Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Diver Down,Mistake or Misunderstood? - Page 3
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    Okay, you take the best song off of VD III and compare that to anything off of the six pack. Get back with us when you've had yer coffee!

Hey i don't want people to start thinking i like anything about the hole VH3 era hell my friend offered me a free ticket when they played philly in 98 and i made fun of for going! Its just that diver down is a snore fest! I could just picture them in the studio playing while looking at the clock and thinking about being on the beach and thinking are we done yet?,,,,,,ok good i'm going home!

Dance Baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by jane View Post
    LMAO Hahahaha
    Daniel (1994-2013)

TPS Reports
    Quote Originally Posted by zozo5150 View Post
    I think Diver Down was a result of Warner Bros. rushing Van Halen to get a record out. I'd prefer less covers on one album, but I guess some Van Halen is better than no Van Halen.
    True! It was rushed, hence the covers. Ed had "Jump" in the can but the band/Ted Templeman said 'not yet'. And W.Brothers was always pushing for another album. VH put out 6 platinum albums in 6 years( 1984 was released on Dec.31, 1983). Maybe it was the deal they signed in 76/77, but Warner Brothers was always pushing for another album.

I like the album. I can understand why Ed doesn't think its his best work. He knew he had more to offer but the powers that be/time constraints....etc.. got in the way. JMO.
    Go RAMS!

Misunderstood I guess,this was a huge record at the time so I don't see where mistake or misunderstood comes into play.
    I love the covers,always great to hear different takes on whatever tune.Especially when it's Van Halenized!
    We've been blessed with some great covers from Van Halen.I wouldn't trade them for nothing.Truthfully,I'd love another one.
    The whole record is spectacular! Including Big Bad Bill....great tune.
    Happy Trails? What a classic way to end a record or show! It's little things like these that make a band classic,or adds to it's mystique.Leave it up to VH to think of it.

Record sales at the time don't mean its a classic. Just remember a like mc hammer sold like 15 million world wide of his big hit pile of crap record, and that album by no way was a classic!

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallonmusic View Post
    Its just that diver down is a snore fest! I could just picture them in the studio playing while looking at the clock and thinking about being on the beach and thinking are we done yet?,,,,,,ok good i'm going home!
    Funnily enough, you could say the EXACT SAME THING about VD III! I've never been able to get past at least two songs on that one. Extremely boring record. Uninspired, in every way. That's considered Ed's solo record, in case you didn't know. Your guitar hero, taking a nap at the helm.

#1 Edward Clone Guitarist
    Inside 5150 collecting beer cans. Jamming out at 5150
    Diver Down rocks.Its got summertime at the beach written all over it.Hang em high with that awesome solo attack,Full Bug with that killer groove going on with Alex and Mike goin on while Ed is soloing,Little guitars,what a great tune,Intruder fucking kicks ass at high ear blistering sound levels.Happy Trails,excellent way to end the album,no doubt.The missed harmonic in Where Have All The Good Times Gone.It was meant to be to leave that in the recording,it makes the tune more raw.Its Daves album,just like Fair Warning is a guitar players album
    ARE YOU READY TO GET DOWN?! I GIVE YOU, THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN!
    "Its very simply the best guitar you can buy today"Anonymous circa 1983

Resident Moron
    Personally, I think that DD is good for its own reasons. It's catchy, people will buy it. It has the nickname "Hide Your Sheep" because no risks were really taken.

I blame Dave. It was more his record. FW was Eddie's.
    I'm different. y'hear?

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by KRAMERBOY View Post
    Diver Down rocks.Its got summertime at the beach written all over it.Hang em high with that awesome solo attack,Full Bug with that killer groove going on with Alex and Mike goin on while Ed is soloing,Little guitars,what a great tune,Intruder fucking kicks ass at high ear blistering sound levels.Happy Trails,excellent way to end the album,no doubt.The missed harmonic in Where Have All The Good Times Gone.It was meant to be to leave that in the recording,it makes the tune more raw.Its Daves album,just like Fair Warning is a guitar players album
    Listen up kids! Here's a man "In The Know"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2! View Post
    Okay, you take the best song off of VD III and compare that to anything off of the six pack. Get back with us when you've had yer coffee!
    ok....here's my humble opinion...I'd rather listen to/watch this first one:

than this second one:

probably because I'm so "sensitive" - a badge I wear proudly, right next to my heart, on my sleeve...
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....