Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I have a BEEF!
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a BEEF!

Roadie

I have a BEEF!

What is up with all these journalists that review VH and are posted on vhnd.com ????? Were they born in 1990? (Now, I'm not picking on the younger posters here believe me.) BUT the reviews say stuff like "obscure song & not often heard"???? What!? Mean Street, I'm the One

here's a quote : The band more than made up for all that time apart by playing a long set of some two dozen songs, mixing crowd favorites with less-familiar, even obscure gems, like the scat-filled "I'm the One" and the guitar-drenched "Mean Street."

If you listened to CVH (in the day) these are not obscure songs IMO. They were just as great as the others... Whatever, just bugs me... now I feel better. Although the review I must say, was positive.

Starving Guitarguy
    Anyone born after 1967 has no buisness making a professional reveiw of this tour IMO.
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Roadie
    Amen brother! But can I be the exception? I was born in 68' (she says with her biggest pleading smile - think DLR smile!)

I think anyone who's going to go to a show with the intent of professionally reviewing it should take it as their professional responsibility to acquaint themselves thoroughly with the entire 6 pack before going to see the show.

Mean Street and I'm the One, obscure......BAH! I say!
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....

Starving Guitarguy
    Quote Originally Posted by EVHgirl in Va
    Amen brother! But can I be the exception? I was born in 68' (she says with her biggest pleading smile - think DLR smile!)
    With a smile like that, of cource.
    Pics?
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Band Technician
    I can see your point and I agree with you. Lot of people are on the Band Wagon and see Van Halen as nothing more than Jump, Hot for Teacher, and Panama. They don't know the true meaning of what the group is about at all.
    I tell them to listen to Hang 'em High off of DD. or Simple Ryhme fom W&CF, etc... Once again, there is to much emphasis on Top 40 charts. That's sad, because,most of the best songs aren't the most popular, like Mean Street, etc... Reviews, that's just somebody's opinion. Nice post!

Exactly, when was the last time you heard Mean Streets or I'm the One on the radio? Never for me.

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

Groupie
    I too have a beef...

This tour hasn't been confirmed to hit the Uk...(yet). All I can go on is the youtube footage, all your fantastic reviews and a boot CD I have of opening night.

And you know you can't beat standing front row centre 'banging your head'!!!! (Kev Dubrow RIP)

So come on VH guys, book that Euro tour now so I can quench my Van Halen thirst and finally put the memories of that horrible Van Hagar show out of my mind!!
    Pete
    The adventures I regret the most are the ones I missed......

The Baddest Cat Alive!!!!
    I was born in 1970 and when I was a kid my first Vinyl was Fair Warning. I was almost 11 years old. Mean Street would be heard from my bedroom window for blocks. My son who is 7 now, knows nothing of the GAYGAR years. He has already filled his i pod with the the whole CLASSIC VAN HALEN catolog, including all of the boots from the club days. I heard him the other day playing with his Nintendo DS and he was singing

"I've seen your eyes in the night watch me watch you, My nasty eyes of the night watching you!"

GOD IT WAS AWESOME!!!! I WAS SO FULL OF PRIDE!!!! IT BROUGHT A TEAR TO MY EYE.

He's already starting to take guitar lessons. I'm not saying he's going to be the next EVH but he knows he wants to play like him!!!

His top 10 most played Van Halen songs on his i pod are Top JImmy, Panama, Romeo Delight, Eyes of the NIght, Voodoo Queen, Mean Streets, Hot for teacher, Atomic Punk, The Full Bug, And the #1 song, played the most on his I pod is... "You really got me!!!"

And on March 17th 2008 we are hitting MSG!!!! Father and son taking in the greatest show on earth!!!!

Roadie
    Way cool! You'll have to fill us in after the show!
    Model Citizen - Zero Discipline