Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Van Halen 4.0 record on its way?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Checking in

Van Halen 4.0 record on its way?

Big thanks to vaijuju and Ace Ventura over at the Links. The link is pretty limited, but they do tell us that Dave is in NYC recording vocals over stuff that the brothers Van Halen sent him. Not sure how reliable, but news is news with ==VH==. Whaddaya think?

http://www.wbcn.com/topic/play_windo...udioId=3022894

EDIT: Corrected link. Thanks for the heads up, rav
    Last edited by diamonddave; October 31st, 2008 at 09:18 PM.

Linky no worky....

edit: for some reason, it worked from vai's post in the other thread......go figure
    (Post #86 in A Sign About Van Halen IV)

this could be totally cool...i'm keeping my fingers crossed it isn't just a load of hooey...
    Last edited by ravennaloveseddie; November 1st, 2008 at 12:04 AM.

Here's exactly what the man said, word-for-word.

Here's the news, it's half-assed it's all rumours. No comformation from anyone official, but, Van Halen is working on a new album. Apparently, David Lee Roth is spending time in the studio in New York laying down vocals for music tracks that are being sent there by, Alex and Eddie. Yeah. New Van Halen. You heard it here first.

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

Bop bada, shoobe doo wah
    wow....well if it's true that would kick ass.

THEE bassist for VH
    So, I guess they'll have to bring in a professional bass player to make the album? Or, will it be Ed doing all of it again lol?

Rumors people, this is Van Halen we are talking about here. Datz ridiculous Lucy! Never trust a radio source for anything.

Buddhist Monk
    If the rumors are true, is nobody else concerned by the fact that Dave is working on the lyrics/vocals 2500 miles away from Ed and Al, who are sending Dave the music?

Sounds more like how they recorded Me Wise Magic and Can't Get This Stuff No More, which were hardly stellar output.

These guys need to be working on the lyrics and music in the same room. They need to push each other like they used to to get the creative juices flowing.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion" - from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Band Manager
    Dave lives in San Marino these days-it's a lot closer to 5150 and it's less likely he'll get arrested for scoring a dimer in some park...
    "December 16th, the Dude abides..."

Buddhist Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Outtalove View Post
    Dave lives in San Marino these days-it's a lot closer to 5150 and it's less likely he'll get arrested for scoring a dimer in some park...
    Yes, I know, but the rumor was that Dave was in New York recording the lyrics.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion" - from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

THEE bassist for VH
    Dave has two residences that I know of, and they are in NYC (for the last ten yrs.) and the mojo dojo in Pasadena. Never knew about him residing in San Marino. That's news to me. Add that to the rumor mill I guess. Dave is said to be at the NYC home the most and only frequents the Cali address during the summer months.

If (and that's a mighty big if) they are sending stuff back and forth across country (which I don't see with them) then this is just them throwing stuff up at the wall and seeing what sticks. I hardly believe this rumor, given the state of Ed's engagement to Janie and the upcoming marriage. His head is nowhere near making music except with her. Plus, radio sources are the last people I would trust regarding this.

I agree with teckoff when he says that they need to work closer together if they ever want to get anything done. 2,000+ miles difference is not the right way or the way this band has done things in the past.

Even if they do record something in the distant future, I don't expect it to rival anything they might have previously done. Ed's skills aren't what they used to be and, while Dave has made tremendous strides towards improving his vocals, he still doesn't have the range or power to them now. Plus, they'll need to bring in an experienced bass player to handle those duties if they ever want anything decent.

who can they get? I wonder......

of course, there will have to be a full apology first from you know who.
    Last edited by i1sum2!; November 1st, 2008 at 11:45 AM.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I still say that playing Bass for Van Halen, or any rock band for that matter (unless your in Yes), does not require extreme skill.

To do what Eddie does (or used to do) does require that skill, but the Bass parts are not that complex.

With this in mind, i think Wolfie is more than ready to tackle recording with VH in a studio enviornment, seeing as he completed his trial by fire which was a massive US tour.

That certainly has to count for something, possibly the equivelent of getting your master's degree in rock 'n roll.

No doubt, the kid proved he can hold his own, no matter whom we prefer in the band.

As for Dave working away from the brothers...

Gee whiz, it's no secret both parties are not exactly crazy about one another.
    I certainly wouldn't expect them to be working side by side, in this age of pro-tools & technology, in general.
    Let's be realistic here.