Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Remembering the CVH Fallen
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Remembering the CVH Fallen

I've been coming here daily since October of 2003. I usually just log in and read whatever is here and don't think about who's come or gone, but this evening I was thinking about it and wanted to make a list of the characters I recall who may or may not still be around. Maybe you can think of some that have slipped between the cracks of my memory.

Cathedral =I=: I know this guy is just taking a break, but when I first became a member here he seemed like the staple of the board. I was really surprised to find out how far-right he was in the last election. Maybe his anti-Obama angst has earned him time in Guantanamo?

NE169: This guy was a founding member but disappeared about a year ago. What I liked about him was he was very into letting everyone know that you can download bootlegs for free.

Waynerd: He apparently had some mental problems and once made some comment about liking women with "sexy feet" that became his signature statement. Think he got banned early on.

Smorgdonkey: This was Unchained's original nemesis, I think. Had a Batboy avatar. He lived in Canada and I think he played Kramer guitars. Funny now I can't remember. I think he was ran off by another former member I'll get to in a minute.

Dirty Duck and Dancing Lilo: Two from Long Island. Duck was 30-something and I think his girlfriend was Lilo who was 18 and was always talking about Brittney Spears and the bitches she worked with at Dunkin Donuts or somewhere like that. Duck said he washed all of his CD's once a month and got tired of our negative attitude towards Van Halen.

BadassMOFO: Probably still lurking around. His posts usually included every smiley option available and then a signature that was five times longer than his actual post that could single-handedly destroy a CPU. I thought not all of the guy's biscuits were done but then he wrote a post on how electricity was grounded in an amp that sounded like a PhD paper. Mofo was in Canada, too. Buncha Nanooks running around in here!

Uncle Jerry: This guy claimed to be in Canada but originally from Germany, I think. Total troll who went out of his way to be a pain the ass. For some reason I once wasted a Saturday night trying to convince him that yes, Led Zeppelin opened for The Who once. They did! Got banned, signed up again under different names, finally went away.

Ironica: This guy is probably still lurking. Hello! Started off being like a rock Benny Hill, then went on some eerie jag where he thought everyone was conspiring against him, climaxing with sending Unchained detailed notes about where he worked and his route home. Now just shows up annually to complain that we suck. As long as he's not spying on me through Google maps, I don't care.

OverIn84: This was another guy from Atlanta. I enjoyed his pessimism because he signed up to say Van Halen had been dead for years and we were all wasting our time. After the Mad Arab crashed the board this guy never came back.

Mean Street: I'm sure he'll be back sometime soon, too. Guy working for a temp agency in Boulder or Denver.

Outtalove: See his name every once in a great while. Had moved from Los Angeles to San Francisco with his own body shop, but last time he was in he said he was working for someone else, I think. Played bass and was big into working out. Last seen Jan. 18th.

Guitarfreak: He was another Canadian and student of Russian history who had a scholarship offer to Harvard and it seemed like he could work Russia into any topic. Guess he's with the KGB now. Think he spent his spare time learning Paul Gilbert solos, if I remember right.

Redsun: This guy was in Pasadena. I got him started on a project to photograph places in Van Halen history around Pasadena, but I only recall him posting a couple of photographs. Maybe he's busy taking more pictures.

SiN: "Sure It's Neil." This guy was in France and was posting his original music all the time. He was another one here at the beginning who was here all the time, then totally evaporated.

EVHGuitars: This guy may be the most legendary member ever. He started some big debate about Kramer vs. Charvel guitars with Smorg, I think, that turned into 200 pages and caused all sorts of bloodshed. Frankly, I was surprised to read anyone still played Kramer and Charvel guitars! Why don't you just debate Op vs. Panama Jack, or Miami Vice vs. Remmington Steele?! How `80's can you get?!

People Who's Names I Can't Remember

The Fish Guy: There was some guy from Chicago who signed up under multiple names, all having something to do with fishing. He was ex-Air Force and ex-Marines, an Honors college student who was now driving a delivery truck. I liked him, although he gave me a bit of a Timothy McVeigh vibe. I think Unchained ran him off.

The Clash Guy: Some guy in Rochester, New York who was a huge Clash fan and often had truly intelligent things to contribute here. Disappeared! Too bad, I liked his input.

That Other Kid: He was supposedly a high school kid in Atlanta who claimed he was in a History honors' club member. I always thought he was a 35 year old, though, because he talked about Ronald Reagan and the `80's like he remembered them first hand. I tried to think of ways to trip him up and reveal who he really was but never came up with any.

Dance Baby!
    Cool post, ICM.
    Daniel (1994-2013)

Like Mike
    This stuff makes me wish that I signed up earlier...

What about Jane? She posted before my time, but if I remember correctly she was a big contributor. Cool thread BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    [CENTER]People Who's Names I Can't Remember

The Clash Guy: Some guy in Rochester, New York who was a huge Clash fan and often had truly intelligent things to contribute here. Disappeared! Too bad, I liked his input.

That Other Kid: He was supposedly a high school kid in Atlanta who claimed he was in a History honors' club member. I always thought he was a 35 year old, though, because he talked about Ronald Reagan and the `80's like he remembered them first hand. I tried to think of ways to trip him up and reveal who he really was but never came up with any.
    I think "The Clash Guy" is Teckhoff, he is a huge fan of The Clash, if I am not mistaken but he said he liked The Clash more than Van Halen.

As far as "That Other Kid", are you talking about "diamonddave"? He was younger than me!

Cool Post!

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

THEE bassist for VH
    People come and go on message boards all the time for a variety of reasons. Seen a lot people disappear with nothing new coming out of Camp Van Halen.

You got everything right but sIN is from the Netherlands, not France. Smorgdonkey was in the midst of a life change from moving from Saskatchewan to somewhere on the eastern side of Canada near Nova Scotia. That's Guitarfreak's neck of the woods. Smorg left due to the overwhelming ridiculousness of EVHGuitars nonstop Kramer bashing. He hated him severely. Don't blame him honestly.

Uncle Jerry was the biggest pain in the ass. He not only trolled here but also the Links under two aliases. He was banned here, then there a day apart from each other. He seemed like an Army reject to me. Probably got the boot over there, then came over here and the Links and took it out on us.

SamKinisonsspleen/iketurnersfist and more names from the same guy was the ex military dude from Chicago. Always going off about Big Brother watching us at every corner. Here a camera, there a camera...

Stevanroth just suddenly disappeared one day. Nobody knows why he left. There weren't any arguments taking place when he did, and he got along with everybody. Just took off one day. He did come back about two yrs. later and made one post though, only to disappear again. He'll alway be a mystery. It's quite possible that he moved his family to Australia from England as he had emailed often telling me that he was fed up with how the UK was being overran by Muslims. He didn't want his children growing up around that I remember.

Stef1984 was thinking about also moving from the UK, but to the USA. He mentioned Portland, Oregon as a possibility I recall. Mr. Barrister.

Unchained's former crush subwolley left due to being embarrassed over a piece of art that she claimed was her work when if fact, it wasn't. Jane so rightfully called her out on that as she dabbles with art. Unchained's other buddy Kaboom was also here back then. They had some good throw downs.

The Waynerd, who knows where he is now? Haven't seen that name crop up on any site or Googling in ages. Maybe he finally learned his lesson to not talk about his cousin Sandra and feet.
    Last edited by i1sum2!; January 29th, 2010 at 10:59 AM.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Can't remember a thing about the Other kid, the Clash guy or the Fish guy.

But I truly miss some friends that used to be regular posters here.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Yeah, Teckhoff, DiamondDave and IkeTurnerFist! I couldn't believe I froze on their names.

Near the end IkeTurnerFist was coming back as something like Speckled Trout and Rainbow Bass and names like that. I kinda agreed with him about Big Brother, but he seemed like he was REALLY into it and being ex-military and angry about his undermployment...Timothy McVeigh/John Allen Muhammad/John Rambo vibes.

This morning I remembered Waynerd's posting name was Wayne L., I think Waynerd was the nickname the board gave him.

I can see what keeps me coming back here now. All sorts of fractured people and interesting soap operas.

THEE bassist for VH
    Speckled Trout, that was another one I forgot for the Chicago dude. I think he kept changing his username to be stealthier than Big Brother as a guess. Dude was paranoid it seemed. Alway talking about cameras being placed everywhere and watching him. Post war trauma perhaps?

Wayne L. is of the few people to ever be banned from the Army. They really did a number on him over there. You think we were mean to him! I actually kinda miss the guy for his outrageous comments. Simply ludicrous! He loved saying that. Smorg found out another site that Wayne frequented after he was banned here, so Stevanroth and I went over there to this Beatle's site and picked on him a little more, tag teamed his ass, got him in trouble with their mods lol. I think he got banned too.

CorvetteDave is another guy who disappeared. He had his own site and it didn't survive for whatever reason. Wayne, Stevan, Jane, and myself were over there too.

THEE bassist for VH
    If6was9, that Polack, left here and has been posting at the Army ever since.

Jurak, that oldtimer, he hasn't been seen either here or at the Army in ages. Maybe he finally got busted for growing killer weed. Dude was a botanist extraordinare!
    Last edited by i1sum2!; January 29th, 2010 at 11:30 AM.