Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Heaven & Hell: Album Title & Release Date Announced!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation Heaven & Hell: Album Title & Release Date Announced!

All props to One Shot at Glory for sharing the info. Thanks!

According to Billboard.com, HEAVEN AND HELL — the band featuring BLACK SABBATH members Tony Iommi (guitar), Ronnie James Dio (vocals), Geezer Butler (bass) and Vinny Appice (drums) — has set "The Devil You Know" as the title of its debut album, due on April 28 via Rhino. Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Bible Black", "Rock & Roll Angel", "Breaking Into Heaven", "Atom & Evil" and "Eating the Cannibals". The LP was recorded at Rockfield Studios in Wales, U.K. where the 1992 SABBATH album "Dehumanizer" was also tracked.

"Each of us submitted a CD of our ideas, and we narrowed it down from there," Iommi told Classic Rock. "In some ways it was like picking up where we'd left off with 'Dehumanizer'."

In a recent interview with Revolver magazine, Ronnie James Dio described the material on the HEAVEN AND HELL album as "a real cross-section of everything we've done, from 'Heaven and Hell' through 'Mob Rules' and 'Dehumanizer'. I think there's a lot of 'Dehumanizer' in it, but a lot of other things, too, a real good blend of what this band has represented."

Three years ago, Dio, Iommi, Butler and Appice reunited to record a trio of new songs for Rhino's "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years" before launching a highly anticipated and greatly acclaimed world tour under their new moniker HEAVEN AND HELL. Revitalized by the reunion, the lineup returned to the studio to record the first-ever full-length studio album from HEAVEN AND HELL. To whet the fans' appetites for the new album, HEAVEN AND HELL hit the road last summer for a short stint on the Metal Masters Tour, a month-long North American trek with JUDAS PRIEST, MOTÖRHEAD, and TESTAMENT.

Regarding the band's decision to continue to operate as HEAVEN AND HELL rather than BLACK SABBATH, Iommi told Billboard.com last year, "It really is BLACK SABBATH, whatever we do. We just choose to go out as HEAVEN AND HELL so everyone knows what they're getting [and] so people won't expect to hear 'Iron Man' and all those songs. We've done them for so many years, it's nice to do just all the stuff with did with Ronnie again."

BLACK SABBATH's "The Rules Of Hell" box set — which features all three of SABBATH's Dio-era studio releases ("Heaven And Hell", "Mob Rules", "Dehumanizer") and its double live collection ("Live Evil"), each remastered for the first time — sold around 2,650 copies in the United States in its first week of release back in July 2008, according to Nielsen SoundScan."The Rules Of Hell" comes packaged in a deluxe slipcase with extensive liner notes featuring all new interviews with the band.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. It’s just me and Al — a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and we’re good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. He’s no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, I’ll probably go with him.” GC

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation ...

Man, I can't wait to see this happening!

This and the possible =VH= 4.0 new record.

Oh, and the new Megadeth one, too.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. It’s just me and Al — a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and we’re good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. He’s no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, I’ll probably go with him.” GC

I Love 'Em..I Need 'Em...
    I saw that "Dehumanizer" tour when Danzig opened for them. They were very good that night. I remember RJD slapping hands with people in the front row, then getting pulled off stage into a sea of people. LOL!!! He got pullled like a ragdoll headfirst. Great music and entertainment for one low price!!

"I want a run for my money thats all"

Permanent vacation
    Awesome news. H&H were top-notch when I saw them in '07. Dio still sounded great after all these years, and Iommi / Butler were spotless.

Some of these titles though - 'Eating the Cannibals'?

Looking forward to this one. And yes, Unchained - even more so than Chickenfoot.

Van Who?
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don’t care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

Git some!
    Fuck yes!!

Dio= God!!
    (literally)
    Ready, Eddie!

aka George Vader
    Saw the band back in November 07 and they rocked

I Love 'Em..I Need 'Em...
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
    Some of these titles though - 'Eating the Cannibals'?

It's not Dio's fault......he's slayed a thousand dragons and all the wizards, sorcerers, and Kings have died off, so it's going to be hard to come up with song titles these days

"I want a run for my money thats all"

No cheer******s allowed!
    All due respect, Tony is about 65 years old & Dio close to 70.

How hard can these guys possibly rock?
    At this point, with them, it's more like a reflex.

Look at the song titles, fer chrissakes...

Who, honestly, could get excited over this?

Permanent vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars View Post
    All due respect, Tony is about 65 years old & Dio close to 70.

How hard can these guys possibly rock?
    Go see them in concert and find out for yourself. They'll probably be touring before VH at the rate things are going!

You obviously haven't listened to Fused, the three bonus tracks from 'The Dio Years', the DEP Sessions, or Iommi's self-titled album.

Each and every one of them rock hard, and bury anything that Ed Van Halen's recorded since 1981.

I actually prefer Iommi's recent work with Glenn Hughes to the 3 new tracks with Dio, but seeing as they've managed to slap together a new studio album in such a short time, I'm not complaining.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don’t care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

No cheer******s allowed!
    It cracks me up, how you guys dismiss the possibility of hearing new VH music, yet froth at the mouth over something like 'Heaven & Hell.'

Christ, it's 2009, not 1980!
    One of the songs is actually titled "eating the cannibals!"

Are we this desperate to crawl back to the womb of the early 80's?

There's no doubt Iommi & Dio are giants, Legends, what have you...
    But c'mon, if your gonna mock the idea of Ed getting the band back together at 53, how can you pop a boner at a 70 year old RJD revisiting his whole Dungeons & Dragons schtick?