Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
SAMMY HAGAR: GARY CHERONE 'Was Really Just A Moment In VAN HALEN'
Welcome to the ClassicVanHalen.com.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Bop bada, shoobe doo wah

SAMMY HAGAR: GARY CHERONE 'Was Really Just A Moment In VAN HALEN'

Sammy Hagar recently spoke to James Montgomery of MTV.com about VAN HALEN's upcoming induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

"The talk amongst us so far has been that we're probably not going to play, because of the awkward situation with [bassist] Michael [Anthony], and the situation with Dave [Lee Roth] and I, and all of us with each other. I mean, we're not like mortal enemies or anything, there's just some weird quirks," Hagar said. "But VAN HALEN has always been unpredictable anything can happen. If we get to play two songs, I'll be happy to sing one, and have Dave do the other one. I think that would be perfect. If there's only one song, well, then that could be kinda interesting."

Despite the fact that the former EXTREME singer Gary Cherone fronted VAN HALEN for nearly three years, and performed on 1998's "Van Halen III", Cherone won't be coming to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony. It might have something to do with hurt feelings, but probably has more to do with the fact that Cherone isn't being inducted.

"I got nothing against Gary, but I would've voted against him getting in," Hagar said. "I think he was really just a moment in VAN HALEN. Dave and I were in the band for so long, and we sold so many records and I don't think you can deny that. As it stands, it seems a little goofy if you let Gary in. Because, there was questions about me getting in, because I've only been in the band 21 years."

Read the entire article at MTV.com.

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    "I'm like...y'know" ... bleat.
    Last edited by IronicA; August 20th, 2010 at 10:30 AM.

Band Technician
    Thanks for the update Ryan! I thought Sammy made some good points.

Buddhist Monk
    Wow, I cannot believe I agree with Spammy on this one. I too think it is goofy that he was inducted as part of VH after less than 25 years after Van Hagar's first record release.

He's being all humble and pouring praise on DLR, I don't know if I believe it's sincere.

There's been so much said in the past (positivie and negative) that I am skeptical of every word that comes out of anyone's mouth about the band.

I guess that's what happens when a hardcore fan is dissappointed again and again and again and again.......
    Last edited by teckhoff; January 15th, 2007 at 01:31 PM.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion" - from Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

David Lee Roth Bodyguard
    I think he's rubbing salt in Ed's wounds by going on and on that he's "in" and he's basically saying about Gary "He's a nice guy i like him ... but he's a worthless cunt".

He was being complimentary to Dave.... just so it detracted from Ed and to make a move on us CVH fans - seems to have worked, judging by some of the comments Ive read in other posts.

I think this guy is smarter than his lyrics would suggest.... very good at manipulating people, perhaps thats why Mike fell for him.

DON'T LOOK INTO HIS EYES, PEOPLE.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by IronicA
    "I'm like...y'know" ... bleat.
    Who is Sam's quarterback in that pic...ouch...
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=lemonchiffon][COLOR=Teal][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][B][SIZE=2]The plot thickens...

THEE bassist for VH
    Haggis' words ring hollow to me. He knows this is his only chance to get into the RHOF. I'll be on my best behavior and no more bad mouthing anybody!

Anybody notice Haggis' poor math skills? Where does he get 21 years of being in the band? Try 11 sambo!
    Last edited by i1sum2!; January 15th, 2007 at 02:53 PM.

Band Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by i1sum2!
    Haggis' words ring hollow to me. He knows this is his only chance to get into the RHOF. I'll be on my best behavior and no more bad mouthing anybody!

Anybody notice Haggis' poor math skills? Where does he get 21 years of being in the band? Try 11 sambo!
    He probably meant to say that the longest ago he was in the band was 21 years ago, since the first Van Hagar album came out in 1986 and it's 2007.
    Hey Hey Mama said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove

THEE bassist for VH
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Street
    He probably meant to say that the longest ago he was in the band was 21 years ago, since the first Van Hagar album came out in 1986 and it's 2007.
    Yeah, I guess Haggis had to go and blow his own horn again. Just when I thought he was being a good boy! I guess he conveniently forgot those years from 96 on. He thinks because he did one tour in 04 that that qualifies as being in for 21.

Resident Moron
    its almost the same thing as maiden, when they had blaze bayley as a singer, only blaze could sing. oh wait, no its the same.

nevermind.

at least with bayley, they had one good song.
    I'm different. y'hear?