Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
British Steel
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: British Steel

Roadie

British Steel

I saw British Steel the other day on Classic Albums and i got so amazed with it that i bought a remastered copy the very next day.

I only knew one or two tunes from it, but wow! this albums kicks serious ass. I've been listening to it for the past few days and it has been great. iMetal Gods, Breaking The Law, Living After Midnight, United, Grinder... awesome songs!

Halford's voice sounds so tight and that double guitar attack just gets into you. Tipton really impressed me.

I once believed that Master Of Puppets was the greatest heavy metal album, but no more.

Only a little tardy
    sweet score man! im still tryin to wait it out for manifest to have it on the used section.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick AVH fan
    sweet score man! im still tryin to wait it out for manifest to have it on the used section.
    Get the remastered version. Dude, it's got two extra tracks (Red, White and Blue and Grinder live) and, man, that sound...!!

On the front of the album brings a notice that says "Now remastered with a speaker-splitting sound"
    Last edited by Highway Star; December 27th, 2007 at 06:57 PM.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation ...

Excellent record.

To this day, I consider the front cover art as a very nice one.

You should also try HBFL, Stained Class and SFV.

Oh, have you ever heard of a German Power Metal band called Running Wild? JP all the way, man.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Love ya moms......
    I got this album when i was about 16,a true classic all the way through.I thought Point of Entry was good as well,but Screaming for Vengence is their best work in my book.

Buddhist Monk
    I love all Judas Priest through Screaming for Vengeance (after that not so much), but I'm partial to Sad Wings of Destiny. Victim of Changes is an awesome song.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion" - from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

When JP released Turbo, I almost gave up on them.
    Never cared enough to listen to Priest Live or Ram it Down.

But Painkiller is awesome. The same goes to Jugulator.
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Star
    I saw British Steel the other day on Classic Albums and i got so amazed with it that i bought a remastered copy the very next day.
    I caught that.Cool show.They did a thing about British Steel on the 'Seven Ages of Rock' show as well.Propelling them to huge success sorta thing.Not bad.
    Great record!

Roadie
    Man, i was listening to it again. It's so fuckin' good!! Breaking the law!!!

God made a huge mistake sending me to this world in 1980. It should have been at least 15 years before.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Ahh, 1980...the best year ever for Heavy Metal!

I was a massive Priest fan, i mean i had everything (i had to).
    Screaming was the first taste, then i went back & got Point of Entry & British Steel. I still love Point of Entry, as it's so underated.
    After that, i hit Sin after sin, Hell bent & Stained Class.
    Stained Class had a very profound effect on me.
    That album really spoke to me, and it had a very melancholy vibe to it, though heavy. I was obsessed with Stained Class for like a year!
    Sin after Sin was awesome too (call for the priest, a killer song!)
    Hell Bent didn't move me, it was too upbeat.
    Unleashed in the East defines metal to me.
    Live or not, it is just freaking incredible (Green manalishi, Sinner, Diamonds & Rust, Running Wild, Tyrant...My God!!)
    Defenders was the last one i bought as a kid.
    Turbo was too pop & Painkiller was too abrasive.