Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Election 2008 - The Official Thread - Page 15
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Buddhist Monk
    The Dow is in the crapper again today! Down over 600 points.

It's no secret from my previous posts that I am supporting Obama, but I am disappointed that both he and McCain have only criticized the lenders for the recent economic failure.

Sure, they play a part, but what about the people who took out mortgages they knew they couldn't afford? What about the people who consistently live above their means by paying only the minimum on the credit cards? They are equally to blame for this shit.

Too many Americans feel they deserve to live a certain way regardless if they have the means. Buy now pay, pay later is their motto. Unfortunately, "later" is now and we are all paying price.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion" - from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

THEE bassist for VH

Talking

Checking in
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
    You really liked Reagan? I guess you mean what you remember of him from when you were in elementary school, since if you're 16 as you say, he died when you were about 10. Also when you say he was in bad shape by `87, that must be based on what your dad tells you, hmm?
    Well, actually I ended up winning first place in a testing competition for the entire state of GA for US History. My school made me take it, and lo and behold, I won.

Other then that, not much

Quote Originally Posted by BadassMOFO View Post
    Here we go with more name-calling again. You sound just like a familiar asshole here that we all know.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
    ED WANTS YOU!

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
    Whining about name calling, then name calling?!? Brilliant!!!

Instead of focusing on the name calling, why don't you focus on the message?? Numerous people have pointed out that you add nothing to certain threads. Like I stated, you should stick to your strengths. And before you go on about how you were being funny and I need to get a sense of humor, I assure you my sense of humor is fine. You're just not funny. At least not to anyone who graduated from high school.

Finally?
    Quote Originally Posted by ravennaloveseddie View Post
    That's the way it looks from the inside too, DolGun. The only reason, or should I say the main reason Palin was picked is because she's a woman, and she's attractive and she's bait to lure in the swing vote of younger female voters. The GOP will deny that, but then I should ask them..."who else did you consider?"... my guess is it will be a very short list, none of them with any more real experience than Paln.
    One guy that was on the top of that list and definately a better choice for the ticket was Joe Lieberman.
    McCain and Joe both said as much, but then the "spin" came out and McCain claimed that Palin was the better pick.
    She was as far as energizing the core Republicans. But if he had gone with Lieberman he wouldn't be trailing in the polls and set to lose the election right now.
    Sarah definately is NOT the better choice because on the core issues that truly matter, she's pretty damned ignorant. Of course she can learn, but that deep of a learning curve doesn't sit well with me given two things, she's up for VP, and McCain is 72 friggin' years old.

That said, Obama's radical background and the people he knew coming up in Chicago make him a serious liability in my opinion.
    His, "They were just the people in my neighborhood" shit doesn't cut it with me. his record, which he lies about doesn't sit well with me. Bottom line is that his associations throughout his career make me suspect he isn't what the people think he is.

I dunno, I hate the choices but I'll stick with the Devil I know as opposed to the one I have no clue about.

Mr Mod Extraordinare
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikester View Post
    ``````````````````Heavy Sigh`````````````````

I'm voting Libertarian as I have in the past when I feel I'm being forced to pick the lesser of 2 evils, which I refuse to do!!! I've had it with these IDIOT candidates we are forced to choose between. Now.... if Kucinich or Paul are still on the ballot when I cast my vote, I may reconsider. These are the 2 worst candidates EVER on any electoral ballot IMO.
    Amen bro--I'm writing in Ron Paul, with Obama's predecessor, as VP (Peter Fitzgerald)--he has done more to reform & change politics than Obama will ever do!
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

siN / DDLR Moderator

Mr Mod Extraordinare
    Unfortunately, here's the problem America faces in a nutshell, and why America will eventually go the way of the Roman Empire.

http://opendebates.org/theissue/

The Issue

The Presidential debates -- the single most important electoral event in the process of selecting a President -- should provide voters with an opportunity to see the popular candidates discussing important issues in an unscripted manner. But the Presidential debates fail to do so, because the major party candidates secretly control them. Presidential debates were run by the civic-minded and non-partisan League of Women Voters until 1988, when the national Republican and Democratic parties seized control of the debates by establishing the bi-partisan, corporate-sponsored Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD). Posing as a nonpartisan institution committed to voter education, the CPD has continually and deceptively run the debates in the interest of the national Republican and Democratic parties, not the American people.

Every four years, negotiators for the Republican and Democratic nominees secretly draft debate contracts called Memoranda of Understanding that dictate precisely how the debates will be structured; co-chaired by the former heads of the Republican and Democratic parties, the CPD obediently implements the contracts, shielding the major party candidates from public criticism.

Such deceptive major party control severely harms our democracy. Candidates that voters want to see are often excluded; issues the American people want to hear about are often ignored; the debates have been turned into a series of glorified bipartisan news conferences, in which the candidates exchange memorized soundbites; and debate viewership has generally dropped, with twenty-five million fewer people watching the 2000 presidential debates than watching the 1992 presidential debates. Walter Cronkite called CPD-sponsored presidential debates an “unconscionable fraud.”

Open Debates has helped establish a truly nonpartisan Citizens' Debate Commission comprised of national civic leaders to sponsor presidential debates that are rigorous, fair, and inclusive of important issues and popular candidates. The higher values of democracy and voter education will be restored to the presidential debates by the Citizens' Debate Commission.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!

siN / DDLR Moderator

Mr Mod Extraordinare

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by NE169 View Post
    Walter Cronkite called CPD-sponsored presidential debates an “unconscionable fraud."
    So is Walter's support for a one world government.

Cronkite is a phony.
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!

siN / DDLR Moderator

Finally?
    I'm pissed at John McCain.
    The last debate left me wondering if he even wants to be President.
    He hasn't taken off the gloves and actually started to fight Obama yet, and then he does a post-debate interview saying he's comfortable being behind in the polls?

WTF?

Man, Obama has a very shady past with all of his associations, and those "people in the neighborhood" that he surrounded himself with early in his career make me question his judgement...and I personally think they are BIG issues that need vetted if he's gonna become the next President.

It's scary because I believe that all of the people that are supporting him are blinded by their party affiliation...I fear they don't know this guy as well as they should, and they want to just throw him into the White House.

And why? Because of hatred for George W. Bush, that's what it looks like to me.

Oh well, it's gonna be interesting if we have to witness the Anti-Christ being sworn in next January.

No cheer******s allowed!
    While i wouldn't refer to him as the Antichrist (that's Mr. Manson, btw. LOL.), i am not completely impressed by Barack.

I thought both parties looked out of touch in the last debate.
    While i certainly don't want Mccain, i think Obama is sort of floating on auto-pilot, now that the prediction could be somewhat of a landslide victory for him.

Maybe that's a smart strategy.

I don't know, their whole position on the gazillion dollar bailout for the wall street bigwigs, left a bad taste in my mouth.

As NE169 says, meet the new boss...same as the old boss.

But maybe...