Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
VH 1 Vinyl Re-Release
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THEE bassist for VH

VH 1 Vinyl Re-Release

Van Halen's debut will now be available in a much higher quality vinyl album. It will be 180g instead of the older, cheaper produced 25g versions that we all probably still have or once did have. For a better explanation:

The sound quality and durability of vinyl records is highly dependent on the quality of the vinyl. During the early 1970s, as a cost-cutting move towards use of lightweight, flexible vinyl pressings, much of the industry adopted a technique of reducing the thickness and quality of vinyl used in mass-market manufacturing, marketed by RCA Victor as the "Dynaflex" (125 g/m2) process, considered inferior by most record collectors.[25] Most vinyl records are pressed on recycled vinyl.

New "virgin" or "heavy" (180�220 g/m2) vinyl is commonly used for modern "audiophile" vinyl releases in all genres. Many collectors prefer to have 180 g/m2 vinyl albums, and they have been reported to have a better sound than normal vinyl. These albums tend to withstand the deformation caused by normal play better than regular vinyl[citation needed]. 180 g/m2 vinyl is more expensive to produce and requires higher-quality manufacturing processes than regular vinyl.

----------------------------

You can pre-order this now, and it will be availabe on October 21st, 2008

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/83397

you gotta be fucking kidding me.
    I mean this is great, but why would you charge 25$ for it?!?
    i get that most audiophiles probably have the spare coin for this, and i'm not saying i couldn't afford this, but seriously i don't think its going to be the orders of magnitude better that it would need to be for me to shell out the coin for that. Until then I'll just be hitting up the Used record store by my house, i think VH1 is the only one i don't have...
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

Dance Baby!
    Wow, now if we could get Van Halen to actually put together a NEW album and freaking release it. I don't want to hear about shit in the vault, ten years worth of material and another re-release.

Enough already!
    Daniel (1994-2013)

Interesting. I don't think I'll be shelling out the $$ for this given I have my original vinyl pressing of VH, and it plays just fine. Now if they put out NEW material on this fancy schmancy vinyl, well then yeah, I'd buy it.

TPS Reports
    Anybody still have a record player? I do but its got dust on it.
    Go RAMS!

Roadie
    thats so awesome! too bad i've already spent a fine amount of money on rebuying vinyls my dad was dumbe enough to give away or lose.
    if only it had come out before.
    =(

besides, i don't even have a record player yet.
    ahahah.

Quote Originally Posted by JONEZY View Post
    Anybody still have a record player? I do but its got dust on it.
    Yes I do, actually. I got a turntable that attaches to my largelysome boombox type stereo several years ago. Works great - made by a company called TEAC. I missed that "scritch...hssss" noise you get with vinyl....

Git some!
    I have one in perfect condition, I just need to replace the tip.

Actually $25 ain't that bad, new vinyl is around 20 bucks...so yeah, sure it costs more than a CD and doesn't last as long, but the quality is awesome.
    Ready, Eddie!

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by spanishfly View Post
    you gotta be fucking kidding me.
    I mean this is great, but why would you charge 25$ for it?!?
    Actually Fly, I'd have to say that $25 is dirt cheap for a 180g made vinyl album. FYI, it's being made by the Music Direct company, VH nor Warner Bros have anything to do with this, that I know of. They (Music Direct) are basically audiophiles who want a better product as I understand it. Also, I know a person at the Links who has a few high quality pressings, he says they usually start at around $250 and up, so $25 ain't too shabby if you ask me. However, before I get this, I'll have to hunt down the witch who stole my killer turntable. She took it when we broke up, the bitch.

Have you ever seen that tv show called "How it's made"? You wouldn't believe how much goes into making an album.

and good luck on getting a new album! Suckas!
    Last edited by i1sum2!; September 11th, 2008 at 04:07 PM.

yea, i stil think ill stick with my 2-7$ used ones.
    i really dont think it makes that much of a difference.
    plus if you've been listening to CVH the way its meant to be played(really loud) for the past 30 years(wow thats long) you really shouldn't be able to hear the difference, your hearing should be just about shot... rofl
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa