Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Brittany Murphy Dead at 32
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    Rocker Chick

Brittany Murphy Dead at 32

L.A. Coroner: Brittany Murphy Dead at 32
    Dec. 20, 2009, 2:42 PM EST
    TheWrap

Actress Brittany Murphy has died, according to the Los Angeles coroner's office.

The 32-year-old actress, who starred in "Clueless" and with Eminem in "8 Mile," was declared dead at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, according to Selena Barrows, an investigator with the coroner's office.

"We have a preliminary death report of someone with the name of Brittany Murphy," Barrows told TheWrap. The report came from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center at 11 a.m. on Sunday.

The news was first reported by TMZ.com.

TMZ said multiple sources reported that the actress had gone into cardiac arrest and could not be revived on Sunday morning.

Barrows said cardiac arrest could mean any number of things, and was not an indication of the cause of death.

The Los Angeles City Fire Department said a 911 call was made at 8 a.m. from the Los Angeles home of Murphy's husband, Simon Monjack. She was pronounced dead on arrival at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

Born in Atlanta, Murphy started acting in regional theater at age 9; by age 13, she had signed with a manager and began appearing in television commercials. Her first roles were on TV series such as "Murphy Brown" and "Parker Lewis Can't Lose," which led to her breakthrough film, 1995's "Clueless."

In 2005, she signed on as the spokesmodel for Jordache Jeans. She has been named to both FHM's 10 Sexiest Women List, and Maxim's Hot 100.

In 2006, she released the single "Faster Kill Pussycat," which became a club hit on Billboard's Hot Dance Club Play chart. She also covered Queen's "Somebody to Love" and Earth, Wind & Fire's "Boogie Wonderland" for the film "Happy Feet."

She married screenwriter Monjack in 2007; before that, she was engaged to talent manager Jeff Kwatinetz, and production assistant Joe Macaluso. In late 2002, she dated Ashton Kutcher, with who she co-starred int he film "Just Married."

~DLD
    "The world's a stage, and I want the brightest spot. "
    -David Lee Roth

It's sad when someone passes away so young...32 is not that old. I really enjoyed her performance in 8 Mile, though I wasn't a huge fan of her other work...My condolences to her family and friends.

Love ya moms......
    Thats horrible.....way too young to go. Prayers go out to her family,friends etc.

No cheer******s allowed!
    So sad, man...

I liked her in "Clueless" and "Girl interrupted."
    32 is way too young to go.

Some alluded to her hanging with the wrong crowd, as of late.
    I wonder if drugs triggered the cardiac arrest.
    It's hard to say, but either way, it's a shame.

Like Mike
    I just read about this on "msn today". Far out, I thought that it was some sick joke, but sadly it's not..
    It's really sad when someone young like that dies.

LA County Coroner's office is saying it appears she died of natural causes...Sudden and unexplained like that makes it hard to get your head around...I feel badly for her husband.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Unhappy R I P

Rest in Peace, Brittany.

Bender is pretty sad as she lend her voice for the Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs movie last year.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

TPS Reports
    Thats a shame. I liked her a lot. RIP
    Go RAMS!