Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Just Shredding - Page 5
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Just Shredding

Don't know how ya get em' to come up like that but here's one.

George Lynch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asUQBl1DTDA
    Last edited by Pride of Pasadena; December 5th, 2007 at 08:30 PM.

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by Pride of Pasadena
    Don't know how ya get em' to come up like that but here's one.

George Lynch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asUQBl1DTDA
    Thanxs for the Lynch. Here's a little how to on posting youtubers:

http://classicvanhalen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10313

Band Technician
    Even if a lot of people can copycat nowadays I still think Paul Gilbert was one of the guitarists that displayed real ease when playing technically challenging stuff.

And even if the whole shredding style lost meaning to a long time ago the intro to his latest album can still make me smile in a boyish look-guys-I-enjoyed-playing-fast-guitar-stuff-once kind of way.

It's not like Cacophony, Yngwie etc. etc. didn't do impressive stuff of course.
    (I still have 4 Yngwie albums from when i was a teen...traded the only cacophony album I ever had for "5150" and "WACF" vinyls :P )

Band Technician
    This is prolly a repost/thing you guys talked about in some thread but still.

I was given that Paul Gilbert album by a friend I taught for a bit this year, and though I dont listen to it really, I just had to include these kind sentiments PG wrote to EVH as pre-words to a tune on it (PG was always a EVH fan though most prolly wouldn't bet on it if they didn't know)

"Three E's for Edward.
    My biggest guitar hero is named Edward. In his music, I've seen visions of freedom, virtuosity, and unspeakable joy that remain unmatched. I hope he can find his way to a place free of all pollution and once again show us the beauty of his music and soul.
    With this hope in mind, I put three strings on my acoustic guitar, tune them all to E (in octaves) and play these notes for him" (PG 2006)

Three E's for Edward (live) :

*EDITED for rather piss poor spelling*
    Last edited by DolGun; December 5th, 2007 at 09:56 AM.

Band Technician
    Paul Gilbert signed an autograph for me at a guitar seminar back in the late 80's He wrote ' To Scott, George Lynch RULES the UNIVERSE! ' I agree with him 110% We were discussing Lynchisms after his class. I love Warren DeMartini and Jake E Lee to.

Quote Originally Posted by DolGun
    "Three E's for Edward.
    My biggest guitar hero is named Edward. In his music, I've seen visions of freedom, virtuosity, and unspeakable joy that remain unmatched. I hope he can find his way to a place free of all pollution and once again show us the beauty of his music and soul.
    With this hope in mind, I put three strings on my acoustic guitar, tune them all to E (in octaves) and play these notes for him" (PG 2006)

awww, how touching is that? Ya made me get all teary, Dol! And now I have to thank you because I was ignorant of this man's playing--hadn't heard of him before---so I went and checked out the album this is on. Wow! Just from the samples I'm impressed, and now I also have something cool to ask Santa Claus for! haha! So, thanks!
    remember....after the fire, after all the rain
    i will be the flame.....

love that album. i posted a pic of the 3 E's info in the guitar forum at one point, right when i found it. I boughth that album the day it cam e out soooo good. anyway same tuning is used on this one: Let the Computer Decide from Aligator Farm another great album by Paul

A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

holy fuck!!!1
    A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.
    Frank Zappa

last one for now, but paling in comparison to the last one:

my fave version
    Frank Zappa

k i lied...

Frank Zappa