Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We need your help...

Hi Y'all!

I am really loving this VH 2007 . I do miss Michael Anthony a lot . NONETHELESS, "RIGHT NOW" VAN HALEN IS KICKING MAJOR ASS IN AMERICA. Eddie is definetely back! Him and Roth are pure MAGIC (Could This Magic? )

One thing that I can't forget is the no show at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. That would've been so nice to finally see them again. I waited till the last minute to see them live, with Roth (and Anthony). I was in denial till R.E.M. came on... then I realized that wasn't gonna happen.

Here's what I'd wish for... (and I hope others as well) as a tribute to all VAN HALEN fans, that Van Halen would open the next RRHF with this formation. Like Van Halen could simply play the opener with one song... and that's it. I would love to see that. They deserve that... to be honored 100%

Question is, how do we make that happen? Do we need to send a bunch of emails to the RRHF? I would do whatever I can to see that...

Meanwhile, ROCK ON

Stefan Lannes

Everybody wants some, I want some too!

I don't feel tardy
    They're already inducted. I don't think they'll get a do-over.

But, I think the VH-1 Rock Honors show would be a great opportunity for Van Halen to make it up to the fans. While the RRHOF is a more prestigious honor by far, the VH-1 Rock Honors show is well produced, and more prominently displayed event (at least on VH-1, which does great lead up publicity for their tribute shows, case in point their annual Hip Hop Honors program).

That would be their best chance to get their moment in the sun while being there to perform live for all the people who didn't get to catch the 07 tour in person. It would also be a great opportunity to get a band to pay tribute correctly so as to erase that awful Velvet Revolver fiasco.

And maybe not too far down the road, get everyone together for a VH-1 Behind The Music.
    Wolf: "C'mon Dave...give me a cake*."
    Dave:"One cake*...comin' up!"

* (can be substituted for steak or shake)

Band Technician
    I would have to agree. I believe VHI and the Hall wouldn't let that happen, since they skipped the performance the last time. Water is all under the bridge on that I think, so we should move forward.
    Last edited by Scottie Hutch; November 9th, 2007 at 11:22 AM.

Thank you guys!

After reading your posts I've also realized that that's water under the bridge and we should move on.

VH1 - Rock Honors would be AWESOME!!!!

You actually helped me get over that...

ROCK ON

Stefan Lannes

Band Technician
    You're Welcome! Classic Van Halen RULES!!!

We = Van Halen fans

Stefan Lannes

Git some!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadassMOFO
    I don't really take that RRHOF very seriously. I wonder if =VH= doesn't either?
    The RRHOF is full of it anyways... the rock honors are way better.

RRHOF kinda cool, actually....

I got to go to the RRHOF in September this year---I thought it was pretty cool actually...I saw so very many things that made me go "wow! look at that!" from David Bowie's Spiders From Mars outfit (complete with the metal wings) to the Eliminator car from ZZ Top's videos to handwritten original lyrics by both John Lennon (A Day in the Life) and Steven Tyler (Walk This Way) to my favorite, Edward's guitar (which I stood in front of for like 45 minutes, petting the glass...yeah, I'm a dork like that...)

It was a very comprehensive exhibition, covering the entire lifespan of Rock and Roll, from it's very beginnings right up until the present. Having seen the entirety of it, I think it's a pretty big honor to be inducted, to take your place beside the pioneers and the innovators of this art form we all love. I thought it was well done.

I just don't understand the tone of resentment and/or anger I've been hearing since =VH='s induction that Edward, Alex and Dave weren't there--I mean, sure, I was disappointed too, but more so for them than for me. (I didn't actually get to watch it live--I had to catch it in videos after the fact.) It's like nobody realizes that the date of the induction was 3 days after Edward put himself into rehab. I applaud the guy for STAYING there like an adult, and working on getting it together--not like other pop stars of today who take vacations from rehab so they can go get a massage. Edward missed out on an important evening that was meant to honor him and his bandmates' achievements, his life's work thus far--and Alex, I'm not surprised to see, stayed away in support of his brother. They knew Scammy would jump on this chance to be in the spotlight, and so Alex stepped back and let him--what's that old saying about giving someone enough rope and he'll hang himself? That performance with Velvet Revolver was a joke, plain and simple. And let's face it, does anyone really want to see Dave and Scammy on the same stage again? (didn't they do a tour together? didn't it suck eggs?)

So I guess how I see it is =VH= doesn't really have anything to "make up" to the fans for not being there at the induction; they missed out too. But I do agree that a VH-1 Rock Honors with them would be a great opportunity to celebrate with us all the amazingly cool thing that IS Van Halen.
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    Actually, Van Halen were asked to recieve and to participate in the last Rock Honors Award show. They declined, obviously. As far as the RRHOF is concerned, I guess they thought they could'nt decline the "award", as such, but they still decided not to perform... good call, I thought (still do).

Van Halen will no doubt be asked by the Rock Honors people again. Lets hope its next time.

Git some!
    We can only hope.