Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Election 2008 - The Official Thread
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast
    Finally?

Election 2008 - The Official Thread

McCain/Palin 2008, yeah baby!

I'm charged, i'm pumped, ready to go to da boof, baby...

*** EDWARD!!! ***

Thumbs up *** Edward For Pres. !!! ***

X EDWARD VAN HALEN 2008
    Last edited by BadassMOFO; September 22nd, 2008 at 10:49 PM.
    Edward is KING!
    He can do
    NO DVD!
    NO BOX SET!

NO WRONG!

http://www.evhgear.com/

aD*A*M*M*society
    This message is hidden because isum12? is on your ignore list.
    *Powered by BBL 2.0
    *1965-2009 *** MOFO *** Innovations ltd. P.A.F.

You know, at first I was in favor of McCain, but now, after the recent stock market crash, I'm thinking more along the lines of Obama. I trust him alot more since he picked Joe Biden as his running mate.

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

Checking in
    The quote in your sig line says it all, Cat.

Leaving this thread for good in 5...4...3...2...1, aaaand gone.

Finally?
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J. MASSEY View Post
    You know, at first I was in favor of McCain, but now, after the recent stock market crash, I'm thinking more along the lines of Obama. I trust him alot more since he picked Joe Biden as his running mate.

Yeah, tax hikes that result in everyone paying more for everything is the way to go.
    What do you think is going to happen to the stock market when those tax hikes cause a huge sell off?
    First of all, a ton of small businesses will close causing unemployment to rise.
    Is that good for the economy? No, it's major bad for our fragile economy.

Bush has put us in a very bad situation, but the Democrat's tax and spend policies won't benefit anyone but big government that will only get bigger.
    In fact, Obama's plans won't do a damn thing to solve the crisis, it will just throw gasoline on the fire.

And let's not forget that this stock market crash isn't just the result of Republican policies, both sides are running things and the blame game encompasses all who sit in their lush leather back chairs in Washington.

One thing I'd like people to keep in mind is that McCain isn't Bush, and McCain's Administration would actually be for the people, which is what government is supposed to be about.

THEE bassist for VH
    Finally, a moderator that gets it!

TPS Reports
    I'm still undecided.
    Go RAMS!

Finally?
    I'm selling all of my International Paper stock after hearing that Goldman Sachs has transformed into a bank. It's been a securities firm since I've been doing business with them, now, they are a bank holdings company and I have serious issues with that.
    Their plan is to raise capital to buy stressed institutions they find "attractive".
    It's not their money their using to buy this shit, it's mine, and anyone else who has investments with them.

Screw that, I'm cashing my shit in before they lose it all for me.

P.S. This bailout isn't going to fix a damn thing either. Funny thing is Henry Paulson claims people bought mortgages they couldn't afford...Um, excuse me, but aren't loan officers paid to avoid that from happening?

People are supposed to "qualify" for the loans and they apparently didn't.
    The responsibility falls on the lender NOT to approve bad loans.

Yep, I'm done with the market as of NOW.

But if anyone thinks a vote for Obama is going make a change for the better? You had better hold on to your bank accounts because he's gonna see to it that living costs you a hell of a lot more than it does now.

Anyone considering him as a viable option better remember one thing, the demon you know is a much better gamble than the one you don't.
    His intentions are noble, but the reality will be far different scenario than the one he's selling.

The solution to our problems isn't to raise taxes on people no matter what their income is. the solution is to cut wasteful government spending FIRST.

oh boy, taxes...

I think the current tax cut idea of bush and co are stupid. why cut taxes for the rich(aside from that they bankrolled your election)? I don't understand why one would not help the poor, who have a harder time paying taxes anyway, lower their taxes, and raise taxes a little on the middle class(not a lot just a bit) and a lot for the rich, they can afford it. graduated taxes are what i'd favor.

then again this is politics, so they'll never bite the hand the feeds them...
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

i agree with you on the government spending part cat, we do need to streamline it
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa