    No big deal . Just wondering .
    "Who Dares , Wins ..."

Groupie

Remembering the CVH Fallen

Yes, we haven't had a poem for a while
    Something quite nice to bring a smile
    Thank you for the rhyme and the words
    It is better than this one which I think is for the birds

Meanwhile, back to the main topic....hope you had a good bd, champ

Band Manager
    ...ummmmm...if one posts here, they can't be "fallen" any longer can they? Technicality, semantics, call it what you will.

The OP is a cool post yeah...of course everyone would have their own take on it but hey, that's human nature.

EVH Guitars didn't run me off at the time. The fact that he was causing ridiculous disruption in the thread and that unchained was blindly backing the guy was annoying but after all, it's the internet...lots of things are annoying.

I just decided that I wouldn't return at the time because the moderator at the time (wasn't it IronicA?) was buddy buddy with unchained and therefor backed unchained regardless of the circumstances. Since unchained backed EVH Guitars and IronicA backed unchained...well, it was cut and dried. Fair was not going to be fair. And I am not referring to the disagreement about guitar brands, I am talking about moderation double standards. So much time has passed now that it doesn't matter but it mattered at the time. It also mattered that unchained and I were friends - at least I thought that we were at the time and he was generally just stabbing me in the back. Like I said, a lot of time has passed so it doesn't matter now but it mattered then.

I even thought for a while that EVH Guitars was an alt that unchained made back then but never had the proof and only half of the belief. I did have proof that unchained was being friendly to me one on one but trashing me otherwise though. Another thing that I never had proof of was EVH Guitars' actual guutar knowledge as he never posted anything specific to a guitar only generalized claims and he couldn't corroborate any actual information. Unchained stated that EVH Guitars was actually a big time guitar tech as he supposedly told unchained that in PM but of course unchained wouldn't say for who and EVH Guitars never discussed anything technical about guitars here so by the preponderance of the evidence, he was nothing.

That leads to more on IronicA. Somehow he became the moderator and things were smooth for a while but after the Kramer vs Charvel thread (so much great stuff was lost in a couple of crashes or forum hijacks - some funny and some ridiculous but MUCH was lost) there was still some unrest going on and Iro accused multiple members of being the same user and when one user called Iro out on it, Iro banned the user for not openly apologizing to him. The other users were left alone because somehow 'it was a glitch' that had other users showing as the same I.P. but not the one who called out Iro, so the only way that he could save face was to ban the user. I saw it all. Every bit. With people not being treated equally and EVH Guitars basically disrupting the entire Forum & with the moderator biased and on his side...who stays at a house party when one dude is ruining it but has the support of the person who is running the party? Not me.

Some people got temporary bans and the website owner was away periodically so one time he gets online after a while away and unchained had just been put on a temporary ban. The owner just lifted the ban without looking into it. I think because he thought that unchained was a long time member and that it might have been an error so he lifted it. He decided not to put the ban back in place even after learning why it was put on. Anyway, there was a lot of chaos for a place that used to be quite fun.

1sum2 was a great guy. A lot of fun back in those times.

As for Waynerd who is also mentioned in the OP...I still have a message from him in the PMs here. It's almost like "you are bullying me, just like the rest of these people" sort of tone. Rather sad.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=lemonchiffon][COLOR=Teal][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][B][SIZE=2]The plot thickens...

Groupie

Remembering the CVH Fallen

Thats going wayyyy back Bruce .* Ron Howard got his start on that show .* We watch the old daily* Happy Days* on CH* .....heyyyyyyyy Cronzy s TV intro song was another fishing song .....remember the shore lunch * guy ?