Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Van Halen Jump reformed NASTY! - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars
    Dare i say it, they almost sound too rehearsed!

Ed's solos are a little off technically, but he still sounds good.
    Wolf is great i think.
    Thats a tough gig & he's solid as a fucking rock.

If you listen to some boots from '81....jesus christ.
    Talk about being at the top of your game!
    Yeah I'm gonna have trouble with that album!

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

I listened to Montreal 1984 Friday, and they're definitely better than that now, and that is supposed to have been the best show of the 1984 tour. I think Dave's rationale is, "If my back is messed up and I can't jump around like I used to, I'm gonna knock `em out with the singing." Plus he probably still remembers Eddie saying, "Sammy hits notes I would never have asked Dave to hit," so he's trying to give Sam's throat a run for its money. The vibrato is a bit much, though.

Plus they're in their 50's and going out there trying to act like 25 year old "bad boys" would look stupid now. Already I'm reading about Dave putting a woman's camera phone in his pants and saying, "Make sure to post that one," and it makes me cringe. Dave's one of my heros, but how corny.

No cheer******s allowed!
    I have Montreal on DVD, and i love that show!

To me, that is still VH at the top of their game.
    Comparing that to 2007 might not be fair, considering the time that has passed & the fact they just aren't as mind blowing as they were then.
    Musically they were monsters in 84, playing stuff like HFT effortlessly.

Dave hit many bum notes, but he was the star of the 84 tour, very animated & entertaining.

2007 sounds great, all things considered, but not on the level of 78-84.
    There's still a bit of rust on Ed's playing, probablly from years of focusing on other things besides the guitar.

Git some!
    Yeah, but the rust is coming out with the WD-40...
    Ready, Eddie!

Resident Moron
    well, at least we know it's real!
    I'm different. y'hear?

David Lee Roth Bodyguard

***Missed this brilliant post***

Quote Originally Posted by BadassMOFO

Some people dismiss the fact that Eddie plays keyboards. And as well as that they seem to dismiss the fact that Jump and I'll wait are even " valid " classic Van Halen period. They tend to " tear the record in half " in their own minds, if you will, and say this part is not classic Van Halen. Nonsense!

Reality check!

Truth:

* Eddie is a musician
    * Eddie plays Keyboards
    * Ed loves playing keyboards (he said so himself)
    * The =VH= record entitled 1984 is classic Van Halen... the entire record

Bullshit:

* Ed is only allowed to play guitar
    * Ed is not allowed to play his keyboard nor is he allowedto be seen playing a keyboard in a live performance
    * Ed should not have used keyboards on 1984 or any other classic Van Halen record or any =VH= record period
    By far and away the best post I've ever read on these VH boards concerning keyboards/ED/VH.......superb MOFO, really was.

Huge fan of keyboard/electronica here.......it goes hand in hand with classic rock and classic music. I play keyboards myself (I dabble in it) and I get as much out of Ed's musicality that way, as I do from his guitar.

Ed is the music. If you have a problem with the keyboard then you have a problem with Ed, IMO. Funny how its not a problem when Geddy or Townshend use keys....hmmmm.

*** EDWARD!!! ***
    Quote Originally Posted by IronicA
    By far and away the best post I've ever read on these VH boards concerning keyboards/ED/VH.......superb MOFO, really was.

Huge fan of keyboard/electronica here.......it goes hand in hand with classic rock and classic music. I play keyboards myself (I dabble in it) and I get as much out of Ed's musicality that way, as I do from his guitar.

Ed is the music. If you have a problem with the keyboard then you have a problem with Ed, IMO. Funny how its not a problem when Geddy or Townshend use keys....hmmmm.
    Thanks Iro! Well you know a little common sense goes a long way. I just can't understand why anybody would think that only half of a classic Van Halen record such as the diamond status 1984 is in fact classic Van Halen. It's the same as saying Deep Purple should not have Jon Lord playin' keyboards... it's nonsense if you ask me. And people are so quick to slam Ed's keyboard playing when it is absolutely stellar! I love keyboards and I happen to enjoy listening to Eddie play keys.
    Edward is KING!
    He can do
    NO DVD!
    NO BOX SET!

NO WRONG!

http://www.evhgear.com/

aD*A*M*M*society
    This message is hidden because isum12? is on your ignore list.