Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Star guitar update!!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64
  1. #1
    Doug from Oz
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hawthorn, Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    850

    Star guitar update!!

    Threre's swearing on this clip, and of course we mention Dino, as we've used quite a few of his pics as a guide.

    You'll get a pretty in depth idea as to how Vic approached the graphics for this thing.


  2. #2
    Looks amazing Doug! Keep the video's coming!


    "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

  3. #3
    Doug from Oz
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hawthorn, Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J. MASSEY View Post
    Looks amazing Doug! Keep the video's coming!
    Yessir!!! Rock!!

  4. #4
    Starving Guitarguy
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,734
    I want my name in a video!
    shoppin for a guitar Doug?
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

    www.ronscustomguitars.com

  5. #5
    Doug from Oz
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hawthorn, Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron4406 View Post
    I want my name in a video!
    shoppin for a guitar Doug?
    To be honest, I have no idea as to how I'm gonna pay for this star, so noooooooo, not looking to buy any guitars.

  6. #6
    Yabba Dabba Doo!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,864
    Nice job guys!
    Looks awesome.

    What did you guys decide to do for the backside?
    I had a helluva time trying to find pics of the backside of the original.
    I've only seen 3 other replicas (other than yours) and they all did something different.

    If I ever do find any pics of the back of the original, I will be making another replica.
    Last edited by Dino; August 16th, 2009 at 03:11 PM.

  7. #7
    Doug from Oz
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hawthorn, Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Nice job guys!
    Looks awesome.

    What did you guys decide to do for the backside?
    I had a helluva time trying to find pics of the backside of the original.
    I've only seen 3 other replicas (other than yours) and they all did something different.

    If I ever do find any pics of the back of the original, I will be making another replica.
    Ha ha!!

    There's some pics on the back of this clip here, I put tic tac toe near the neck, we just did random ca ca. I think by that stage we were over it and wanted to get it done fairly quickly. We figured no one would see it, so we rushed.


  8. #8
    Yabba Dabba Doo!
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,864
    Quote Originally Posted by dougsteele View Post
    Ha ha!!

    There's some pics on the back of this clip here, I put tic tac toe near the neck, we just did random ca ca. I think by that stage we were over it and wanted to get it done fairly quickly. We figured no one would see it, so we rushed.

    I know what you mean about fatigue ...
    On my first Star paintjob attempt, I did all the masking in one night and by the time I got to the backside, I was really burned out on it.

    On my second attempt, I did the masking over a period of 2 or 3 days.
    It was VERY time consuming, but spreading the work out over a couple days really helped.

    You guys did a great job Doug.
    It's definately a guitar to be proud of.

  9. #9
    Doug from Oz
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hawthorn, Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    850
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    I know what you mean about fatigue ...
    On my first Star paintjob attempt, I did all the masking in one night and by the time I got to the backside, I was really burned out on it.

    On my second attempt, I did the masking over a period of 2 or 3 days.
    It was VERY time consuming, but spreading the work out over a couple days really helped.

    You guys did a great job Doug.
    It's definately a guitar to be proud of.
    Thanks dude, you've set the benchmark very high. Without your pics, we probably wouldn't have done it at all.

    Now, where the hell did you get the Dano neck?

  10. #10
    Heres a pic that I found of the back of what I think is the Star guitar.


    "The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What's in Your cd Player
    By Mean_Street in forum House of Music
    Replies: 3836
    Last Post: March 21st, 2019, 02:24 PM
  2. What is the earliest pic of EVH with the Star Guitar?
    By Simon Ribeiro in forum The Guitar Shop
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: October 19th, 2009, 12:06 PM
  3. Speaking of Ed's Star guitar ...
    By Dino in forum The Guitar Shop
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: August 17th, 2009, 12:56 PM
  4. History of Electric Guitars
    By EVH_Erupted in forum The Guitar Shop
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 28th, 2007, 12:22 PM
  5. New Interview With Ed's Guitar Tech
    By ryanpday in forum The Guitar Shop
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 1st, 2004, 03:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •