Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hey there and hello there! - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rockergirl69
    The first time that I got to see Dave in person was at one of Motley Crue's first concerts...Vince Neil was hot BUT Dave was hotter...
    I bet he was!! There's something to his combination of goofy yet dangerous that's always been appealing--I think maybe it was that he took himself only as serious as he needed to in order to sell the show, if that makes sense?? Like he knew he was just a dork from Indiana underneath all that gorgeous charisma, and he knew we knew too and that made him cooler for gettin' away with it?

Those other guys like Vince Neil, David Coverdale, Brett Michaels...they all were Dave Wannabees in my eyes. They made the mistake of actually taking themselves completely seriously, whereas Dave let us in on the joke.

Rumor has it he's really a cool guy to hang out with--he seems well-read and intelligent. Partying with folks like that always led to the most inventive trouble I ever got into....
    Last edited by ravennaloveseddie; January 3rd, 2008 at 02:11 PM.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Thumbs up Welcome!

Welcome to CVH.com.

Have fun.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Starving Guitarguy
    mental note- invent trouble with ravenna
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Too Fast For Love
    Welome rocker girl69!!! It's always good to see more ladies at this site!
    Have a great time. The people are cool...the music is loud....the drinks are plenty and hey...did you hear? Dave is back with Vh!
    The cruelest lies are often told in silence... (Robert Louis Stevenson)

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life.

Sammy who?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Duck
    did you hear? Dave is back with Vh!
    I not just heard that but I saw that a few weeks ago when I went to one of their concerts...Dave was one of the reasons why I went...i was thrilled to see him...

Quote Originally Posted by Ron4406
    mental note- invent trouble with ravenna
    HaHaHa! ok...well....I've got you penciled in on the 12th of June...does that suit? Bring a stick lighter, some laundry detergent and a couple rolls of good strong twine. Wear comfortable shoes...

THEE bassist for VH

Talking

Don't do it Ron, she's setting ya up man! She's gonna tie you up and scrub ya down with soap. Then let ya dry out and light ya on fire!

THEE bassist for VH
    Oh yeah, hello there rockergirl! Welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by i1sum2!; January 4th, 2008 at 07:26 PM.

Too Fast For Love
    Quote Originally Posted by rockergirl69
    I not just heard that but I saw that a few weeks ago when I went to one of their concerts...Dave was one of the reasons why I went...i was thrilled to see him...
    I know that silly!!

How was the show you went to? The one I saw kicked ass....
    I'm hoping to see them again come march in madison square garden!
    That's my dream....

How were your seats?
    The cruelest lies are often told in silence... (Robert Louis Stevenson)

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life.

Sammy who?

the show i went to rocked....seeing them at Madison Square Garden would be cool....there was no leg room but they were great for cheap seats....