Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Led Zeppelin - Reunion 2007
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    Band Manager

Smile Led Zeppelin - Reunion 2007

What did you think of the reunion in 2007 LED ZEPPELIN? They found good? Bad?

Van Halen Blog 2.0 (New Blog):
    http://van-halen5150-br.blogspot.com/

Van Halen Blog 1.0:

Band Manager

Smile

Van Halen Blog 1.0:

Band Manager
    They did as good as they could without John Bonham. Jason probably played the best he has ever played in his life...Robert did the best he could with his voice in the condition that it is in-The instruments were tuned lower on "Stairway..." to give him a break.Jimmy really worked extremely hard.He does not generally rehearse or practice playing the guitar,but he worked to get this show right for a change,and the performance reflected thius effort-even with his injury. Jonesy never really lost his chops-his roadwork with Diamanda Galas and his solo tours and the fact that he quit smoking and is a vegetarian kept him razor sharp.Jonesy is probably the only one in the group that you could say is a better musician now than he was in Led Zeppelin's heyday. The fact is that the band respected Ahmet Ertegun so much and were very respectful to their own legacy,which meant that they really gave their absolute best effort on the 02 show. At the very least,you could say it was hands down their best reunion show-although Live-Aid and the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary were terrible by anyone's standards.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I still love watching the ARMS concert from '81 or '82, where Jimmy Page is just a wreck!

He can barely play, yet, he still steals the show from Jeff Beck & Clapton.
    I love his squint & drug-addled grin, throughout.

I remember watching it on HBO, back in the early eighties.
    My favorite moments were Jimmy Page & Beck doing, "The Pump."

It was freaking great. It was the best "Kashmir" ever, and Jason really stepped up to the plate.

John Paul was always the best musician of the band by far. It might sound crazy to say, but he was really too good for this band (although what other band could he join that would sell 111 million records in the U.S. alone?). On the late `70's boots I have he always does an incredibly looooong piano solo, and when Jimmy tries to join in at the end, it's too clear he can't keep up with Jones at all.

Great show by what in my opinion is the greatest band.

No cheer******s allowed!
    JPJ is a brilliant musician, but Page is a genius!

Band Manager

Smile

I agree with you all.

John Paul Jones is brilliant. John Paul Jones was the member who has worked more on the keyboard, classical piano and bass on the songs of Led Zeppelin.

Jimmy Page is genius.

Van Halen Blog 1.0:

Band Manager
    The band were absolutely the best at what they did individually-then they got together and blew everything into a million pieces.

No cheer******s allowed!
    No one writes with the grace & mystique of Jimmy Page.

Even the Firm had some awesome moments, notably "Satisfaction Guaranteed."
    Jimmy was undeniably clever & musical.
    No one can play those Zep riffs like him, though they try.

Like Mike
    They did a good job, but it it obviously wasn't (and couldn't have been) as good as it would have been in their heyday.
    It really annoyed me that the whole tour rumours dragged on for so long, only to have Percy pull the plus on everything because he's got a thing for Alison....
    I loved the fact that they played "For Your Life" though, I LOVE that track!! Jimmy was really into it and trying his best, Jason did a great job, Jonesy was fanstastic as always, but Rob kinda brought it down a level... He hasn't been the same for a while
    I hope for a dvd realese soon, but Jimmy said that a dvd realese was neevr intended.....