PDA

View Full Version : So much for bickering, they are playing Australia in April.

1234over
February 16th, 2013, 12:05 PM
http://www.vhnd.com/2013/02/16/van-halen-to-play-australia-in-april/

Nick AVH fan
February 16th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Tis not the end!!

rawkinrobbievh1
February 16th, 2013, 01:10 PM
UG is going to be thrown in a padded room , from all this emotional duress the band lays on him :tounge:

rawkinrobbievh1
February 16th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Tis not the end!!

Hear Ye , Hear Ye ...
Great news !

You have to keep the faith even when it doesn't seem like it .

unchainedguitars
February 16th, 2013, 03:25 PM
If the headline was: Van Halen back in the studio, then i'd be as ecstatic as they are at the Links.

One date, for a festival, in separate planes and limos, does not convince me that the bickering is a thing
of the past.

I do hope for the best, though.

rawkinrobbievh1
February 16th, 2013, 04:18 PM
I did hop onto the Links earlier today .
There's a lot of excitement about the Aussie shows for sure !

Also a few naysayers , but that's to be expected .

rawkinrobbievh1
February 16th, 2013, 04:21 PM
If the headline was: Van Halen back in the studio, then i'd be as ecstatic as they are at the Links.

One date, for a festival, in separate planes and limos, does not convince me that the bickering is a thing
of the past.

I do hope for the best, though.

A lot of the fanfare is over the Aussie show , but what might ALSO happen ...

It's unlikely that VH are gonna take their whole kit and kaboodle across the ocean to play one show .
There's an implied sense of more dates being added , from the responses i read .

Jungle Drummer
February 16th, 2013, 06:21 PM
A lot of the fanfare is over the Aussie show , but what might ALSO happen ...

It's unlikely that VH are gonna take their whole kit and kaboodle across the ocean to play one show .
There's an implied sense of more dates being added , from the responses i read .

Yep, I've never thought they'd rev up the machine to simply do only the three Japan dates and now the same thing with this Australia festival. There are two months between the Australia and Japan dates...plenty of time for them to do a run through the rest of the major Australian and New Zealand cities like they did with Gary in '98...

rawkinrobbievh1
February 16th, 2013, 06:25 PM
For all the flack they got , VH did a lot of things RIGHT on that tour with Gary .

They had a good sense of 'doing it for the fans' on that tour .
Plus they were all in peak form , musically .

Jungle Drummer
February 16th, 2013, 06:47 PM
For all the flack they got , VH did a lot of things RIGHT on that tour with Gary .

They had a good sense of 'doing it for the fans' on that tour .
Plus they were all in peak form , musically .

I agree. Up until I was finally able to witness VH with Dave in '07, I always maintained the Gary show I saw was by FAR the best VH show I'd ever seen. Certainly miles ahead of all the Sam shows I saw over the years, simply because the guy went out there and sang stuff like Unchained, Romeo Delight and Mean Street and I never got the sense he was half assing his way through the Dave songs the way Sam always did. Watching Sam "attempt" to sing Unchained on YT vids is always equal parts funny/bad no matter how awesome that song is.

rawkinrobbievh1
February 16th, 2013, 06:55 PM
We could probably start a whole new thread for our VHIII chats .
I don't give a flying f**k what the haters say , that tour was fantastic !

Gary gave his all and respected the VH legacy equally , but got shit on in the end .
He even bowed out gracefully , and speaks well of the bros, even today .

A class act .

Jungle Drummer
February 16th, 2013, 07:13 PM
We could probably start a whole new thread for our VHIII chats .
I don't give a flying f**k what the haters say , that tour was fantastic !

Gary gave his all and respected the VH legacy equally , but got shit on in the end .
He even bowed out gracefully , and speaks well of the bros, even today .

A class act .

Yeah, we'd be the only ones here commenting in that thread!:tounge:

Gary was in a no win situation, especially after the MTV Awards appearance with Dave, but he is the only member of the band who I've never seen tear into another member. Pretty classy guy indeed, and the band did sound great on that tour.

rawkinrobbievh1
February 16th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Yeah, we'd be the only ones here commenting in that thread!:tounge:

Gary was in a no win situation, especially after the MTV Awards appearance with Dave, but he is the only member of the band who I've never seen tear into another member. Pretty classy guy indeed, and the band did sound great on that tour.

We'd be the only two making positive and constructive comments , that's for sure !

I agree with the rest of your post .

Jungle Drummer
February 16th, 2013, 07:33 PM
We'd be the only two making positive and constructive comments , that's for sure !

I agree with the rest of your post .

Ahh, yes, you would be correct!:colgate:

rawkinrobbievh1
February 17th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Regarding the Aussie show coming up , i'd like to see it Pro-shot , like the 1998 concert was .
There needs to be an official documentation of the ADKOT tour with Dave .

It's long overdue .