Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hughes/Thrall (1982)
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
    Band Manager

Hughes/Thrall (1982)

I managed to get a copy of this CD a few weeks ago and a good number of these songs found their way into my iPod. I must say that I like it. It is just plain enjoyable. Makes me think that the early '80's was pretty interesting musically. I was just a little kid at the time. But I have heard Glenn on Deep Purple's "Burn", "Stormbringer", "Made in Europe" and some tracks off of "Come Taste the Band". As well as having Iommi's "Fused", songs from Gary Moore's "Run for Cover" that feature him and some downloads from "Seventh Star". The guy has got a voice. I can't entirely explain what the quality is to his voice, but I like it. Not to mention the songs on this baby, "I Got Your Number", "Beg, Borrow or Steal, "Muscle and Blood", and "Who Will You Run To" among others. Just a great album all around. I hear that Glenn and Pat Thrall are working together again.
    Hey Hey Mama said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove

Love ya moms......
    I always liked the stuff Thrall did when he was with Travers as well.....good stuff!

Starving Guitarguy
    Hmmmm....
    Worth checkin out.
    Great tip.
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Permanent vacation
    Always liked Pat Thrall. Nice sound. Was a good fit in Meatloaf's touring band.
    "I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. My affections, being concentrated over a few people, are not spread all over Hell in a vile attempt to placate sulky, worthless shits."

~ William S. Burroughs

No cheer******s allowed!
    The Hughes/Thrall record is one of my all time favorites.
    That record is just loaded with all the elements, from great vocals to insane guitar playing.
    It's an interesting approach for Thrall, as he relied on the synth guitar sounds that were just coming out at the time.

To hear more great Pat Thrall, check out Pat Travers' live 'Go for what you know' CD.
    Travers has such a cool, chorusy sound & Thrall trades some great solos all over that album.

Go for what you know is essential listening, btw!