Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Happy Birthday Edward Van Halen !!! - Page 2
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dance Baby!
    Happy Birthday, get healthy and good luck in 2007, Eddie!
    Last edited by punkatomic; January 26th, 2007 at 12:08 PM.
    Daniel (1994-2013)

No cheer******s allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by teckhoff
    Do you kiss your EVH poster before you go to bed each night? Chill out, man.

Simple fact is I found your post to be rather over stated.

I totally respect Ed's ability, but I not so blind with admiration that I would call him the King of The Six Strings.

Your policy of speak kindly of Ed or leave is just absurd.
    Go practice your Joe Strummer riffs, you moron.
    Dude, you join a Vh site, yet you can't even wish the guy a "Happy Birthday" on this forum.
    Why are you here even?
    Hendrix was a genius, brilliant songwriter, but anyone with half a brain can comprehend, as a guitar player, he wasn't even close to Ed.
    On that note, i'll wish Ed a very Happy Birthday, for you, you pompous idiot.

Buddhist Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by unchainedguitars
    Go practice your Joe Strummer riffs, you moron.
    Dude, you join a Vh site, yet you can't even wish the guy a "Happy Birthday" on this forum.
    Why are you here even?
    Hendrix was a genius, brilliant songwriter, but anyone with half a brain can comprehend, as a guitar player, he wasn't even close to Ed.
    On that note, i'll wish Ed a very Happy Birthday, for you, you pompous idiot.
    Name calling, how mature.

Even with less than half a brain, I still would be "out smarting" you.

Let's just take the recent post about GW's list of the Top 20 greatest solos: EVH has one solo listed and Hendrix has three. I spell it out for you: 3 is more than 1.

So the people at GW are less knowledgeable about guitarist than you? You should start your own magazine then.

As for why am I here? Well this is a CVH board and I am a CVH fan, which does not mean I have to perform "verbal fellatio" when talking about EVH.

You become so irrate when you preceive anyone's comments to be less than shining about your idol. Why do you take it so personally? Is your life defined by how great EVH is? If so, that's sad.

Perhaps you should change your username to UNHINGEDGUITARS?

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion" - from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by unhingedguitars
    Not true...look at what Hendrix had before him.

Happy Birthday Ed. Have a great 2007. I hope this landmark brings clarity to your life and you can send an apology to Mike. I hope this is your first cigarette-free day and that you also commit to staying clean and sober.
    We wish you the best.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=lemonchiffon][COLOR=Teal][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][B][SIZE=2]The plot thickens...

No cheer******s allowed!
    Beautiful!
    And i hereby dub you "Jerkoff" instead of Teckhoff.
    I guess you base your opinions on what the latest polls say, huh?
    Hendrix has three, EVH has one...Whoopdedoo!
    Think or listen for yourself, don't let the masses decide for you, idiot.

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    To each their own opinion.

But to put a pic of Hendrix in a thread about Ed's birthday is somewhat of a Schoolboy error.

I wonder if when it Jimi's birthday his, so called, fans post pics of Ed and claim him as master of the 6 strings? ... I doubt it... funny 'ol place we've got here.

No cheer******s allowed!
    Exactly my point, Ironica!
    Techoff just lost what little respect i had for him, when he resorted to that last night.
    Again, join a Hendrix board!

Buddhist Monk
    Beautiful!
    And i hereby dub you "Jerkoff" instead of Teckhoff.
    I guess you base your opinions on what the latest polls say, huh?
    Hendrix has three, EVH has one...Whoopdedoo!
    Think or listen for yourself, don't let the masses decide for you, idiot.
    First, Jerkoff? Really? You went for the obvious one? What about Fuckoff or Jackoff? Really, I am more secure in myself and my life to let your little name calling get me, er, unhinged.

Second, I only used the GW list as an example. I don't let the masses tell me what is good. If I did, I would have liked Van Hagar, which I don't.

Thirdly, my opinion, which is shared by many is that Jimi Hendrix is a better guitarist than EVH. Can I quantify that, no? Not anymore than you can quantify that more people think EVH is better than Hendrix. What next are we going debate which is the best color?

In civil discourse, one party states their opinion and the other party either agrees or disagrees with it. While each party will try to persuade the other party to their line of thinking, if they cannot they simply agree to disagree. They do not become beligerent. They don't resort to calling the other party an idiot or a moron. Those that do have limited vocabularies, brain capacity, maturity level, social skills, etc....

I did not realize that this board was for people who agreed with unchainedguitars. If I knew that from the start I probably would not have signed up.

Now I think I'll stay just to see what other gems of wisdom you dispense.

Jerkoff out!

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion" - from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

No cheer******s allowed!
    What a completely narcississitic, pompous fool you are.
    You have somehow managed to turn a thread wishing Edward VH a Happy Birthday into your own personal forum for your own bizarre purposes.
    You lack any sort of clarity, especially when it comes to musical ability.
    Please, just go away. That is all i request.

Band Manager
    Unchained...who cares? Ed would never ever read anything on this board anyway...even if you spent a year planning a life sized Frankie cake for him and baked it...he'd just go on with his business and lawyers would throw it to the ground and serve you with papers warning not to duplicate your previous bakery stunt.
    He doesn't give 2 shits about his fans and doesn't care about wishing him a happy birthday. He definitely doesn't care about Hendrix...after all Jimi had all of those pedals...

and this...
    What a completely narcississitic, pompous fool you are.
    You lack any sort of clarity, especially when it comes to musical ability.
    ...sounds like you are talking about Stef1984 but you wanted him to stay because he was all Ed Van Halen goggled...
    Last edited by smorgdonkey; January 26th, 2007 at 01:38 PM.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=lemonchiffon][COLOR=Teal][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][B][SIZE=2]The plot thickens...