Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
A review from last night's show in the Twin Cities
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Band Manager

A review from last night's show in the Twin Cities

Hey everyone! Long time no see. And some of you I've never seen at all. Just thought I would drop by, say hello, and show you this link that a friend gave to me. He was there and saw the show last night. I don't guess I'll get a chance to see them, as they aren't coming anywhere near me

Anyway...enjoy

http://www.twincities.com/entertainment/ci_7273077

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by littleGirlFromCherryLawn
    Hey everyone! Long time no see. And some of you I've never seen at all. Just thought I would drop by, say hello, and show you this link that a friend gave to me. He was there and saw the show last night. I don't guess I'll get a chance to see them, as they aren't coming anywhere near me

Anyway...enjoy

Well, i'll be a broken branch on a tree....
    Lookie who's back!
    Miss Cherry fucking Lawn....

I lost yer email, missy....
    and you never responded to my youtube comments!

How the hell are ya, Ch-ch-cherry?!

No cheer******s allowed!
    For those that don't know, Cherry rocked these forums back when these forums ROCKED!

The constant fighting annoyed her, though (thanks, Sum! kidding)
    and she left us for the backstreets of NM, dragracing & such.

Her & Jane made this place a heck of a lot more fun, i'll tell ya that much.

Mr Mod Extraordinare

Anyway...enjoy

The St Louis show has been re-scheduled for March 30, which can only mean a 2nd leg, and probably along the south part of the country--they may grace NM with a visit, ya never know!
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

siN / DDLR Moderator

Band Manager
    Oh I'm PRAYING, NE!! By the way....Great to see ya! Glad to know some of the Veterans are still around. How is Major?

And YOU, Mr. Unchained!! I beg to differ with ya! I did too answer your youtube comments!! I believe I sent you a message too. I was wondering why I never heard back from ya.

Hey! Speaking of drag racing...I have a new race car now. Well...its actually my husband's OLD race car. He bought a Vega to fix up...wants something little and light to run faster. I also had some problems with the rear end in mine, plus some issues with the motor. So...we took the 454 out of the Camaro, put the 350 out of mine in it, and VOILA! I got me a new ride. It earned me two trophies right off the bat too!

Anyway...not to turn this thread into something completely off the subject of Van Halen. I thought that article was interesting...and the comments even more so. While it was kinda scathing toward Dave, my friend in Minneapolis said the only problem was the accoustics in that arena. Other than that, he said it was one helluva great show.

Mr Mod Extraordinare
    I always thought your rear end was FINE!!!!!!

Oh, you mean that rear end!

Major's still the biggest baby ever--he'll be a puppy until the day he dies!!

And when you see VH, you'll enjoy the hell out of it--and take the kids--MAKE them go, even!

I took my 9-year old, and now Jump is her new favorite song--go figure!
    LIGHT 'EM UP!!
    Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

siN / DDLR Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NE169
    I always thought your rear end was FINE!!!!!!

Oh, you mean that rear end!

Major's still the biggest baby ever--he'll be a puppy until the day he dies!!

And when you see VH, you'll enjoy the hell out of it--and take the kids--MAKE them go, even!

I took my 9-year old, and now Jump is her new favorite song--go figure!
    Don't you have Van Halen 1? Make her listen to that.

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

No cheer******s allowed!
    Well, well, well....
    Two nites in a row!

I liked the review, Cherry, and it sounds like Ed is back on form.
    Roth has me worried, mainly because he looks a bit vegas/wayne Newton these days, but his voice is waaaaaay stronger than i imagined.

What do y'all think about Michael Anthony not taking part, though?
    We never got your take on that, as we all butted heads on that very, volatile issue.

Band Manager
    Oh NE....if I didn't take the kids, they'd KILL ME!! I took Shaina to the last show in '04, and Anna-Leigh and Weston STILL resent me. But Anna-Leigh was just too young, and Weston was grounded, so.... But, they'll definitely go with me next time....if there IS one.

Aj....I assure you, my kids are QUITE familiar with VH. They're 20, 18, and 13, and all three of them grew up listening to them their whole life.

Unchained....Oh I know, Ed looks GREAT! A little too thin, but otherwise great. I'm so glad he went into rehab and got his shit together. As for Mike....well OF COURSE I'd much rather he be with them on this tour than Wolfie. I'm sure Wolfie is a great performer for a 16 year old kid. Its in his blood. But, Mike's absence just leaves a big hole there. His vocals and his antics on stage were a big part of what made them so great to watch. But, if Mike would just rather not be there, then more power to the guy. Its hard with bands....we tend to think of them more as a product than as human beings. And essentially, they ARE a product when they put out an album or take the stage, and they do have to consider what their fans want. But I think, at their age, and after such a long and successful career, they need to think of THEMSELVES first. They gotta do what's right for them as individuals...period. If they can't get along, and feel its best not to do this tour together, then I'm sure they have their reasons, and it should be respected whether we like it or not. Like I said...more power to them. They owe me NOTHING. I don't need new albums from them...I don't need new anything, because I'm still quite pleased with all the old stuff they've given. I wish them all nothing but peace and happiness, and success in whatever they do.

Oh NE....if I didn't take the kids, they'd KILL ME!! I took Shaina to the last show in '04, and Anna-Leigh and Weston STILL resent me. But Anna-Leigh was just too young, and Weston was grounded, so.... But, they'll definitely go with me next time....if there IS one.

Aj....I assure you, my kids are QUITE familiar with VH. They're 20, 18, and 13, and all three of them grew up listening to them their whole life.

Unchained....Oh I know, Ed looks GREAT! A little too thin, but otherwise great. I'm so glad he went into rehab and got his shit together. As for Mike....well OF COURSE I'd much rather he be with them on this tour than Wolfie. I'm sure Wolfie is a great performer for a 16 year old kid. Its in his blood. But, Mike's absence just leaves a big hole there. His vocals and his antics on stage were a big part of what made them so great to watch. But, if Mike would just rather not be there, then more power to the guy. Its hard with bands....we tend to think of them more as a product than as human beings. And essentially, they ARE a product when they put out an album or take the stage, and they do have to consider what their fans want. But I think, at their age, and after such a long and successful career, they need to think of THEMSELVES first. They gotta do what's right for them as individuals...period. If they can't get along, and feel its best not to do this tour together, then I'm sure they have their reasons, and it should be respected whether we like it or not. Like I said...more power to them. They owe me NOTHING. I don't need new albums from them...I don't need new anything, because I'm still quite pleased with all the old stuff they've given. I wish them all nothing but peace and happiness, and success in whatever they do.
    I agree, but I kinda like Wolf's 'persona'.

I was talking about NE, he once said that his kids would much rather listen to Stevie Ray Vaughn than Van Halen.

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock