Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Sammy Hagar: Why I really left Van Halen
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Dance Baby!

Sammy Hagar: Why I really left Van Halen

Sammy is promotion mode.....

Sammy Hagar already left Van Halen once in the mid-'90s, but as he said to MusicRadar, he was convinced to come back for a 2004 "Van Hagar" reunion tour. It was a sell-out success, but things went sour quickly, and as Hagar reveals, "I think it's because somebody got to Eddie. Somebody poisoned him."
    As Hagar told MusicRadar, "It got to the point where I was the leader of that band. Eddie was a humble, meek guy. Greatest guitar player in the world, but not a leader. I would write the lyrics, and Eddie was happy to just play guitar and play piano. But he woke up one morninig and he decided he wanted his band back. Like I was taking over and I was just the bad guy."
    Hagar chalks the problem up to Van Halen's then-new manager (whom he declines to name), who replaced longtime manager Ed Lefler. "From that moment on, everything changed," said Hagar. "If I said to Eddie, 'Let's do this at two o'clock,' Eddie'd go, 'No, no, I wanna do it at noon!' Then Alex would say, 'Noon...two o'clock,' and Eddie would go, 'Okay, one then!' If I said, 'I want the album cover black,' he'd go, 'No, no, no, I want it white!' I'd be like, 'Fine, white then,' and he'd go, 'No, no, no, it's gotta be black!'"
    In Hagar's view, Eddie's rampant drug use played another part in the downfall of the "Van Hagar" lineup. "There was always substance abuse in that band. Everybody drank and did this and did that. We had a pretty good time. I probably less then most. Al went completely sober. Eddie was the only guy who was really out there. [The new manager] came in and he got to Eddie, because he was vulnerable."

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...n-halen-174926
    Daniel (1994-2013)

*** EDWARD!!! ***
    Well this topic is sure to let the skeletons out of the closet!

I believe this topic was archived at the news desk but I could never find it again.

I really used to like Sammy Hagar before / during Van Halen but I think all the fame and fortune may have gone to his head. I think there was a lot more to the story... in many instances, Sammy was a no-show to rehearsals and was writing lyrics about topics that he was specifically asked not to by producers for soundtrack to the movie 'Twister'.

He makes reference to the bands new manger getting to Eddie but, as the story goes, according to Eddie, He quoted that when he got sober, he really started seeing what was happening and this is when he started changing the way =VH= was run. He told Sammy that it was a team effort, " not the Sammy Hagar Show or the Eddie Van Halen Show or the Michael Anthony Show Alex Van Halen... " Show... He was told to show up to rehearsal on a certain date at a certain time, rather than send lyrics by fax from Hawiaii, or Don't bother coming back to band practice ever again... Sammy was A.W.O.L. and chose not to go to rehearsal so he in fact quit being a member of the band.

I think that the management change and Eddie getting sober was the best thing that ever happened to =VH=... now Eddie is back on the right track and we got Diamond Dave back in the band ...where he belongs.
    Edward is KING!
    He can do
    NO DVD!
    NO BOX SET!

NO WRONG!

http://www.evhgear.com/

aD*A*M*M*society
    This message is hidden because isum12? is on your ignore list.
    *Powered by BBL 2.0
    *1965-2009 *** MOFO *** Innovations ltd. P.A.F.

TPS Reports
    I tend to believe Sam over Ed. Sam has no reason to lie. He's older, wiser, and probably richer than Ed thanks to his tequila business. I think he's telling the truth.
    Go RAMS!

Roadie
    As much as I love Ed, I'm gonna have to say i beleive Sammy...
    It makes complete sense. Besides, there's been so many conflicts in that band,
    and it's not like Sammy was there for all of them...

Where have all the good times gone?

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation ...

Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic View Post
    Sammy is promotion mode.....

Sammy Hagar already left Van Halen once in the mid-'90s, but as he said to MusicRadar, he was convinced to come back for a 2004 "Van Hagar" reunion tour. It was a sell-out success, but things went sour quickly, and as Hagar reveals, "I think it's because somebody got to Eddie. Somebody poisoned him."
    As Hagar told MusicRadar, "It got to the point where I was the leader of that band. Eddie was a humble, meek guy. Greatest guitar player in the world, but not a leader. I would write the lyrics, and Eddie was happy to just play guitar and play piano. But he woke up one morninig and he decided he wanted his band back. Like I was taking over and I was just the bad guy."
    Hagar chalks the problem up to Van Halen's then-new manager (whom he declines to name), who replaced longtime manager Ed Lefler. "From that moment on, everything changed," said Hagar. "If I said to Eddie, 'Let's do this at two o'clock,' Eddie'd go, 'No, no, I wanna do it at noon!' Then Alex would say, 'Noon...two o'clock,' and Eddie would go, 'Okay, one then!' If I said, 'I want the album cover black,' he'd go, 'No, no, no, I want it white!' I'd be like, 'Fine, white then,' and he'd go, 'No, no, no, it's gotta be black!'"
    In Hagar's view, Eddie's rampant drug use played another part in the downfall of the "Van Hagar" lineup. "There was always substance abuse in that band. Everybody drank and did this and did that. We had a pretty good time. I probably less then most. Al went completely sober. Eddie was the only guy who was really out there. [The new manager] came in and he got to Eddie, because he was vulnerable."

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guita...n-halen-174926
    Thanks for the info, Punk.

F**k Hagar! Even if he's telling the truth, F**k Hagar!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

*** EDWARD!!! ***

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by JONEZY View Post
    I tend to believe Sam over Ed. Sam has no reason to lie. He's older, wiser, and probably richer than Ed thanks to his tequila business. I think he's telling the truth.
    I think the opposite, JONEZY. It doesn't matter if Sam is richer or Eddie is; The fact of the matter is Ed is the brilliant one He writes the melodies that nobody else on this planet can/could or ever will. Sammy's just another lyin', knivein' leechin' user on a big ego trip. Ed, on the other hand is very low profile and humble ...typical of many other great ones.
    Ed had no reason to lie, he's to down to earth. He was never on an ego trip. He just plays his guitar and writes great music!

Sammy used =VH= to help get him to where he now is because he could have never gotten there on his own without Edward's great melodies. Sammy just road on=VH='s coat tails... then left =VH= high and dry.

I used to like Hagar a lot, I still like him somewhat and give him credit when he deserves it, but I have nowhere near the same amount of respect for him as I used to.
    Edward on the other hand, I have the utmost respect for. He was never on an ego trip and he never did anybody wrong. He never had a reason to lie and he never will.
    Edward is KING!
    He can do
    NO DVD!
    NO BOX SET!

NO WRONG!

http://www.evhgear.com/

aD*A*M*M*society
    This message is hidden because isum12? is on your ignore list.