Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Happy Thanksgiving
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    TPS Reports

Happy Thanksgiving

What are your plans for Thanksgiving?

This year we are having 'Thanksgiving' on Friday, instead of Thursday. Which is good and bad. Its good because I'll get to watch all the football games. Its bad because I won't get to watch football on Friday, so I'll have to deal with my family without the welcome distraction of football. Ughh.

Have a good one everybody.
    Go RAMS!

No cheer******s allowed!
    Heading homeward bound to Newburyport, for dinner with the fam.

All the nieces & nephews will be there, plus the littlest addition, who's 16 months now.
    My parents are getting pretty old now, and i think i really need to appreciate these times we have together.
    It's amazing how fast life goes by...

THEE bassist for VH
    Going down to Texas to hang with Uncle Ted. Shoot some varmints and grill 'em up!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Metal Up Your A$$!

Smile ...

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. It’s just me and Al — a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and we’re good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. He’s no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, I’ll probably go with him.” GC

BEFORE YOU EAT YOUR BIRD, JUST REMEMBER THE TRUTH ABOUT THANKSGIVING!! AND THE LIE THAT IT IS!!

In 1621 the myth of thanksgiving was born. The colonists invited Massasoit, chief of the Wampanoags, to their first feast as a follow up to their recent land deal. Massasoit in turn invited 90 of his men, much to the chagrin of the colonists. Two years later the English invited a number of tribes to a feast “symbolizing eternal friendship.” The English offered food and drink, and two hundred Indians dropped dead from unknown poison.

The first day of thanksgiving took place in 1637 amidst the war against the Pequots. 700 men, women, and children of the Pequot tribe were gathered for their annual green corn dance on what is now Groton, Connecticut. Dutch and English mercenaries surrounded the camp and proceeded to shoot, stab, butcher and burn alive all 700 people. The next day the Massachusetts Bay Colony held a feast in celebration and the governor declared “a day of thanksgiving.”

In the ensuing madness of the Indian extermination, natives were scalped, burned, mutilated and sold into slavery, and a feast was held in celebration every time a successful massacre took place. The killing frenzy got so bad that even the Churches of Manhattan announced a day of “thanksgiving” to celebrate victory over the “heathen savages,” and many celebrated by kicking the severed heads of Pequot people through the streets like soccer balls.
    The proclamation of 1676 announced the first national day of thanksgiving with the onset of the Wampanoag war, the very people who helped the original colonists survive on their arrival.

Love ya moms......
    I am going to enjoy the 3 Fs.....FAMILY,FOOD,and FOOTBALL.
    Peace

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallonmusic View Post
    BEFORE YOU EAT YOUR BIRD, JUST REMEMBER THE TRUTH ABOUT THANKSGIVING!! AND THE LIE THAT IT IS!!

In 1621 the myth of thanksgiving was born. The colonists invited Massasoit, chief of the Wampanoags, to their first feast as a follow up to their recent land deal. Massasoit in turn invited 90 of his men, much to the chagrin of the colonists. Two years later the English invited a number of tribes to a feast “symbolizing eternal friendship.” The English offered food and drink, and two hundred Indians dropped dead from unknown poison.

The first day of thanksgiving took place in 1637 amidst the war against the Pequots. 700 men, women, and children of the Pequot tribe were gathered for their annual green corn dance on what is now Groton, Connecticut. Dutch and English mercenaries surrounded the camp and proceeded to shoot, stab, butcher and burn alive all 700 people. The next day the Massachusetts Bay Colony held a feast in celebration and the governor declared “a day of thanksgiving.”

In the ensuing madness of the Indian extermination, natives were scalped, burned, mutilated and sold into slavery, and a feast was held in celebration every time a successful massacre took place. The killing frenzy got so bad that even the Churches of Manhattan announced a day of “thanksgiving” to celebrate victory over the “heathen savages,” and many celebrated by kicking the severed heads of Pequot people through the streets like soccer balls.
    The proclamation of 1676 announced the first national day of thanksgiving with the onset of the Wampanoag war, the very people who helped the original colonists survive on their arrival.
    And you guys celebrate that?!

Quote Originally Posted by vhfanjack View Post
    And you guys celebrate that?!

Well Jack? That is what realy happend! But we here in the states keep spreading the lie that we met up with the indians and had a huge feast and became close friends. But that is a lie! From day one we raped and killed and well? Over took the Indians! And to this day we still keep them down! Yea we discovered the usa? NO they were here first And thanksgiving is such a bunch of shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallonmusic View Post
    Well Jack? That is what realy happend! But we here in the states keep spreading the lie that we met up with the indians and had a huge feast and became close friends. But that is a lie! From day one we raped and killed and well? Over took the Indians! And to this day we still keep them down! Yea we discovered the usa? NO they were here first And thanksgiving is such a bunch of shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's heavy

Chief Fluffer Inspector
    Happy Thanksgiving to all my CVH family... I love the 3 F's... GO Giants!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KTC5150; November 26th, 2009 at 05:26 AM.
    THE WORLD AWAITS... RELEASE THE KRACKEN!!!