Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
cleveland, ohio - 10/10/07
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.

Hybrid View

Groupie

cleveland, ohio - 10/10/07

i wait 22 years for this, and i get the good fortune of seeing the band on diamond dave's birthday...wonder if we'll get cake?

see you there?
    "now. fellate me whilst i eat this expensive ham."

Groupie
    I will be there...
    If I wanted any shit out of you I'll squeeze your head.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation ...

Have a great time there!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Well have a great time!

But remember my 'Van Halen is Bad News' thread, a 14 year old boy shot his teacher and 2 others at a school in Cleveland. Plus a train wrecked in Paineville, Ohio about 20 miles away from Cleveland killing everyone on board.

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

Van Halen cover Brazil
    Have a good time there, friends!
    I wish be there too, but I'm too far (Brazil).
    But I saw Van Halen with Dave in 1983 tour. At least, I saw the guys live once in my life !
    Now, I'm watching only by Youtube, but that's ok by now.
    Deco.
    Balance Van Halen cover - Brazil.
    www.balancecover.com.br

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. MASSEY
    Well have a great time!

But remember my 'Van Halen is Bad News' thread, a 14 year old boy shot his teacher and 2 others at a school in Cleveland. Plus a train wrecked in Paineville, Ohio about 20 miles away from Cleveland killing everyone on board.
    Yeah, I thought about your thread the minute I heard the news on tv, AJ. That was a sad thing... .
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

Since no one did thought I'd review it.

Van Halen - Rocktober 10th,2007
    Quicken Loans Arena - Cleveland,Ohio

First off,In the future I'd question the structural integrity of that building,cuz they rocked the shit out of that place!!
    Some strees cracks in the roof at the very least.
    Hadn't been rocked like that in many years!

Well,the big question (for me anyway) was how's Wolfgang going to perform?Can he play bass? Can he sing? After the first chorus of You Really Got Me he answered the can he sing part with a hell yeah!
    He's a kid so he doesn't have the pipes MA does but he quite nicely.
    He demonstrated he's a good bass player as well.Being he's a Van Halen I didn't think it would be a problem.
    No,he's no MA yet but more experience and practice in all area's..the sky's the limit for him.
    Doesn't have the stage presence like MA but that might come in time.
    Overall,for a teenager I thought he did an incredible job.

Diamond Dave was a pleasant surprise for me.Wasn't sure he could still sing some of those tunes.Of course some songs were changed a bit to accomadate his voice but from the opener it was clear he can still bring it.No,he can't do the crazy screams anymore but he can still sing the songs.And occassionally he did belt out a scream reminiscent of the old days.Of course 50+ he can't jump around all night anymore but he did unleash a spin kick now and then.
    Mostly a straight-thru set so the usual Dave banter was toned down.Great stuff on the Ice Cream Man story though.

He was fantastic and truely where he's belonged all these years.Dave eluded to it himself during the show.
    You can tell he's truely happy and thankful to be back.And for him,in a uncommon modest way.

Alex,what can you say.A workhorse as always.Incredible all night.Love the 'Outta Love' part during the solo.

Edward...to me,the last 2 tours his playing seemed to be going down hill a bit.Don't know if it was the booze or what but it seemed less than stellar.
    NOT SO NOW!! HE WAS ON FIRE ALL NIGHT!!
    He blazed through all of them with gusto.Somebody Get Me A Doctor..Atomic Punk..ect,just amazing all night!!
    On top of that he seemed truely happy.They all did.All smiles,all night.Cool to see.
    It was Dave's birthday so Ed did a little Happy Birthday on guitar before his solo.Cool!

The crowd,while mostly forty-ish had a good % of young kids in attendence.Several with their parents.
    It seems a new generation of VH fans are amoong us.Gotta like that.

From start to finish the crowd was out of control! Like they were missing something for a long time and finally found it.
    Tremendous intensity and energy all night.
    Being it was Dave's birthday only fueled the fire more.

Highlights...Atomic Punk...Everybody Wants Some...Romeo...Wolfie doing the 'Dave give me a break' line...Eddie changing guitars all night.

Yeah,no MA sucks but it was still a great show and a special one to see Dave and Eddie back together.

Bottom line...it was great show and I'd love to see another.

On a side note,don't know if there's any signifigance to it but Ed used Frankenstein a lot at this show.At least 10 songs or more it seemed.Much more than I'm seeing from youtube clips of other shows.Coool!!
    Last edited by Pride of Pasadena; December 7th, 2007 at 10:31 PM.