Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
new tracks by my band...
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Git some!

new tracks by my band...

myspace.com/avalonsteel

Two demo tracks up, it's recorded with a camera so you can't hear some stuff very well.

So far it's only 2 songs, The Mechanix and Am I Evil. I want to redo Mechanix next practice, I don't like the tempo.

And we did an original today, but we didn't get to finish it. It'll be done by friday hopefully.

Positive feedback would be nice...

Thanks!

Ni!
    Ready, Eddie!

I Love 'Em..I Need 'Em...
    Sounds great for you youngins!! I applaud you tackling such difficult material!! Is there a Bass player in there somewhere??? Keep at it and rip it up EE!!!

"I want a run for my money thats all"

Git some!
    Nope, we lost our bass player. It's just geetar, vox, and battery.
    Ready, Eddie!

Well, I'm not going to lie to you - you guys need work - but I hear vast improvement from the videos you posted awhile ago...specifically your rhythm issues are clearing up....these two songs, while not perfect, were so much more together than what I heard before. And that is some pretty difficult material you chose there...Good work - keep it up!

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Double E - send me these stuff via email, bro!

Can't wait to listen to you guys!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

No cheer******s allowed!
    Ahhhhhhhhh, the drummer is drivin' me crazy!

He's gotta hunker down & realize the key to all drummers is to keep time.
    If you continue to practice in this manner, and the pulse is shot (the beat), you will just end up getting really good at playing out of time.
    It's truly throwing everything off.

He can get better, he just needs to focus less on flash & more on the basics.
    I'd advise he go back & dig into old Stones stuff, check out Charlie Watts.
    Also, a huge factor in improving, would be to dig into the entire AC/DC catalogue & Phil Rudd.

Remember...
    Dave Mustaine & Slayer started out with AC/DC records.
    Mustaine has always talked about that fact.
    Before you can pull off a "Mechanix", you gotta be able to pull off a "Go Down" or "Rock 'n Roll Damnation."

I cannot stress this enough!

You guys are great kids, with great potential, you just gotta think "groove."

It's true, the drummer is wrecking this. I mean, it would sound better if he didn't play at all. It takes him until about six minutes in to begin syncing up!

However, don't be discouraged. It's really tough to be 16 and in the suburbs with limited musical contacts, trying to find your way. As you get older you'll be able to get around town more and really see what's going on and maybe fall in with a wider circle of people to play with.

This does remind me, however, how incredibly exciting it is to get together in somebody's basement and turn a boom box on and make your best effort, and then the anticipation of playing that tape back to see if it sounded as good as you thought. There is no higher high.

I still say Nick's improved over the last efforts you posted - alot. This is that potential that ICM talked about...it's there, it just needs practice. Do you guys own a metronome? It might help reign in some of Nick's natural enthusiasm...*grin*

Unchained's suggestion isn't bad. Work on something a bit less complicated (a little AC/DC never hurt anyone ) it'll help with the harder stuff.

Get the less complex pieces down to the point where they're almost second nature to you - like a muscle memory, you know them so well you almost don't have to think about it - then you'll have a solid foundation on which to build your skills for the harder stuff.

Like Mike
    Drummer is terrible. Sorry, but man, he's allover the place...

Your playing is pretty good though, but the weird timing witht he "Am I Evil" riff, was that on purpose, to spice it up or?

Metal Up Your A$$!

Smile ...

Double E, got the email with the covers. You'll get my comments as a reply.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC