Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Diver Down,Mistake or Misunderstood? - Page 5
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Yea if ya close your eyes and pretend its not VH its allmost ok

And as far as Hagar goes it ain't great but they had some energy in the early 5150 days. Not a huge fan but "summer nights" always takes me back

Quote Originally Posted by Mallonmusic View Post
    Record sales at the time don't mean its a classic. Just remember a like mc hammer sold like 15 million world wide of his big hit pile of crap record, and that album by no way was a classic!
    Oh yeah,it's classic,just like the other five.
    At the time it was received quite nicely and not misunderstood.Halen fans were happy.I know I was.

Most records in the "pop" genre (like Hammer's) are pulling big numbers cuz of one song.The rest is usually very weak.

Git some!
    Can't touch this!
    Ready, Eddie!

I love the stuff they did with Sammy,But VHIII was a mistake.
    Aw Mom,You know I'm not like other Guys.I'm nervous and my socks are too loose.

Band Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
    I like some of this album.The Full Bug,Oh Pretty Woman,Hang em High are the my highlights.What are your thoughts?
    It was never the VH album I listened to the most(in fact it's the album I never used to put on...sort of) but when I listen to it nowadays I don't exactly dislike any of the songs tbh.

I actually rather enjoy the diversity when listening to the whole album.

Git some!
    I love the stuff they did with Sammy,But VHIII was a mistake.
    do I really need to say anything here?

We should probably make it a rule.
    Ready, Eddie!

I Love 'Em..I Need 'Em...
    DD was a rushed record IMO and it showed with the stupid covers and shitty production (MIX). It did have it's bright spots as VH cannot be denied. I just hated the MIX on this record. Secrets is my fave....just a great solo with the oozing brown flava.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DolGun View Post
    It was never the VH album I listened to the most(in fact it's the album I never used to put on...sort of) but when I listen to it nowadays I don't exactly dislike any of the songs tbh.

I actually rather enjoy the diversity when listening to the whole album.
    The musical diversity - that's the beauty of Diver Down, no doubt about it.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

I love the stuff they did with Sammy, But VHIII was a mistake.
    VH 3, in terms of guitar playing, is 10 times better than anything released from Van Hagar. Of course, that's my humble opinion, Evil.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Roadie
    I have to say, I like any Van Hagar album over VHIII, that aint saying much because even though I like FUCK and Balance...5150 bores me to tears.

Anyway, I think Diver Down is a great album, and if no one has figured out by now its my favorite of the 6 pack! I remember getting it in 7th or 8th grade one Friday after school and I listened to it non stop all weekend long basically. Then I took it with me in my CD player on the bus and listened to it going to school The cover songs I thought were all done well, saying as how I hate all the original versions....the Original VH songs are great, I cant realy pick a favorite out of them, and the insturmentals/Happy Trails are all pretty fun to listen to as well....I never understood the hate for Diver Down, even if it was rushed or forced, its still a great album!