Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Diver Down,Mistake or Misunderstood?
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.

Hybrid View

Diver Down,Mistake or Misunderstood?

I like some of this album.The Full Bug,Oh Pretty Woman,Hang em High are the my highlights.What are your thoughts?
    Aw Mom,You know I'm not like other Guys.I'm nervous and my socks are too loose.

Mistake or Misunderstood? A little of both.

Sure songs like Hang 'em High, Little Guitars, Full Bug, and Secrets, are staples on that record, but I just don't like all those cover tunes. EVH is too good of a songwriter/composer to put all those damn cover tunes on one album.
    I blame it all on Warner Bros.

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

Agreed,and what was the deal with Big Bad Bill is Sweet William Now?Jan Van Halen on the clarinet was a nice thing thing to do with their dad.But I would have trashed the track on the cutting room floor.

Quote Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
    Agreed,and what was the deal with Big Bad Bill is Sweet William Now?Jan Van Halen on the clarinet was a nice thing thing to do with their dad.But I would have trashed the track on the cutting room floor.
    I actually like that track. You can clearly hear who EVH got his style from. I'm not sure if you play guitar, but if you play that same riff and the same solo on guitar with some good distortion it sound pretty kick ass.

How do you feel about 'Good Times'?

That was good.Great opening to the album.Happy Trails...your thoughts?I got tired of it.just a little too goofy.They covered Roy Rogers.

That was good.Great opening to the album.Happy Trails...your thoughts?I got tired of it.just a little too goofy.They covered Roy Rogers.
    Happy Trails is the musical equivalent to smoking crack...don't listen to it.

I think alot of Edwards guitar work on DD gets over-looked. Hang 'em High is pretty damn hard to play.

Do you like Dancing In The Streets?

Band Technician
    I like some of this album.The Full Bug,Oh Pretty Woman,Hang em High are the my highlights.What are your thoughts?
    It was never the VH album I listened to the most(in fact it's the album I never used to put on...sort of) but when I listen to it nowadays I don't exactly dislike any of the songs tbh.

I actually rather enjoy the diversity when listening to the whole album.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DolGun View Post
    It was never the VH album I listened to the most(in fact it's the album I never used to put on...sort of) but when I listen to it nowadays I don't exactly dislike any of the songs tbh.

I actually rather enjoy the diversity when listening to the whole album.
    The musical diversity - that's the beauty of Diver Down, no doubt about it.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC