Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Michael Anthony ~ When Its Love
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    David Lee Roth Bodyguard

Michael Anthony ~ When Its Love

A priceless bit of Youtubing from an obvious Hagarite here;

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation ...

My ears, my ears!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

No cheer******s allowed!
    Looking at the new Zlozower book, there are some killer shots of Mike, and it kinda struck me that he was once the man!

Theres a huge page of four shots of Anthony banging away on the keyboard in 1980, during "...and the cradle will rock."
    He looks so happy, it's cool.

There's another of he & Ed backstage, just jamming in '79.
    They look like the best of pals, just laughing with their instruments in hand.

My favorite is one of Ed in those classic late 70's/early 80's red shorts, no socks, doing a soundcheck with his frankie.

...and talk about necks & pickups!
    You see the Frankie with about 7 different necks & pickups.
    The Bee, as well.
    ...and the Frankie looked so new & pristine in 79 & 80!
    He really used & abused that guitar, as it was trashed by the US fest.

No cheer******s allowed!
    There's also a shot of a slightly modded Ibanez Destroyer in the WACF session shots.
    It's sitting there, maybe it was the infamous Chris Holmes guitar.

I tell ya, this book is a revelation.
    I'm an Edhead, and these shots of Eddie captured by Neil are poetry.
    The lighting, the expressions, the moods he captures on & offstage prove just how much better he was than some guy like Ross Halfin.
    Zloz captures these incredible shots, but none of them look staged or set up.
    Theres one of Ed, a huge full page shot, where hes playing a solo, but half of him & his frankie are in the shadow, while the rest is illuminated by the spotlight. It's like the coolest Ed pic i've ever seen.
    It's almost eery.

...and, yup, there is tons & tons of Roth in this book!

Resident Moron
    Fuckshitdamn... I had a headache that was getting better and now it's off the wall! Gah... So he was kicked outta VH, big damn deal!
    I'm different. y'hear?

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars
    There's also a shot of a slightly modded Ibanez Destroyer in the WACF session shots.
    It's sitting there, maybe it was the infamous Chris Holmes guitar.

I tell ya, this book is a revelation.
    I'm an Edhead, and these shots of Eddie captured by Neil are poetry.
    The lighting, the expressions, the moods he captures on & offstage prove just how much better he was than some guy like Ross Halfin.
    Zloz captures these incredible shots, but none of them look staged or set up.
    Theres one of Ed, a huge full page shot, where hes playing a solo, but half of him & his frankie are in the shadow, while the rest is illuminated by the spotlight. It's like the coolest Ed pic i've ever seen.
    It's almost eery.

...and, yup, there is tons & tons of Roth in this book!
    Can't wait to get a copy in my hand, bro!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

THEE bassist for VH
    There are specific time-signatures, sequences, full runs, half notes and you name it being missed in almost every song Wolfie is playing. Sure he's hitting most of the root notes and some of the vibe... but it ain't even close yet.

Dave's singing style calls for a very unique time-signature within the melodies. It's part of what made CVH special. From the beginning of the tour even Ed and Al were struggling with the timings, but are now starting to hit the old groove the last several weeks. Wolfie does not have much of that down yet at all. Listen to every one of Ed's solo spots... the kid is not carrying the song. Alex is. There's a huge gapping hole in the music where Mike used to be.

James Lomenzo played bass in DLR band in the late 90's and early 00's... he also played/plays for White Lion, Pride & Glory, Slash's Snakepit, Black Label Society, Ozzy Osbourne, & currently Megadeth. He was quoted as being amazed at how difficult it was to play Michael's material when joining DLR Band and he's a 25 year veteran player.

~ as quoted by Zah, an accomplished musician

THEE bassist for VH
    Ed's always had a lot of love to go around, especially in 2004.

THEE bassist for VH

Talking

And plenty in the past too......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2!
    Ed's always had a lot of love to go around, especially in 2004.
    Man, I'd prefer 100 times watching a CVH reunion than the new Van Halen 4.0. But Edward wanted something different; he wanted to have the pleasure of playing with his kid. I'm just a fan - he probably has his own reasons for not calling Iron Mike this time. At least, Dave is the frontman and the crowd seems to enjoy this new incarnation of the band. I'd like to watch this tour, but I can't.
    ---