Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
A cvh.com AMNESTY!?! - Page 4
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Band Technician
    I've been pretty swamped with everything as of late. That's why I haven't been posting as much as I've use to. If anybody notced that is. I still believe in the site. The CVH word still needs to be out there! People like Simon, Iro, Sikester, Sum, and Unchained, along with many others RULE! I've learned alot from being a member

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    Good points, Scottie.

We should all believe in THE SITE. Sure, we all fall into camps.. thats human nature, but that shouldn't get in the way of us enjoying ALL the aspects of this great site.

I look at it this way - the more opinions the better. Its a small crowd here, those differences make it interesting and concentrated. This board, because of the size, has the privilege of being more than just VH Talk, its a social place. I'm fed up with hearing other Members blame fellow Members for leaving.

Vive la difference! - bloody French... but they do have a way of saying these types of things.

An Eleven Warrior
    Sum, I'm glad to see you back, even if it is to say 'Goodbye'. There are a lot of us here that hope you stick around. If not God bless and good luck.

Doc
    Say my name!

Too Fast For Love
    The way i look at it is this...

-this is not the DLR army
    -this is not highschool with ashtrays...ok?
    -this is a web site dedicated to the greatest rock band of all times

I love you guys i do....but getting upset to the point where you leave the site...or let the anger get to you so much you become bitter...I just dont get it. I respect all my fellow VH fans....but guys...it's about the music ok?
    Let's keep the drama within the highschools across the country and all sammy hagar websites...
    The cruelest lies are often told in silence... (Robert Louis Stevenson)

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life.

Sammy who?

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by BadassMOFO
    Sum-thin' like that!
    +1!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

*** EDWARD!!! ***
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon Ribeiro
    +1!
    See I wasn't out to get Sum but I being old school as he was did not get sucked in to his little anti-=VH= campaign. I don't see that as a reason to criticize one's signature, posts and w.h.y., much less use me as a scapegoat for leaving the board. Especially when he already did so a month and a few days ago! I guess, in his own mind he had to set the record straight or Sum-thin'.
    Edward is KING!
    He can do
    NO DVD!
    NO BOX SET!

NO WRONG!

http://www.evhgear.com/

aD*A*M*M*society
    This message is hidden because isum12? is on your ignore list.
    *Powered by BBL 2.0
    *1965-2009 *** MOFO *** Innovations ltd. P.A.F.

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J. MASSEY
    Oh I forgot AYE!

But is Nick ever coming back? I've heard the story!
    sorry im late! i thought this place was gone!

hiya people!
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by IronicA
    My 2 pence worth...

You have to take the ups with the downs, though sum. Just because your's and say punkatamic's (as you said yourself) anti Ed politics are no longer the popular view, is no reason to leave. In fact, thats the very reason to stay.

Personally speaking, I've seen the shift on all the VH boards. This goes for everyone here who doesn't like the shift in common ground. Maybe you should stop and think about all the people that didn't join, or left, because of all the anti Ed dialogue that was prevalent on all these boards for many years. I found it frustrating, but I wasn't deterred by the "crowd" back then.

I'm interested sum, are you retiring as a FAN from all the VH Boards?
    I've seen all VH message boards go thru their ups and downs Ironica, every single one, including this one. I've outlasted all of them, but no longer give a damn. The anti Ed dialogue is found at any VH site and you should know this. People aren't always going to approve of his actions. It's no longer about the music, it's about gain for Edward. In other words, not so music as it is a business now. The current lineup is winging it as far as I'm concerned, and I laugh my ass off at the imbeciles who are saying that this is them better than they ever were. Oh yeah, believe me on that one. I have nothing against Wolfgang, but he didn't earn this spot in any way, shape, or form. Daddy just gave it to him. This is Van Halen PG-13 to me, with uncle Dave on a leash. He's been forbidden by deaddy to be his old self imo. And we can stop with all the hugs and kisses to between Ed and Dave, as that's just a show for all the peeps giving their hard earned dough to them, you bet yer ass. I don't believe that for a second. If they were going to do a nostalgia "greatest hits" tour, then they fucked up bigtime by not including Mike. You can bet that the majority of fans would have walked away satisfied and with no regrets. Van Halen is the one dysfunctional band who never gets it right though. Damn shame too.

Anyway, the people who stay here ONLY and don't take in the bigger picture are limited. I can name several here who are that way. There's so much more to see/hear out there. I laugh at the ignorants who think that there are no insiders actively participating on any VH board too, believe me, they are present. Doubt away for all I care, but they are here.

And if you want quality posters (not numbnuts who blather about their drinking habits) then good luck. Freak certainly deserves better, as he's made a great board for us.

Only a little tardy
    Quote Originally Posted by BadassMOFO
    Hey Nick, how ya been dude? There's been all kinds of excitement around here as of late!
    im doin good, you?

sounds like i got shit to catch up with.
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2!
    I've seen all VH message boards go thru their ups and downs Ironica, every single one, including this one. I've outlasted all of them, but no longer give a damn. The anti Ed dialogue is found at any VH site and you should know this. People aren't always going to approve of his actions. It's no longer about the music, it's about gain for Edward. In other words, not so music as it is a business now. The current lineup is winging it as far as I'm concerned, and I laugh my ass off at the imbeciles who are saying that this is them better than they ever were. Oh yeah, believe me on that one. I have nothing against Wolfgang, but he didn't earn this spot in any way, shape, or form. Daddy just gave it to him. This is Van Halen PG-13 to me, with uncle Dave on a leash. He's been forbidden by deaddy to be his old self imo. And we can stop with all the hugs and kisses to between Ed and Dave, as that's just a show for all the peeps giving their hard earned dough to them, you bet yer ass. I don't believe that for a second. If they were going to do a nostalgia "greatest hits" tour, then they fucked up bigtime by not including Mike. You can bet that the majority of fans would have walked away satisfied and with no regrets. Van Halen is the one dysfunctional band who never gets it right though. Damn shame too.

Anyway, the people who stay here ONLY and don't take in the bigger picture are limited. I can name several here who are that way. There's so much more to see/hear out there. I laugh at the ignorants who think that there are no insiders actively participating on any VH board too, believe me, they are present. Doubt away for all I care, but they are here.

And if you want quality posters (not numbnuts who blather about their drinking habits) then good luck. Freak certainly deserves better, as he's made a great board for us.
    Okay sum, I certainly appreciate your candidness. Your angle, or take, so to speak, adds to the debate... no one could ever deny that. This is why I would like to see you stay on. A bit of balance is a good thing.

Happy trails ol' pal. We had some fun along the way, you and me, thats for sure.