Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
***Hot For Teacher***
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

***Hot For Teacher***

I want to talk about Hot for Teacher.

At first you get caught up in the drum solo and you think "what the hell is in this man's feet?" I mean the thunderous bass drum just takes you to another world.
    Then Eddie kicks in with this rythymic tapping phrase that when it kicks in it's like being at the very top of a roller coster, you know your about to go on the ride of your life. Now, the drum solo pretty much never stops it just keeps on going throughout the song. Eddie does this sloppy riff that just blows your mind and it kicks ass.
    Mike does this thunderous bass line (that he wrote himself i.e. Sikester), the only thing that runs through my mind is how can this get any better?
    Then Dave kicks in and it is just Dave. That is all I can say, Eddie might have wrote the song but Dave put his groove on the song.
    "Maybe I should go to hell, but I'm doin' well, teacher needs to see me after school. I think of all the education that I missed, but my home work was never quite like this." I think that says it all. The song continues from here.
    Now comes the guitar solo, Edward could have absolutey shreaded the guitar here but he shows control and does this kick ass guitar solo that is both medolic and rythymic plus it has some weird stuff in it I can't figure out. Somehow Eddie finds an end to this song, I wish he wouldn't have. This song could go from Kindergarten to Grad School being Hot for Teacher and I would have listened all the way through.

This could be the best Van Halen song of all time on the most selling CVH album (1984) of all time.

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" - Spock

*** EDWARD!!! ***

Thumbs up

Just another one of many classic =VH= songs that still continue to blow my mind.
    Edward is KING!
    He can do
    NO DVD!
    NO BOX SET!

NO WRONG!

http://www.evhgear.com/

aD*A*M*M*society
    This message is hidden because isum12? is on your ignore list.
    *Powered by BBL 2.0
    *1965-2009 *** MOFO *** Innovations ltd. P.A.F.

Quote Originally Posted by BadassMOFO
    Just another one of many classic =VH= songs that still continue to blow my mind.
    (Speaking like Iro) Thats good ole' bloke. Another classic song in our arsenal.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Edward makes the song, Dave embellishes.

That frantic riff (ZZ TOP on steroids), that solo....
    We all know who the Bus Driver is on HFT, don't we?

Remember Steve Vai attempted the same style with his "Audience is listening" classroom boogie tune?
    The result was as awkward as a teenager at his first prom.
    Vai just could not do it!
    It was paint by numbers boogie, while Ed's was paint the entire fucking city in red, white & black, jack!

It never ceases to amaze me just how freaking good Ed really is, even without trying too hard. Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars
    Edward makes the song, Dave embellishes.

That frantic riff (ZZ TOP on steroids), that solo....
    We all know who the Bus Driver is on HFT, don't we?

Vai just could not do it!
    It was paint by numbers boogie, while Ed's was paint the entire fucking city in red, white & black, jack!
    Dude DudeDUUUUUDE, THAT PHRASE SAYS EVERYTHING YOU COULD EVER DREAM UP ABOUT STEVE VAI.
    To think, If Eddie is that good drunk, how good is he sober? I can't fuckin wait until the tour comes to Birmingham.

Metal Up Your A$$!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars
    It never ceases to amaze me just how freaking good Ed really is, even without trying too hard. Amazing!
    Edward's hands are damn heavy!
    Wolfgang Van Halen - "I love being a bass player. Its just me and Al a groove section. Just boom, boom, boom, and were good". GW
    ---
    Edward Van Halen - "What is next for Wolf is the next record and the next tour. Hes no different than I am. Music is his life. If he goes back to school, Ill probably go with him. GC

THEE bassist for VH
    How many 1984 threads are we going to have? Mods, please merge them all together. HFT the best VH song A.J.? Hardly.

Roadie
    Love that song. By far the best tune of 1984 and the greatest music video ever!!

Only a little tardy
    its a great song!
    http://imgur.com/Yij2gqN

Git some!
    It's sounds great on acoustic! The main riff kinda sounds a bit countryish or something.

It's a great song nonetheless.
    Ready, Eddie!