Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Van Halen Artwork
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.

View Poll Results: Best or Personal Favourite 'Cover Art'

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • VHI

7 25.93%
  • VHII

5 18.52%
  • WACF

4 14.81%
  • Fair Warning

7 25.93%
  • Diver Down

1 3.70%

3 11.11%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    David Lee Roth Bodyguard

Van Halen Artwork

LP sleeves, Tour logo's, T-shirts, Merchandise etc etc.

If you have a story, an opinion, a little know fact, a question or an example of VH artwork, well, I'd love to read about it or see it.

I'm sure some of you have quite a collection. Please share.

I also threw up a Poll for Best Cover.

Keep it CLASSIC!

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

I like each and every front cover art from the Mighty One. But both FW and W&CF arts are the best, IMHO. And that wonderful VH II logo... . Oh, man!

I own this Portuguese Metal magazine and there is a nice interview with Nuno Bittencourt. Nuno says he just love the W&CF art for both front and cover stuff. "That picture on the back of W&CF record is the most badass picture of an Heavy Rock band that I've ever seen in my life" Nuno states there. I agree with him!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation ...

Colorful shot from the inner sleeve of Van Halen. IMHO, the best debut record in Rock History.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

An Eleven Warrior
    I like them all for different reasons, but the picture on the back of DD with the band jumping around with all those people. That one is cooler than crap. After Dave left the covers really sucked. When F.U.C.K. came out, I was so disappointed, because there was nothing to look at while the record was playing, then the record disappointed me too.

Side note: Iro, I'm glad to see ya back me boy. You are like a man on a mission these days. Starting a new thread a day

Peace,
    Doc

Git some!
    I chose VH I, WACF would have been my second choice.

All are really good though.
    Ready, Eddie!

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation ...

Hey, Doc. This picture is really goddamn nice!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ---

It was a hard choice between VH I, VH II, and FW..I went with Fair Warning because the artwork on it is cool. 5150 was up there too..JK

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

It is said that Warner Bros. thought of another front cover art for Van Halen. Something quite similar to The Clash's London Calling. For some strange reason people inside the record company thought Van Halen was a Punk Rock band that decided to Rock'n'Roll at the 11th hour.
    ---

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    I voted for VHII... its just so simple.

Is it a coincidence that the highest selling of the classic-era LP's, VHI, VHII and 1984 all had wings on the cover? (yes - 1984 has Angel wings!) Something subconscious happening there, maybe.

A thread a day keeps the Doc in a good way!

An Eleven Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro View Post
    Hey, Doc. This picture is really goddamn nice!
    Thanks Simon, I just made it my desktops background. That shot makes me want to be there, like I'm missing something. My wife says it is a chromosome.