Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Van Halen 2010 Tour....news leak - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Rocker Chick
    Sum, why you felt the need to threadcrap is beyond me. I was just posting some new news, take it or leave it.
    ~DLD
    Last edited by Dave's Little Dreamer; September 10th, 2009 at 12:04 PM.
    "The world's a stage, and I want the brightest spot. "
    -David Lee Roth

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Little Dreamer View Post
    Sum, why you felt the need to threadcrap is beyond me. I was just posting some new news, take it or leave it.
    ~DLD
    I appreciated the positive news, DLD!
    Thank you for posting it here.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Sum, why you felt the need to threadcrap is beyond me. I was just posting some new news, take it or leave it. ~DLD
    Like I said before, thanks for sharing these news, DLD.

If possible, keep us updated with some extra stuff from the Van Halens.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

THEE bassist for VH
    ~DLD
    Awww! Boo hoo! It's always the same people around endlessly pining for any little morsel from a dysfunctional band. You people really take the cake in my eyes with your foolishness. It works both ways. Keep on dreaming though if it makes ya happy. There's also a story going around that this "supposed" new tour announcement is not true. But hey, I shouldn't say that here on this particular message board because it will only upset those four or five of you who think VH does no wrong. Whoops!

All I'll say about the source of said info is that he's very closely associated with the RHCP's and numerous music industry related types. He IS credible. So far, everything he's said has been true leading up to the past two years in regards to both VH and Chickenfoot. Should also go on to say that Ed has promised to deliver some music to an upcoming movie sequel due out in either late 2009 or early 2010 too. Gee, I wonder when he'll fit time in for an album?

Love ya moms......
    I was hoping for a new album before a new tour......but given their track record,we will just have to wait and see.
    And ya cant blame people for being skeptical.
    If you wanna predict the future all you have to do is study the past....

Rocker Chick
    "It's always the same people around endlessly pining for any little morsel from a dysfunctional band. You people really take the cake in my eyes with your foolishness. It works both ways. Keep on dreaming though if it makes ya happy."

Sum, if you are saying this about me you are mistaken. Go ahead and check my posts, I'm not the pining type nor do I consider myself a fool. Oh, and nice play on my username.

Skepticism? Yes, I'd say everyone has at least a little bit, I know I do. Like I stated before I was posting new news, it just gets tiresome having Sum rant and crap on threads.

~DLD
    "The world's a stage, and I want the brightest spot. "
    -David Lee Roth

Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    Awww! Boo hoo! It's always the same people around endlessly pining for any little morsel from a dysfunctional band. You people really take the cake in my eyes with your foolishness. It works both ways. Keep on dreaming though if it makes ya happy. There's also a story going around that this "supposed" new tour announcement is not true. But hey, I shouldn't say that here on this particular message board because it will only upset those four or five of you who think VH does no wrong. Whoops!

All I'll say about the source of said info is that he's very closely associated with the RHCP's and numerous music industry related types. He IS credible. So far, everything he's said has been true leading up to the past two years in regards to both VH and Chickenfoot. Should also go on to say that Ed has promised to deliver some music to an upcoming movie sequel due out in either late 2009 or early 2010 too. Gee, I wonder when he'll fit time in for an album?
    SUM!!! What the hell is your problem??? If you find VH so dysfunctional now, and you loathe them so much, why do you bother to frequent this board??? What is it that makes you feel you have the right to attack and correct anyone who feels positive about them?? Because you don't. You really really don't.

And your constant quoting of "industry insiders" and "sources close to the source" and "anonymous posters" is just ridiculous....seriously. If you have something useful to say, and real information to back it up with, by all means post it. Otherwise, shut the duck up.

Last edited by ravennaloveseddie; September 10th, 2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: added photo
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....

Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    If they tour again, you can bet that they'll once again trot out the classics for another cash grab. Once was bad enough without Mike, but to take advantage twice? C'mon, only a fool would pony up now. Without offering or touring on new music, you're just going to be gypped. Ed keeps talking about working on new material, but think back as to how long it takes him to do so. The amount of time between albums usually means years in Ed speak. Having anything new in 2010 seems a million miles away for him. Check this out:

Ok now on to the Mighty Van Halen. Here is the deal. What I think some people do not realize is that DLR (as much as we whole heartedly want to believe is back) is NOT a member of Van Halen. The only difference between DLR and Michael Anthony is that DLR is being paid a whole lot more, many times over what Mike was and will ever be paid. With that said, there has been somewhat of a slow progression with Van Halen recording new tunes because it seems DLR wants to do a balls out Van Halen rock record with Brendan OBrien producing while EVH is still in the mindset where he feels Van Halen should look to make music that shows growth and have more food for thought. That is why EVH is really only referring to him Al and Wolfgang when he speaks about practicing and touring. He never really mentions Dave as a for sure thing. From what I have witnessed and what I have been told, its pretty clear that DLR is looking to put Van Halen back on track to its traditional music form but EVH is the one holding the cards and ultimately what he says goes. Also dont be surprised if we soon start hearing rumors that a new Van Halen album will consist of all-star singers as EVH has recently been rumored to have been expressing this idea to close friends within the music industry.

anonymous insider

If Dave wants to put out an old school VH album, i'd say he is the smart one in the group! Yea as one who plays in bands and writes music for them, i can see Eds point about moving forward bla bla bla! But on the other hand at this point in the game who cares! No one wants to hear nothing but Dave and Ed, put out some CVH style tunes! I mean didnt the sonic thud of VH3 prove anything to Ed? My advice to Ed is SHUT UP AND ROCK! AND DO IT WHILE WE STILL CARE ABOUT YOU!

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation ...

Man, I can only speak for myself, but sure as hell I'll care about The Mighty One and Edward Van Halen!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Quote Originally Posted by Mallonmusic View Post
    If Dave wants to put out an old school VH album, i'd say he is the smart one in the group! Yea as one who plays in bands and writes music for them, i can see Eds point about moving forward bla bla bla! But on the other hand at this point in the game who cares! No one wants to hear nothing but Dave and Ed, put out some CVH style tunes! I mean didnt the sonic thud of VH3 prove anything to Ed? My advice to Ed is SHUT UP AND ROCK! AND DO IT WHILE WE STILL CARE ABOUT YOU!
    Well I agree and disagree - I would love to hear it if Edward's gone in a new direction, cos it could be really cool. At the same time, like you I would love to hear some good old fashioned kick*ss VH style tunes....I'd love for the new album to be a mix of both. That'd be sick....
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....