Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Diver Down,Mistake or Misunderstood? - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. MASSEY View Post
    Happy Trails is the musical equivalent to smoking crack...don't listen to it.

I think alot of Edwards guitar work on DD gets over-looked. Hang 'em High is pretty damn hard to play.

Do you like Dancing In The Streets?
    HP kicks, man!

And Dancing in the Street smokes. I finally changed my mind on that track; it was the only CVH track that I used to listen and never pay the right attention, exception made to that outstanding guitar solo.

And for the record, Welcome to CVH.com Liveevil!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

THEE bassist for VH
    You young dudes obviously missed the point of Happy Trails. It was just a simple ditty added to the record as a way of saying to us fans "See ya down the road". And they always closed out their shows that tour by singing this to the audience. Like "Thanks for coming to our show, see you soon" type of deal.

As far as the covers, that was mostly Ted Templeman's idea, being under the gun from Warner Bros, and little time to produce a record of originals, the idea was to do some covers. Because if you take a previously successful song, you were halfway home, so to speak. You guys also don't understand that the nature of the music business back then was to record and tour for said material as fast as possible. Strike while the iron was still hot mentality.

I have always liked this album, and feel that it gets way too much flak for no good reason. All the cover songs were "Van Halenized" and have stood the test of time easily. I'll gladly take this album over any Van Hagar shit! This records says "Here comes summer and let's roll down the windows and crank it"!

Git some!
    I like Happy Trails, I think it's pretty funny.

DD is misunderstoof, IMO. Not necesarily a mistake, since the band didn't really want to do it. They just finished a tour and wanted a break.
    Ready, Eddie!

Checking in
    Diver Down is some of the best (and worst) of CVH. On one hand, HEH and TFB are two of the best songs of the CVH catalog, hands down, not to mention a handful of other classics. On the other hand, not so stellar offerings (cough, Dancin in the Streets, cough).

It's not the worst, in my opinion, but lots of wasted potential on that album.

All i gotta say is except for little guitars, full bug, and hang em high. That albums sucks and it sucks bad!! I think if it wasn't for those three songs i would put VH3 over it!

THEE bassist for VH

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Mallonmusic View Post
    All i gotta say is except for little guitars, full bug, and hang em high. That albums sucks and it sucks bad!! I think if it wasn't for those three songs i would put VH3 over it!
    What? Your out of yer fucking mind dude!

Ya know i feal kinda like a jerk off for saying it, But at least on VH3 it sounded like they were at least trying! Don't get me wrong that album sucks to but theres about 5 % of it thats ok.

THEE bassist for VH

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Mallonmusic View Post
    Ya know i feal kinda like a jerk off for saying it, But at least on VH3 it sounded like they were at least trying! Don't get me wrong that album sucks to but theres about 5 % of it thats ok.
    Okay, you take the best song off of VD III and compare that to anything off of the six pack. Get back with us when you've had yer coffee!

Dance Baby!
    Diver Down, Mistake or Misunderstood? Man, that sounds like Jerry Springer show.

Jerry Springer - "So Ms. Down's are you telling us that Billy Bob isn't the father of Lil Diver?"

Debbie Down - "Well, Mr. Springer, first off Billy Bob likes his barn yard animals. Second, he's JUST my uncle!

JS - "Then who's the daddy, Ms. Downs?"

DD - "Some foreigner named David Roth! God forbid you offer him a peanut!"
    Daniel (1994-2013)

Cheers everyone !
    Quote Originally Posted by punkatomic View Post
    Diver Down, Mistake or Misunderstood? Man, that sounds like Jerry Springer show.

Jerry Springer - "So Ms. Down's are you telling us that Billy Bob isn't the father of Lil Diver?"

Debbie Down - "Well, Mr. Springer, first off Billy Bob likes his barn yard animals. Second, he's JUST my uncle!

JS - "Then who's the daddy, Ms. Downs?"

DD - "Some foreigner named David Roth! God forbid you offer him a peanut!"
    LMAO Hahahaha